PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff Exposes Glenn Beck as Greedy Hypocrite

Corto_Maltese
04-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Dont think this has been posted yet. If it has, remove this topic.
Wonder how much longer ppl here will defend beck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl9NAbm6MHQ&feature=feedf

TheNcredibleEgg
04-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, those two have been silently feuding for awhile now. It's very unfortunate.

As far as I can tell - Peter is right - Goldline is not a good company to deal with. Buy physical elsewhere.

Beck should not be promoting them.

Cdn_for_liberty
04-02-2011, 12:17 PM
who's the broker Peter is referring to? Damon Vickers?

FrankRep
04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Peter Schiff Exposes Glenn Beck as Greedy Hypocrite

The PRODUCERS, not Glenn Beck himself.

Peter Schiff attacked one of the sponsors of the show.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
The PRODUCERS, not Glenn Beck himself.

You really think Glenn Beck doesn't have the influence to stop Goldline if he wanted to?

FrankRep
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
You really think Glenn Beck doesn't have the influence to stop Goldline if he wanted to?

Bad things happen when you attack one of the financial sponsors of the show.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Bad things happen when you attack one of the financial sponsors of the show.

Probably so - but he can find different sponsors. I just think don't think Beck should promote a (semi) con of a company. He's really do his viewers a dis-service.

For some time Beck critics have cried foul over his relationship with Goldline International, a precious metals vendor that features the TV and radio host's endorsement prominently on their website. Critics charge that Beck is guilty of misleading his audience by often advising them to purchase gold in advance of the potential collapse of the value of the dollar on the world currency market, without disclosing that he is in fact a "paid spokesman" for Goldline. Beck's on-air promotion of gold, which includes advising viewers to construct "fruit cellars" and to rely on a "three G system" of "God, Gold, and Guns" in the event of America's collapse, dates back to his time as a host for CNN Headline News.

Glenn Beck also regularly talks up gold on his nationally syndicated radio show, where he often endorses Goldline during live commercial segments. Additionally, Beck has had the company's CEO on as a guest. Advertisements for Goldline are also featured prominently on Beck's own website, where he recently promoted gold in an audio clip warning of an apocalyptic future

Zatch
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Glenn Beck promoted N.I.A. on his show too. He or his research team either have really bad judgement or no principles.

Zatch
04-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't judge Glenn Beck for just allowing scammers to advertise on his show but the fact that he personally vouches for Gold Line and tells you to trust them is really douchebaggy.

emazur
04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Goldline advertises on lots of political radio shows

ronaldo23
04-02-2011, 01:39 PM
hopefully beck leaves fox when his contract expires and napolitano takes over the spot

schiff apparently has a beef with cavuto too, based on some angry emails schiff sent him a few years ago...he claims cavuto has been shutting him out of fox events ever since

Zatch
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
lol@the top video comment:

I'm a big Schiff fan, but what does he expect? Goldline is a major advertiser on Beck. I can't fault Beck for looking out for his own interests. He's probably using all that Goldline ad money to buy physical gold from APMEX and to invest in gold mines and investment funds. Keep exposing Goldline and shaming Beck in public, but I doubt Beck will cut off this profitable relationship.

Teaser Rate
04-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow Peter, who knew that repeatedly accusing someone’s biggest sponsor of committing fraud on opposing networks would get you kicked off his show?

His complain is about as valid as a man who can’t understand why his best friend won’t invite him over anymore after he got drunk at a party and he called his wife a c***.

For a supposedly intelligent person, Peter Schiff really lacks common sense sometimes.

low preference guy
04-02-2011, 03:46 PM
For a supposedly intelligent person, Peter Schiff really lacks common sense sometimes.

No, it's Glenn Beck who lacks common sense. He should thank Peter Schiff for showing him his errors.

BlackTerrel
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
A lot of big companies won't advertise with Beck because of boycotts so he takes what he can get. If Beck was really that greedy he wouldn't tithe 10% of his paycheck to the Church.

low preference guy
04-02-2011, 04:15 PM
If Beck was really that greedy he wouldn't tithe 10% of his paycheck to the Church.

Yep, encouraging your listeners to buy crap while pretending to sell them a hedge for inflation is OK if you're fulfilling your church responsibilities. As long a you give the church money, your sins don't matter.

raiha
04-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Good judge of character is Peter Schiff. Nearly as good as Max Keiser the other night who said he reminded him of a guard in a concentration camp with an armband. I must confess I wondered about your libel laws when I heard that, but i agreed heartily. Loathesome reptilian creature with an over-developed amygdala.

Carehn
04-02-2011, 04:37 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know paying twice as much for gold as you could pay is a bad deal. I called them about 2 years ago and they tell me i should pay that much for coins because as antiuqus its less likely the gov will take them from me....

Long story short its a bad deal. Just buy gold at the lowest price possible if you have to have it.

acptulsa
04-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I must confess I wondered about your libel laws when I heard that, but i agreed heartily.

The Supreme Court is on record affirming that political speech is free of our libel and slander laws, thank you very much. They really don't want to try to take that away from us. They'll obfuscate the airwaves to try to drown us out. They used to simply control all the outlets and make sure alternate voices were confined to mimeographed handouts. But they can't enforce a libel charge against political speech. Everyone knows that precedent.

You hear us whine a lot over here. But I'm proud of the way we do eventually draw a line in the sand. In a way, it's fun to see it in my lifetime.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Goldline advertises on lots of political radio shows

Not just advertise, Beck vouches for them.

raiha
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
The Supreme Court is on record affirming that political speech is free of our libel and slander laws, thank you very much. They really don't want to try to take that away from us. They'll obfuscate the airwaves to try to drown us out. They used to simply control all the outlets and make sure alternate voices were confined to mimeographed handouts. But they can't enforce a libel charge against political speech. Everyone knows that precedent.

You hear us whine a lot over here. But I'm proud of the way we do eventually draw a line in the sand. In a way, it's fun to see it in my lifetime.

That is presumably why some of you are so feisty. Praise be to Allah!

dannno
04-03-2011, 11:23 PM
bump