PDA

View Full Version : What is the source of the $400k donation bump?

TechnoGuyRob
10-24-2007, 11:58 PM
I know we don't need this thread, and I don't like starting up pointless and silly ones like this, but I figure it'll give the night owls something to speculate about. :)

EDIT: I'm really, really rooting for option #1. :p

terlinguatx
10-25-2007, 12:00 AM

brumans
I don't know but I like it :P

Perhaps it was from checks mailed in? That would be my guess.

We HAVE to hit $3,000,000 before the end of the month

7 days, $800,000 -- we've been slacking off the past couple days donation wise. Let's get this in gear and get 3 million!

twister5400
i'm saying offline, but i'm hoping it was a big secret money bomb

OptionsTrader
10-25-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't know but I like it :P

Perhaps it was from checks mailed in? That would be my guess.

Since http://ronpaulgraphs.com/ didn't record it, it was probably an offline accounting change. I agree.

Grandson of Liberty
10-25-2007, 12:02 AM
what about the curry interview? just an idea.

Perry
10-25-2007, 12:03 AM
I'll bet it was the $400,000 we raised last week in a couple of days.

Razmear
10-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm wondering if Cowda has seen this yet, he needs to change his code to get to the new widget. They are on 'version 4' of the widget now after correcting the primary dates and adding the missing cash.
I have no idea how to read the source code enough to get the new widget code. Where's the 'uber geek' when you need him?

eb

atariman486
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
If we can get 1.2 MIL in the last week of the month again.. (which I know might be unlikely).. that would put it at 3.4 MIL, plus any checks that haven't been counted yet and future offline fundraisers this week.. we'd be pretty close to the 4 MIL goal. That would be HUGE!

davidhperry
10-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I have a somewhat different theory on the recent change. I do think that the rise is due to the offline donations - because that's the only thing that it could be. If 200 people did a coordinated money bomb online, then it would show up in the data feed and at ronpaulgraphs.com.

I noticed that the last two days have been low donation-wise, unusually low. I'm guessing that they they normally process offline payments as soon as they get them and that they go out via the web service just like all the other payments. For some reason (busy, sick, technical glitch, etc.) the payments weren't processed which resulted in the lower numbers for Tuesday and Wednesday. They must have caught everything up today in one big update, which is why it is more obvious that it would normally be.

austin356
10-25-2007, 12:13 AM

that was already included in Lady Liberty.

It is quite obvious it was offline donations added cause Ron Paul graphs did not pick it up. If a money bomb had occurred it would have registered and even then the server could not handle 200 people donating at the exact same second.

I thought this was soo obvious it was a "fake question" at first so I put #1 as a satirical response.

purplechoe
10-25-2007, 12:15 AM
It jumped by over $400k so maybe that is the amount they tried to raise ($430k) right after the debate for the adds?

fcofer
10-25-2007, 12:24 AM
I know we don't need this thread, and I don't like starting up pointless and silly ones like this, but I figure it'll give the night owls something to speculate about. :)

EDIT: I'm really, really rooting for option #1. :p

Well, I know it wasn't option #1. :( Somewhat funny story.

I was really bothered tonight by our awful fundraising day today, especially when compared with the fundraising of a certain other candidate whose nom d'affection here at the Forums means something like "to hawk petty goods in a mercenary manner".

While complaining about this fact in the chatroom and speculating profoundly and dejectedly on these dismal affairs, my frustration motivated me to make another donation myself (so that I could then bitch at others with a clearer conscience). So I donated another $25.00.

I waited, as no doubt many of you do, to screenshot my name as it debuted on the fundraising chart. I waited for several minutes, during which time no-one else donated a thing. :( Finally, I snagged my screenshot, checked my email, and then tabbed back to the chatroom.

Right after I did so, everyone starts shouting, "Look at the official website! The graph has gone crazy!"

Well, I went back, and Lo and Behold, there was an additional $400k! It was like a gift from God, and cheered me up considerably!

However, my name was STILL rotating on the website chart, after more than 10 minutes. :( No way this could have happened if there had been hundreds of donators. So option #1 is out.

Nevertheless, I'm still glad about the $400k!

koob
10-25-2007, 12:40 AM
lol leave it up to ron paul supporters to suspect secret supporters.

i really like the idea. haha.

jgmaynard
10-25-2007, 12:43 AM
If 200 people did a coordinated money bomb online...

we would KNOW about it!!! :D

JM

jgmaynard
10-25-2007, 12:47 AM
...my frustration motivated me to make another donation myself (so that I could then bitch at others with a clearer conscience)...
Well, I went back, and Lo and Behold, there was an additional $400k...
However, my name was STILL rotating on the website chart, after more than 10 minutes.

My GOD man! How many times did you hit the "SEND" button?!?!?!?!? :D

JM

literatim
10-25-2007, 12:48 AM
The script could have been backlogged with donations.

American
10-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Interesting, the dailypaul has a completely different number, but it looks like they are running the same script.

argounova
10-25-2007, 01:19 AM

However, my name was STILL rotating on the website chart, after more than 10 minutes. :( No way this could have happened if there had been hundreds of donators. So option #1 is out.

Nevertheless, I'm still glad about the $400k!

maybe your 25 bucks got into the system and multiplied like bunnies!

jgmaynard
10-25-2007, 01:19 AM
lol leave it up to ron paul supporters to suspect secret supporters.

Secret ALIEN supporters!

JM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jgmaynard/ist2_1864027_alien_in_flying_saucer.jpg

Abobo
10-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Ron Paul is like Jesus. He got a $10 donation, passed it around to all his supporters, and was left with $400,000.

Razmear
10-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Interesting, the dailypaul has a completely different number, but it looks like they are running the same script.

They, and everyone else, is running a different widget that just looks a whole lot like the old one.
During the Q3 closing push I still had the old widget up and running when they changed the goal from 500k to $1mil and it kept updating away just like the one on DP and RPG are still doing, they are just both working off of a different base number, which is why there is a $431950 difference between the two.

eb

devil21
10-25-2007, 01:45 AM

I was watching both fundraisers and both moved at same pace with same donors listed. That's not it.

CCTelander
10-25-2007, 03:12 AM
nevermind

chowda
10-25-2007, 05:45 AM
answers here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28630

bolidew
10-25-2007, 06:36 AM
If we can get 1.2 MIL in the last week of the month again.. (which I know might be unlikely).. that would put it at 3.4 MIL, plus any checks that haven't been counted yet and future offline fundraisers this week.. we'd be pretty close to the 4 MIL goal. That would be HUGE!

Good point.

Adamsa
10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Who cares? We're over 2 million now though.