PDA

View Full Version : Concentrating Internet Effort

AmericasLastHope
10-24-2007, 11:35 PM
I recently got ahold of a United States map showing donor levels for Ron Paul on a scale of 1 to 5. 5 being the highest amount of donors, 1 being the lowest. Then I compared the first 7 primary states. The good news is Ron Paul got a 2 or above on every single one of the first 7 states. I figure of the first 7 states a coordinated online campaign should be conducted to target the states whose primaries are the earliest and have the lowest amount of donors.

Logically, I figure states with the highest amount of donors have more supporters, or at least more financial support to get the word out. Below is the list in the order of the primaries. New Hampshire is expected to move itself up to the front of the line, but has still yet to do so. Therefore I have included New Hampshire in its current spot. Each number represents that state's strength in donors.

Iowa 2
Wyoming 4
Michigan 2
(Same Day) Nevada 5 South Carolina 2
New Hampshire 5
Florida 3

These are good numbers because some states like Louisiana, New York, and a handful of others, mostly Deep South states have only a 1 ranking in donations. So the weakest and earliest states are Iowa, Michigan, and South Carolina. At the same time, maybe this is a bad indicator of support because 2,000 students did show up to see Congressman Paul after the debate at that University in Michigan.

Anyway, what I'm thinking is that we put our heads together and come up with creative ideas to help target these specific states online: Iowa, Michigan, and South Carolina. We need to come up with interesting ways to plug Ron Paul's name in on sites that Ron Paul supporters aren't thinking of targeting. There are plenty of ideas. I've seen so many different tactics, people going on Homeschooling sites, pro-gun sites, Christian sites, etc. There have to be certain sites we could go to that local people go to in Iowa, Michigan, and South Carolina and mention Dr. Paul's name and spin him his name in relative to the topic, then emphasize the necessity to vote in the primary for him according to the viewer's needs. i.e. if it's a Michigan anti-tax website we talk about how he wants to get rid of the IRS, if it's a South Carolina Homeschooling site we talk about how he wants to get rid of the Dept. of Education and preserve the right to Homeschool, if it's an Iowa online gambling site we talk about how Ron Paul is against banning any form of online gambling, etc.

What do you think?