PDA

View Full Version : Radiation Found In Snow In NH

ItsTime
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
http://blog.officebums.com/do-not-eat-the-white-snow/

Dr. José Montero of the Department of Health and Human Services says the level of radioiodine-131 in the sample taken over the weekend do not pose a threat to public health.

eduardo89
04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Liberty radiating onto NH snow?

ItsTime
04-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Liberty radiating onto NH snow?

Would be something if the State house would glow ha!

MelissaWV
04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I saw the radiation traces found across the US represented on a map, and I wasn't shocked at it showing up in the northeast. The storms churn up the air, and move across, and rain/snow/fog in certain areas.

What was more alarming was the radiation found in Florida (none of the surrounding states were colored in on the map). It seems like the air patterns just don't really support this. I wonder what else is leaking that is causing this?

Zippyjuan
04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Radiation comes from many sources- including natural ones. The amounts found are barely traces- parts per billion and barely measurable. You get more radiation flying on an airplane or getting an x-ray at the dentist.

TheTyke
04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Radiation comes from many sources- including natural ones. The amounts found are barely traces- parts per billion and barely measurable. You get more radiation flying on an airplane or getting an x-ray at the dentist.

This. Seriously.... nuclear/radiation hysteria has been ratcheted up (probably intentionally.) It reminds me a little of global warming, a great, omnipresent threat that no one can quite pin down, but it's just scary. And of course it's used to justify government regulations, and less competition in energy. A relative used to work exposed to high levels of radiation, and a friend of his even more so (before they "realized" how dangerous it was.) Both lived normal normal lives and had fine offspring... My experiences simply don't match the hype.

Carehn
04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I told you guys its called Radisafe now. Its good for you guys, stop being so scared over a little radisafe. TV said its all gunna be just fine.

AZKing
04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I told you guys its called Radisafe now. Its good for you guys, stop being so scared over a little radisafe. TV said its all gunna be just fine.

Damnit, I've been calling it Safeation. Which one is it?!