PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Needs to Go Viral!

Lothario
03-31-2011, 11:14 PM
If Ron Paul does decide to run, and I think the odds are looking pretty good, we must absolutely seize the opportunities provided by every form of communication possible. Ron has developed such a strong youth and internet momentum, that we now have all the makings of a viral, exponentially expanding grass roots campaign.

Youtube, Facebook, and others provide the means to completely saturate the political atmosphere of main street. His face and name need to become ubiquitous - which his ever increasing media exposure is helping with already.

My question is - what is the best way for the thousands of individual Ron Paul supporters to develop a unified viral message that compels the ignorant to take notice?

Somehow, despite his increasing popularity, 2008 came and went without me or millions of others still ever knowing a thing about Ron Paul - I'm completely dedicated to making sure that same mistake doesn't happen in 2012!

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
ok

Dave Aiello
03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
ok

Is that how we treat newcomers here? c'mon, mod-dogg! this guy is fired up!

Also, In an obvious attempt to up your post-count, I'd like to ask that you, as a moderator, moderate your post.

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
yeah dude sorry im bummed about the straw poll

OP welcome get active find a local meetup and get off the internet when it counts

http://www.facebook.com/RP2012USA
http://www.freedomatlas.org

plus get acquainted with the forum don't post stuff like this in general politics

Lothario
04-01-2011, 12:21 AM
That's the thing though - people who care about straw polls are politically active enough to find Ron Paul on their own. Ron Paul needs to become cool to people who are bored by the thought of straw polls...

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 12:45 AM
music
memes
comedy
youth leadership
college campuses
games
art

Lothario
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
music
memes
comedy
youth leadership
college campuses
games
art

How can we take this localized approach viral - yes like memes? You know, it's like when all of a sudden everybody's facebook profile changes to a cartoon or something and the idea goes viral in just hours - and it's in front of everybody's face whether they knew about it or not.

How about an "I am Ron Paul" campaign? Like some app that superimposes 'I am Ron Paul' on your profile pic - accompanied with online short video compilations of everyone young and old saying "I am Ron Paul" - you hear that phrase 10 times in 10 seconds by different faces and intermittently listing a Ron Paul campaign point as their own, like "I will bring our troops home" with quick editing? Sounds catchy.

amberjack
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I have a feeling nothing with an agenda would become a meme.. and have a difficult time going viral.

People do things for the lulz. People watch viral things for the lulz. People get turned off if they thing someone's pushing an agenda.

In order to get Ron Paul viral, we would have to get to the point where people are voting Ron Paul for the lulz.

---

Maybe we could combine Ron Paul with an existing meme.. "All your base are belong to Ron Paul" or "LOL Ron Paul" or "The Fed is a Lie"? ^_~

"I can haz President?"

IDefendThePlatform
04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
"I can haz President?"

New campaign slogan?

IDefendThePlatform
04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
How can we take this localized approach viral - yes like memes? You know, it's like when all of a sudden everybody's facebook profile changes to a cartoon or something and the idea goes viral in just hours - and it's in front of everybody's face whether they knew about it or not.

How about an "I am Ron Paul" campaign? Like some app that superimposes 'I am Ron Paul' on your profile pic - accompanied with online short video compilations of everyone young and old saying "I am Ron Paul" - you hear that phrase 10 times in 10 seconds by different faces and intermittently listing a Ron Paul campaign point as their own, like "I will bring our troops home" with quick editing? Sounds catchy.

That does sound catchy, and educational. I would definitely watch it.