PDA

View Full Version : I met Ron Paul tonight!

Zydeco
10-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Dr. Paul spoke at American University in Washington tonight. About 250 people were there -- don't be sad that it's a smallish number, the organizer said they had to turn away hundreds of RSVPs because they ran out of space, even moving the talk to a larger venue than the original space, which only had room for 175.

The crowd was about 75% students, not just from AU but from other DC universities, I spoke to people from Catholic and George Washington as well.

Ready to be jealous? I stood about 10 feet in front of Dr. Paul for his entire 45-minute talk. He's an electrifying speaker and got a major applause line every minute or so. And later he signed a Constitution to my 1-yr-old nephew (got in just before the crowd mobbed him).

This guy is going to be president. I am sure of it. He is da man!

steph3n
10-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I got to shake his hand and speak for a moment in Orlando, the guy is amazing around people.

OptionsTrader
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
This guy is going to be president. I am sure of it. He is da man!

Love it!

work2win
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Awesome! I hope I am lucky enough to see him in person.

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 11:20 PM

margomaps
10-24-2007, 11:32 PM
haha, i'm jealous. i took him for granted when he was my congressman. now that im politically involved i look back with regret that i didnt jump on at least one out of 100's of opportunities to meet this great man. i'm gonna start hitting up some rally and fundraisers though and try to get an autograph :)

Unfortunately you may have missed your chance. Ron Paul is a rock star now -- surrounded by throngs of adoring fans wherever he goes. I managed to get within 5 feet of him at his rally in Manchester NH last month. I wanted him to sign my Ron Paul t-shirt, but this little 6-year old brat got in front of me at the last second. I should have punched that kid. (j/k :D )

Anyhow, you heard it here first: Ron Paul...rock star!

Santana28
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
i'm still in awe that i was lucky enough to stand directly under the podium during his speech at the Iowa Straw Poll. I was one of the lucky people in the "cheering section" that each candidate was allowed to bring in. Oh yeah... and then i've met him and shook his hand a couple of other times :) I guess i'm just a Ron Paul groupie now. I really don't try to take up his time, but it seems like at these events every time i turned around the man was standing right next to me!

I've met a LOT of celebrities but this is one of the only times i've ever really been star-struck. Its just amazing to realize that i can help someone really make a difference in this world for once!

American
10-25-2007, 01:07 AM
thats awesome, I hope someone got a video of the event, someone had posted a very short clip earlier but not the whole thing. I would love to see it.

yaz
10-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Send the picture to your local newspaper. Write an article about it. Local news loves it when someone from the same city does something good.

Primbs
10-25-2007, 02:27 AM
It was a very good event for American University. I have been there for Congressmen who speak and only six people show up.

This was a large crowd. Ron Paul's crowds are growing.