PDA

View Full Version : The Hypocrisy is Killing Me in Libya.

Kotin
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
I cannot believe this is happening again..

the thing that pisses me off the most is saying that we had to go in to stop immediate bloodshed on a mass scale..

THIS SORT OF BLOODSHED AND WORSE IS HAPPENING IN COUNTLESS PLACES AROUND THE WORLD!!

and yet this is the excuse we are given??

we never intervene to stop bloodshed. we only use it as an excuse to go after oil etc..

I dont know why but this is the part that really gets me.

"If we hadnt gone into Libya, there would have been blood in the streets"

THERE IS BLOOD IN THE STREETS IN COUNTLESS PLACES. theres horrible murder and genocide taking place around the world and we use this excuse to yet again expand our empire. I am beyond disgusted.

the other thing I cannot get over is how silent the left is on this.. and I dont get into partisan politics but seriously with all the noise they made about bush's wars and the supposed clout of the "Anti-War left".. now we see them sitting silently as we expand our current wars and start new ones. DISGUSTING!

specsaregood
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
It seems to me that the best thing to do is sit back, have a drink and wait for the inevitable collapse of our civilization, just like the empires before us.

Kylie
03-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Never let a crisis go to waste.

In fact, invent them if you must.

QueenB4Liberty
03-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah it makes me angry too.

smithtg
03-31-2011, 05:57 PM
did anyone here actually think Barry was different than dubya?

FrankRep
03-31-2011, 06:02 PM

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.

- Professor Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/tragedy-and-hope.html) (1966)

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 06:04 PM
I hope my friends and family don't bring this up around me. I'll likely blow a fuse I'm so mad.

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
the other thing I cannot get over is how silent the left is on this.. and I dont get into partisan politics but seriously with all the noise they made about bush's wars and the supposed clout of the "Anti-War left".. now we see them sitting silently as we expand our current wars and start new ones. DISGUSTING!

Yeah, been expecting to see Code Pink rallies any day now. Instead, crickets.

TER
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
The only relief I get is knowing that the hypocrisy of this administration is making it easier and easier for the people to see there is really only one party running this country and the time to get back to Constitutional government is more urgent than ever. Ron Paul 2012 becomes more and more a reality with every decision this administration makes.

ravedown
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
instant kneejerk response, " i didnt hear a peep from you republicans/ conservatives when bush..yada yada yada..."

i have to admit- when i was watching the obama celebration in chicago i would never have guessed something like this was remotely in his bag of tricks. terrible economic, social policy, sure...but fucking war?...and for practically nothing? wow- impressive. my lib friends are very quick to change the subject lately.

amy31416
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey Kotin, this is a benevolent war, Obama has a Peace Prize, he's playing chess, he's saving innocent people, what do you want--to let them be slaughtered? Obama's the man. Like fucking Superman. And if anything goes wrong it's Bush's fault, because the buck stops over there...and the only reason Obama had to give more money to Wall Street, corporations and bankers was to clean up Bush's mess...which, for the record, is the only reason he still has to hire Blackwater, keep Gitmo open, expand the wars, extend the Patriot Act, bow to the king of Saudi Arabia, cut domestic programs and kow-tow to the neocons in the GOP. Did you want him to be Superman and fix everything in two years? It's still too soon...he's playing chess, and you are just a dumb pawn who couldn't possibly understand. Just wait until his second term when the whole ship will magically be righted, and he will have a second term, because God knows, I'd never vote for a neocon...hell no--those guys are evil bastards who don't give a shit about torture, indefinite detention, and would lie to us to start wars. Obama is not a neocon, he can't be, he's a black, worldly democrat who is far smarter than you...and he's playing chess--he has to be. If I'm not smart enough to understand it, you sure as shit are not either. Now sit back, vote for him in 2012 or Sarah Palin will slaughter your children like she slaughters chickens. That is the only other choice.

/end stream of consciousness idiocy

Cutlerzzz
03-31-2011, 06:18 PM

the thing that pisses me off the most is saying that we had to go in to stop immediate bloodshed on a mass scale..

THIS SORT OF BLOODSHED AND WORSE IS HAPPENING IN COUNTLESS PLACES AROUND THE WORLD!!

we never intervene to stop bloodshed. we only use it as an excuse to go after oil etc..

THERE IS BLOOD IN THE STREETS IN COUNTLESS PLACES. theres horrible murder and genocide taking place around the world and we use this excuse to yet again expand our empire. I am beyond disgusted.

If it makes you feel better a lot of neoconservative republicans are not being hypocritcal. They supported war under Bush and war under Obama.

LatinsforPaul
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM

How about the innocent families and children we (the US Government) have and are killing, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and now Libya. :mad:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/xxxresistance/WarEnd.jpg

Theocrat
03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I think it's truly hypocritical for Obama to start a war with Libya to stop the slaughter of innocent people there, but then he continues to support and does nothing to stop the slaughter of innocent people in our own country, via abortions. The U.S. needs to get the beam out of its own eye before it seeks to cast out motes from the eyes of other nations (Matthew 7:1-5). We have blood on our hands, too, and it's against those who cannot even defend themselves.

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2011, 06:25 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/WWI1.jpg

Theocrat
03-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Kotin, this is a benevolent war, Obama has a Peace Prize, he's playing chess, he's saving innocent people, what do you want--to let them be slaughtered? Obama's the man. Like fucking Superman. And if anything goes wrong it's Bush's fault, because the buck stops over there...and the only reason Obama had to give more money to Wall Street, corporations and bankers was to clean up Bush's mess...which, for the record, is the only reason he still has to hire Blackwater, keep Gitmo open, expand the wars, extend the Patriot Act, bow to the king of Saudi Arabia, cut domestic programs and kow-tow to the neocons in the GOP. Did you want him to be Superman and fix everything in two years? It's still too soon...he's playing chess, and you are just a dumb pawn who couldn't possibly understand. Just wait until his second term when the whole ship will magically be righted, and he will have a second term, because God knows, I'd never vote for a neocon...hell no--those guys are evil bastards who don't give a shit about torture, indefinite detention, and would lie to us to start wars. Obama is not a neocon, he can't be, he's a black, worldly democrat who is far smarter than you...and he's playing chess--he has to be. If I'm not smart enough to understand it, you sure as shit are not either. Now sit back, vote for him in 2012 or Sarah Palin will slaughter your children like she slaughters chickens. That is the only other choice.

/end stream of consciousness idiocy

Somebody has been drinking the Obama-Aid...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qUFDMUpk9jE/SzBYuNVNw6I/AAAAAAAAb60/Wu2FJeUMnXE/s400/obama-kool-aid.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Well, this is not likely to improve your mood...:mad:

At least 40 civilians dead in Tripoli strikes: Vatican official

Reuters
March 31, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/at-least-40-civilians-dead-in-tripoli-strikes-vatican-official/

At least 40 civilians have been killed in air strikes by Western forces on Tripoli, the top Vatican official in the Libyan capital told a Catholic news agency on Thursday, quoting witnesses.

“The so-called humanitarian raids have killed dozens of civilian victims in some neighborhoods of Tripoli,” said Giovanni Innocenzo Martinelli, the Apostolic Vicar of Tripoli.

“I have collected several witness accounts from reliable people. In particular, in the Buslim neighborhood, due to the bombardments, a civilian building collapsed, causing the death of 40 people,” he told Fides, the news agency of the Vatican missionary arm.

Southron
03-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Excellent rant. I was angry when this war started but now I just feel hopeless.

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Well, this is not likely to improve your mood...:mad:

At least 40 civilians dead in Tripoli strikes: Vatican official ....

Sorry, was in very poor taste.

Pericles
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
The only relief I get is knowing that the hypocrisy of this administration is making it easier and easier for the people to see there is really only one party running this country and the time to get back to Constitutional government is more urgent than ever. Ron Paul 2012 becomes more and more a reality with every decision this administration makes.
That ^

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H44IkuSV9qQ/TK67XVMTVvI/AAAAAAAAN1g/zjPHM7LbUXU/s320/bush_obama_morph.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
http://pimphop.com/wp-content/uploads/obama_youth_04.jpg

Suckahz!!

Carehn
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
edit

Ekrub
04-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I wonder if the anti-war left will have a problem with the tea-partiers equating Obama with Hitler.