PDA

View Full Version : so why the heck not Paul/Trump ticket?

nc4rp
03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
feel free to enlightem me, because as far as i know Donald seems probably free trade, sound money, and affordable military policy, protect borderes. I dont know, so does anyone know off hand why they wouldn't team up?

Sola_Fide
03-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Nah.

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Dear. God. No.

SWATH
03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Because Trump sucks...?

specsaregood
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
feel free to enlightem me, because as far as i know Donald seems probably free trade, sound money, and affordable military policy, protect borderes. I dont know, so does anyone know off hand why they wouldn't team up?

You are probably wrong.

And
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/02/donald-trumps-donations-to-democrats.html

nc4rp
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
well i thought like yall until i just saw this clip a few minutes ago. Don is all fired up man. He's reading the web and getting educated. Won't be long before the trail leads him to agree with the whole Ron Paul platform, and he has clout to compete with the Globalists here at home. just sayin it struck me that he seems a little different and fired up and together could wipe obama im pretty sure about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DolbWK4-Yw

dannno
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Very anti-free trade (wants high tariffs against China), probably doesn't know much about our monetary system, ok on military I think, and the other day an article was posted that said he is for taxing the rich to pay off the debt.

Ray
03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
He said that the first thing he will do when he gets into office is crash the global economy (25% tariff on all Chinese imports). No thanks.

Pericles
03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Because Trump sucks...?
So, that is the only thing wrong with the plan?;)

nc4rp
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
He said that the first thing he will do when he gets into office is crash the global economy (25% tariff on all Chinese imports). No thanks.

Ron Paul educated millions of people over a few months. What if Trump came around to agree with Paul. Trump is smart he might decide Ron is right. What if that happened? It would have to be Trump/Paul though, because i woudlnt trust Trump to not off Paul in order to become president heh. hey its politics. We know though that Paul as vice president wouldnt backstab anyone.
kinda sucks to have to go there but be realistic.

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 02:48 PM
one is unelectable

ClayTrainor
feel free to enlightem me, because as far as i know Donald seems probably free trade,

Nope. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever come across anyone who opposes Free Trade more than Donald Trump, except maybe AF, lol.

trey4sports
His positions are O.K.

He's a smug ass-hat though.

Johnnymac
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
idk the guy is a dick and openly bashed ron, plus hes a bussiness man like hello!

sailingaway
03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Because Trump is a sideshow, not a policy maker.

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
one is unelectable

in the words of the other

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Because Trump is a sideshow, not a policy maker.

who wants any more policies?

AuH20
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
idk the guy is a dick and openly bashed ron, plus hes a bussiness man like hello!

Yes, a successful businessman cannot understand the concept of liberty.

http://www.libertarianism.com/pop_celebrity/mark-cuban

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Nope. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever come across anyone who opposes Free Trade more than Donald Trump, except maybe AF, lol.

Was just going to bump this heh heh heh.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?283747-Donald-Trump-if-President-would-Support-a-25-TAX-on-*ALL*-Chinese-Imports!/page5

sailingaway
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
who wants any more policies?

Policies are not the same as laws. You can have a POLICY of abolishing laws, for example.

nc4rp
03-31-2011, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Johnnymac;3186115]idk the guy is a dick and openly bashed ron,QUOTE]

dean.engelhardt
03-31-2011, 03:29 PM

I assume you do not own a television or radio.

JK/SEA
03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Too many 'what if's' with Donald.

Brown Sapper
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
The man has filed for bankruptcy 4 times and as recent as 2009. Would you want him running your country?

low preference guy
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
The man has filed for bankruptcy 4 times and as recent as 2009. Would you want him running your country?

Well, we are going to need somebody to deal with a bankruptcy, because the country actually is bankrupt.

anaconda
03-31-2011, 09:48 PM

I just saw Trump on O'Reilly. I honestly had no idea that Trump was such a dip shit. He's a warmongering imperialist protectionist. And he sounds utterly uneducated in politics or foreign affairs. He said we should stay in Iraq forever and take all of the oil we need. He says that Chinese imports should be charged a 25% tax. He is also appears to be saying what the GOP dip shit base wants to hear. O'Reilly says he polls even with Mitt Romney at 10%. Trump is a pathetic laughing stock. Rand would reduce him to a blithering crumpled humiliated wreck in a debate.

anaconda
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Too many 'what if's' with Donald.

Like what if he had any idea whatsoever about what he is talking about. I am astonished at how ignorant Trump is and what a chameleon charlatan he is. He just needs to keep building condos in Manhattan with his daddy's money.

emazur
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
I'll be you a silver dollar that after Trump drops out of the primaries (if he even participates) he will not be rooting for Ron Paul.

Besides even if Paul/Trump won the presidency, Trump would constantly try to steal the spotlight and would inject much poison into the legitimacy of a Paul presidency.

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Well, we are going to need somebody to deal with a bankruptcy, because the country actually is bankrupt.

<snort>

Hard to argue with that I suppose.

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
With Trump, it's his way or the highway. That's not the type of person who will bind themselves by the chains of the constitution.

Don't think so.

anaconda
03-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Trump's interview with O'reilly was laughably bad. Trump is a joke. He will look like a laughing stock if he gets on the debate stage with either Paul.

sailingaway
04-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Trump's interview with O'reilly was laughably bad. Trump is a joke. He will look like a laughing stock if he gets on the debate stage with either Paul.

When I said he was a sideshow, I was literally meaning it. He isn't running, he doesn't have policies. He's just being sensationalistic because he likes the attention.

acptulsa
04-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Ron Paul educated millions of people over a few months. What if Trump came around to agree with Paul. Trump is smart he might decide Ron is right. What if that happened? It would have to be Trump/Paul though, because i woudlnt trust Trump to not off Paul in order to become president heh. hey its politics. We know though that Paul as vice president wouldnt backstab anyone.
kinda sucks to have to go there but be realistic.

Gee, these are incredibly tempting selling points. He might come around and put the nation's interests ahead of both his own interests and his own ego for the first time in his life, he might not off our man if we let him have all the power and support him for no return whatsoever, and then we get a Democratic operative who has given only to powermongering liberals in his political past to chase all the Republican primary voters away.

Such a deal.

Wake me when he wins the primary and asks Paul to be his running mate, and we'll talk. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm so tired I could do a Rip van Winkle.

MikeStanart
04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
VP? NO

Ron Paul's presidential "Lay-offer?" Absolutely.

Imagine Ron sending Trump to the various agencies and bringing thousands of people into rooms and him yelling "You're Fired!".

It would be L:collins:L

BlackTerrel
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
With all this VP talk - we do realize you don't actually pick your VP until after you've won the primary right?

Let's deal with it then.

Dreamofunity
04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
One is a protectionist douche bag, and the other is the best free trade proponent that has held elected office...

Ethek
04-02-2011, 02:55 PM

If China is using its manufacturing base to produce products in an irresponsible way, such as mass polution from chemicles use to varnish furniture or fireproof things and that cheating of the system is the only reason they are able to produce more cheaply... why not?

You can play by the rules, but if someone else is not your just lieing to yourself and living beneath your means... in a free trade economy with the liberty to produce, you also have an equal responsibility. You cannot have one without the other.

Agorism
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Trump is obnoxious and would discredit the Paul movement into something like the circus show that critics want it to be.

newbitech
04-02-2011, 03:09 PM

because if Trump was elected on a RP ticket, he'd losing any and all of the money he may have gotten by simply pretending he was in the running to be elected.

Agorism
04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Trump isn't even a conservative or Libertarian. He's the "Donald."

TheNewYorker
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Trump isn't even a conservative or Libertarian. He's the "Donald." he's a douche.

sailingaway
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Because Trump offers nothing but vulgarity and marginalization.

chris41336
12-20-2011, 06:55 PM
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/angry-no.png

JK/SEA
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
wtf?...who bumped this..Donald, you in here?

freejack
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Someone just called into the Savage Nation and proposed this. I believe they did this because they were talking about Trump and the caller used it as a way to sneak in a mention of Ron. Nice move but Savage shut him down with the isolationist and dangerous foreign policy talk.

InTradePro
12-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Trump has so many negatives. He is a joke candidate.

RickyJ
12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Really, this thread should be locked. This is a post from MARCH people. Not relevant today,

Liberty74
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Trump <---- Part of the establishment plus his political donations to Democrats out number that to Republicans. It's all for BIZ reasons according to him. I honestly think Trump is a shill. Or a plant within the Republican nomination process. He has been a complete joke from the get go has he not?

brushfire
12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Someone just called into the Savage Nation and proposed this. I believe they did this because they were talking about Trump and the caller used it as a way to sneak in a mention of Ron. Nice move but Savage shut him down with the isolationist and dangerous foreign policy talk.

Is Savage bi-polar? One day he's amp'd on Paul, and the next day is badmouthing him. WTF, Savage?

Oh yea... and Trump's a sideshow freak. He should stick with his so called "reality" tv show, and getting a few ribs removed...

Xenophage
12-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Lol! You must be new 'round here ;) I guess you didn't know Trump hates Ron Paul and called him a joke with no chance, and that Paul wrote an open letter declining participation in Trump's newest reality T.V. show, "Republican Debate."

pen_thief
12-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Trump is such an asshole. Sorry. I would seriously question Ron's sanity if he put trump on his ticket. :(
It'd undermine everything he's ever fought for.

Just saw how old this thread was, lol. Well jeez. I'll just be exiting then :P

PauliticsPolitics
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
HEY PEOPLE!
The original post is from MARCH!
This thread is like 7 months old.
Stop ripping on the OP.

gerryb
12-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Someone who donates to Clinton, Ed Kennedy, Rahm Emmanuel, Reid, Rangel, Rendell, Kerry, Schumer, etc. should not be anywhere near the campaign

RickyJ
12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
HEY PEOPLE!
The original post is from MARCH!
This thread is like 7 months old.
Stop ripping on the OP.

I didn't know that, sorry OP. Maybe there should be a way to lock such threads that are no longer relevant.

PauliticsPolitics
12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Yea, it might be time for a MOD to dump this thread elsewhere.

Michael Landon
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
The primary reason is this... one week into Paul's Presidency he gets killed and Trump becomes President.

- ML

affa
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Donald Trump is a clown, an absolute buffon.

I mean, heck, the man got roasted on Comedy Central. He eats pizza with a fork. He wears a small animal of indeterminate origin on his head. He insults Dr. Paul on a regular basis. He's a reality television host. He's gone bankrupt multiple times. He's viewed as pompous and excessive. He needs his name big and bold.

Forget him. Never. Blah.

KMA-NWO
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
>Originally Posted by PauliticsPolitics View Post
>HEY PEOPLE!
>The original post is from MARCH!
>This thread is like 7 months old.
>Stop ripping on the OP.

Make me...