PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends of Liberty

Gumba of Liberty
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Dear Friends of Liberty,

I have been a follower of this site and the liberty movement for years. The reason I have decided to join today is that it has come to the point were I can no longer be a spectator in the Revolution and I see great opportunity to move people toward liberty with recent occurrences. I believe I have something to contribute and the clock is ticking.

First, let me introduce myself. I am in a 5th year education master’s program in Virginia. Currently, I am doing my students teaching. (Thanks to amazing resources on Mises.org, Austrian economics, Tom Woods, Ron Paul and others) my cooperating teachers cannot believe how much content knowledge I have. Right now I see 90 7th grade students everyday. I have just finished a unit on the Cold War. Last Friday (the day after the exam on the Cold War and the day before our glorious Spring Break) my teacher gave me free reign to teach material that would link the Cold War to Civil Rights. I taught a lesson on GUNS and BUTTER in the 1960s and 1970s and how Nixon removed the Gold Standard. By the end of the day I had 90 seventh grade students understand the dangers and excesses of fiat currency. These (7th GRADE!) students understand what grown adults cannot. Not only were the students aware of our Crisis, with excess of $110 trillion dollars in obligations and debts, they also were horrified that we are in 150 countries around the world and they understand why their money is losing its value. One kid goes ”I feel like were playing one giant game of monopoly!” to which I replied “And you know how that game ends, right?”

Education should be our number one goal. But in addition to education we need to develop a game plan for how we are going to attack each level of government and turn the power centers of government back into the hands of the liberty minded.

If there are any history or Social Studies teachers out there, we need to develop a network to share idea, units, and lessons that enable us to spread the message of liberty in the easiest way possible for the masses to swallow. Non-teachers need to get in PTO or PTA meetings, get your butts to back-to-school-nights, talk with your teachers, and get them educated.

In general, we need to examine the best ways to make the most significant changes to the Federal Government, State Governments, Local governments, our communities, our families, and ourselves. All are levels of government and all must be addressed. We cannot change the entire Federal government; we need to focus on the matters that are truly important.

We need to think about Libya and how this is going to affect how we combat the statists. What is their goal in Libya and how can we bring people to our side? I think I have come up with a way to bring the Neo-Cons to our side.

We need to vote with our feet and move to States that have the most chance of moving toward liberty. We need these States defined for all to see.

As someone who as thought long and hard about these issues (as I know many people here have) I will subsequently post my ideas for what we need to do and hopefully we can bounce idea off each other. Once we have a plan we can figure out who we need to contact and the best ways to push our ideas. Thanks for your time.

For Liberty,

Gumba

TheBlackPeterSchiff
03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
You sir, are hero. We need more people like you in our educational system.

pcosmar
03-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the motley crew.
Jump in where ever you fit, much of what you propose is already underway.
;)

acptulsa
03-31-2011, 11:13 AM
I would suggest you stick things up in the Education subforum. Titles won't disappear too quickly to be found later that way.

malkusm
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum!

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 11:26 AM
APPLAUSE! And welcome. This is a great place.

heavenlyboy34
03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
yep, education is critical in convincing people of the superiority of liberty. Nice work, OP. :cool:

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome aboard.

Gumba of Liberty
03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Appreciate the warm welcome. I am using my Spring Break diligently to apply for jobs across the State of VA. But I will be back later with some ideas. Til then.

Your Friend,

Gumba