PDA

View Full Version : politico: Ron Paul digs the slow start

muzzled dogg
03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Ron Paul digs the slow start
By ANDY BARR | 3/31/11 10:59 AM EDT

Ron Paul said Thursday that the slow start to the presidential campaign works to his benefit since he’s not yet ready to make a decision.

Paul said he’ll announce whether he runs or not “within a couple of months” during an interview with C-SPAN’s “Washington Journal” Thursday morning, and insisted that he and his son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), have not talked seriously about the campaign.

Asked if he and Rand had talked “face-to-face” about whether one or the other wants to run for president, the Texas congressman responded, “no, absolutely not.”

“I feel good that a lot of the other potential candidates are not going to decide for a couple more months,” he said. “That gives me little more breathing room.”

Paul also made clear that his decision will be based on whether he feels that his message will be well received. “I have often said that if my message is appropriate, I will participate,” he said.

Paul said he hopes to spend a campaign talking about “rising interest rates and the dollar crisis.

“I think we have begun to do that,” Paul said of the broader conversation on monetary policy. “If that opens an opportunity for me to talk about real solutions, I will be really tempted to do it.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52300.html#ixzz1IC2VkeEo

fisharmor
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm beginning to think he's going to declare about the same time the Republicans agree to cut spending, and the Democrats agree to bring the troops home.
Cut the foreplay, Dr. Paul.

robertwerden
03-31-2011, 10:32 AM
The idea that he is waiting to see if the situation in America is ripe for him to run is the wrong thing to say. The situation has been right since 1913 and even more so in 1971 and exponentially even more every year since 2007.
The problem is the potential candidates are all being vetted and picked apart by the media and once that has run its course and gotten old with the media, they will focus on who ever new joins the race and then the focus will be completely on the new guys.
Granted the line up of fringe candidates is huge this time around, but that still wont stop focus on Ron when he is late jumping in the pool. Remember, if everyone jumps in at the same time, you can't really tell who made the most waves.