PDA

View Full Version : Medical Cannabis Act introduced in North Carolina

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H577

No idea how far this will go, but there is just too much evidence for medical benefits in cancer, pain management, and other debilitating disease to ignore this bill. I have cosponsored it. I would have been a primary, if not the primary, but was planning on being the primary on an act like this in a second term. As a freshman, a cosponsorship on this type of bill is controversial enough lol

sirgonzo420
03-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Good for you, and North Carolina!

liberalnurse
03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
:) Thanks, Glen. I have a friend who has a congential kidney disease. He's in his 40's and has just had to start dialysis. He's a professonal with a high profile position. The only thing that makes him feel well is weed. He has everything to lose since PA doesn't have a medicinal law.

dannno
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Good stuff..

LudwigVonMisoSoup
03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
One of the more compelling arguments that seems to shake social conservatives is the following logic: we wouldn't let the government tell us what to put in our minds, why do we let it tell us what to put in our bodies? Get 'em, Gunny.

Working Poor
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
cool Gunny I am sharing this on my facebook page.

BuddyRey
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
On behalf of every Fibromyalgia sufferer in the state on North Carolina, thank you Glen Bradley! :)

Kregisen
03-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I have to admit Glen, when I first heard you were running for state office and everyone was making such a big deal, I was like "big woop" - but you've proved me 100% wrong. I've never seen a state congressman do so much, especially for just getting into office.

I'm finally starting to see how important local offices are.

squarepusher
03-31-2011, 10:54 PM
National Cancer Institute proclaims Cannabis has direct antitumor effect. (http://ricksimpsonhempoil.blogspot.com/)

Granny Storm Crow's List- (http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal-cannabis-health/161539-granny-storm-crows-list.html)

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Booyah! Good going Gunny!

-C-
04-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I can has 401k now?

Mach
04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
It's a good start, once you get the ball rolling it has to end up somewhere.

pacelli
04-01-2011, 04:36 AM
This is great. Looks like we're staying put here in NC. Thanks gunny, keep up the great work.

devil21
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Awesome Glen! Now, like everything, the key will be to rally the troops that will support this bill and get them to harrass their Reps until it passes!

Always remember to highlight the money generated for the state through taxes and licensing.

I don't understand this provision though:

[cant get mmj license]
A person who at any time has been convicted of a felony violation for manufacturing, selling, delivering, or possessing with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver, or possess a Schedule I or II controlled substance, in violation of G.S. 90‑95(b)(1). In order to ensure compliance with this subdivision, the Department shall conduct a criminal history record check of any person whose name is submitted on an application as the director or an employee of the medical cannabis center or as a producer or employee of a producer.

So anybody that has been convicted of producing or dealing marijuana can't get a license to produce it legally???? Does NC want a bunch of amateur growers pumping out crappy seeded bud? Hate to say it but some of the best growers in the world have been busted because of the sheer quantity of quality they can produce.