PDA

View Full Version : MI chasing NH, Brownback for Rudy?

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
http://www.politics1.com/index.htm

MICHIGAN TO CRASH NH'S PARTY
MICHIGAN. US Senator Carl Levin (D) vowed to The Politico he will do whatever he needs to do to ensure the Michigan contest is on the same day as the New Hampshire primary. The newspaper said Levin is trying to force New Hampshire into holding a December 2007 primary, a move which will likely end the protected first-in-the-nation status for New Hampshire and Iowa as of 2012. Levin explained that Michigan Dems are willing to hold a caucus instead of a primary to ensure it takes place on whatever date NH Secretary of State Bill Gardner select's for NH's primary.

SAM CONSIDERS RUDY ENDORSEMENT.
GIULIANI. US Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS), who quit the Presidential race last week, is considering endorsing former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani for President. Brownback confirmed to The Hill he will meet with Giuliani on Thursday to discuss various issues. "I’m going to meet with him and I’m going to talk to him and hear what he is specifically saying now because he’s changed on a number of the abortion issues ... I haven’t decided who or if and I haven’t decided when [I will endorse someone]," said Brownback. Brownback also spoke with John McCain in recent days about a possible endorsement. "I think a lot of people would be open to [the] Giuliani endorsement because they don’t want to lose to a Democrat," explained Jay Heine, who was Brownback’s Iowa Political Director. By contrast, Iowa Right to Life President Kim Lehman said she would be "stunned" if Brownback endorsed Giuliani and that it would be “hypocritical” for Brownback because of Giuliani's views views on abortion.