PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul describes himself as ‘Major Potential Presidential Candidate’

bobbyw24
03-31-2011, 04:48 AM
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul has yet to officially announce his intentions in connection with the 2012 GOP presidential contests, but a Tuesday evening missive to supporters in his home state suggests that he leaning strongly toward such a run.

Paul’s letter to supporters, obtained by reporter Patrick Brendel of our sister site The Texas Independent, notes that recent trips into the early states of Iowa, New Hampshire and North Carolina were successful.

http://iowaindependent.com/

Sola_Fide
03-31-2011, 05:00 AM
:collins:

pacelli
03-31-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll believe it when I hear Ron Paul himself speak those words on an interview. His ghostwriter has been putting words into his mouth for years.

The whole, "convince me to run" by donating to liberty pac is very un-Ron Paul.

bobbyw24
03-31-2011, 06:36 AM

I have thought the same thing for a while

Original_Intent
03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
I'll believe it when I hear Ron Paul himself speak those words on an interview. His ghostwriter has been putting words into his mouth for years.

ditto.

TomtheTinker
03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
I really think Ron Paul is setting him self up for a real run here. Everybody who says he should just come out and announce are off base to a certain degree. There is a reason no other major candidate has announced yet..if they did most people wouldn't even realize it. Personally I believe certain things in this campaign need to be done slightly "un-paul like"...just my opinion

Aratus
03-31-2011, 11:07 AM
he's ahhh limbering up his wrist before
he flings his hat into the POTUS ring?

Tax the Fed
03-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I really think Ron Paul is setting him self up for a real run here. Everybody who says he should just come out and announce are off base to a certain degree. There is a reason no other major candidate has announced yet..if they did most people wouldn't even realize it. Personally I believe certain things in this campaign need to be done slightly "un-paul like"...just my opinion

An interesting perspective/opinion . . .

But I am weary because back in 2007, Romney had announced in January and Ron Paul had announced/filed with FEC by March 14. By May for the first GOP debate held at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley there were no less than a dozen filed GOP candidates on stage, all the while with it looking as if the GOP would be the underdog in the general election anyway.

Things are different this time that I expect the GOP opposition candidate to ObamaCare to be the frontrunner in theory.

18 "potential" candidates in this straw poll . . . http://page.townhall.com/PresidentialStrawPoll/

freshjiva
03-31-2011, 12:15 PM

Agreed 100%.

Same thing goes for whoever is controlling Ron's facebook page.