PDA

View Full Version : FBI investigating claims of 160 nuclear bombs hidden by Al Qaeda throughout the US

devil21
03-31-2011, 01:43 AM
Probably bs but something to watch.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/03/30/Letters-say-atom-bombs-hidden-around-US/UPI-74151301530513/

CHICAGO, March 30 (UPI) -- The FBI says it is investigating threatening letters sharing a Chicago postmark claiming nuclear bombs are hidden around the United States.

The bureau's Chicago office is leading the investigation into the author or authors of one of 25 letters claiming the bombs are ready to destroy America, WBBM-TV, Chicago, reported.

The letter was sent to attorney Tracy Rizzo, who turned it over to the FBI.

"The Al-Qaeda organization has planted 160 nuclear bombs throughout the U.S. in schools, stadiums, churches, stores, financial institutions and government buildings. This is a suicide mission for us," said one letter with a handwritten address and a Chicago postmark.

The author, claiming to be Osama bin Laden, says the weapons can be remotely detonated.

"There are items in the letter that lead us to believe it is a hoax," said FBI Special Agent Andre Zavala. "There are several demands documented that aren't fully coherent."

Zavala said even though much of what is in the letter doesn't appear to be coherent, the FBI can't afford to let it slide in a post-Sept. 11 world.

"The FBI investigates every element. We can't take that chance," Zavala said.

Bureaus in Florida, Texas, Oregon and California also have received letters with a Chicago postmark, WBBM-TV said Tuesday.

The FBI said if convicted, the writer faces five to 10 years in prison for each letter mailed.

t0rnado
03-31-2011, 02:12 AM
People stupid enough to believe the bullshit in the Koran, written by a pedophile prophet, aren't capable of even understanding basic nuclear physics.

This is a joke.

amy31416
03-31-2011, 02:25 AM
People stupid enough to believe the bullshit in the Koran, written by a pedophile prophet, aren't capable of even understanding basic nuclear physics.

This is a joke.

Miss your meds this morning?

t0rnado
03-31-2011, 02:27 AM

Miss your birth control pills last night?

amy31416
03-31-2011, 02:28 AM

No. That was about 8 months ago.

Seriously man, you're trying to pick a fight on the internet? That's pathetic.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-31-2011, 03:13 AM
I could almost swear this was the plot line for season 2 of 24.

BamaAla
03-31-2011, 04:15 AM
No. That was about 8 months ago.

OMG; congrats :)

I certainly hope this is just a hoax, but who on Earth would find that to be funny is beyond me.

awake
03-31-2011, 04:56 AM
This is the terrorism of the home grown variety that we hear so much of from the "pundits" and "experts". It just so happens that the FBI is doing the terrorizing. Be afraid, be very afraid, it helps with the tax extraction process.

What exactly is the difference if Bin Laden makes statements like these or the people who claim to protect you? Nothing, the fear allows the Beast to grow with little resistance; the price of security can be raised.

The Soviet threat was the terror used to grow the monster in its time. Now terrorist extremists living under every ones house with a nuke is the modern day equivalent. The war industries, to sustain their gargantuan size , need the constant manufacturing of "evildoers" and outside threats.

Fire11
03-31-2011, 07:49 AM
FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

As it is, Majidi says, American intelligence picks up hundreds of reports each year of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD. When American forces invaded Afghanistan, they found that al-Qaida was working on what Majidi calls a “nascent” weapons of mass destruction effort involving chemical and biological weapons.

In every other case so far, the reports of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD have turned out to be unfounded. However, Majidi’s directorate within the FBI investigates more than a dozen cases in the U.S. each year where there was intent to use WMD.

For example, in 2008, the FBI arrested Roger Bergendorff, who was found to have ricin and anarchist literature. Ricin kills cells by inhibiting protein synthesis. Within several days, the liver, spleen, and kidneys of a person who inhales or ingests ricin stop working, resulting in death.

“The notion of probability of a WMD attack being low or high is a moot point because we know the probability is 100 percent,” Majidi says. “We’ve seen this in the past, and we will see it in the future. There is going to be an attack using chemical, biological or radiological material.”

Even a WMD attack that does not kill a great number of people would have a crushing psychological impact.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/zawahiri-weapons-mass-destruction/2011/02/14/id/386055

Fire11
03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
10News investigative reporter Mitch Blacher asked, "Do you ever find things that are dangerous like a chemical agent or a weaponized device?"

"At the airport, seaport, at our port of entry we have not this past fiscal year, but our partner agencies have found those things," said Hallor.

Customs and Border Protection officers clear 80 percent of all cargo before it enters the United States. Congress has mandated that they clear 100 percent of cargo imports by 2012. In San Diego, every cargo container is driven through a radiation detector before leaving San Diego's seaport.

"So, specifically, you're looking for the dirty bomb? You're looking for the nuclear device?" asked Blacher.

"Correct. Weapons of mass effect," Hallor said.

"You ever found one?" asked Blacher.

"Not at this location," Hallor said.

"But they have found them?" asked Blacher.

"Yes," said Hallor.

"You never found one in San Diego though?" Blacher asked.

"I would say at the port of San Diego we have not," Hallor said.

“Have you found one in San Diego?" Blacher asked.

The interview was interrupted before Hallor was able to answer the question.

Customs and Border Protection issued this statement after the interview:

http://www.10news.com/news/26814508/detail.html

ds21089
03-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Fear tactics. Fear tactics. Fear tactics. Need I say it again? Nothing to see here. Another distraction to keep our minds off Libya. If there were in fact bombs, they'd be planted by the U.S. government-controlled terrorists.

jdowns
03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
And all this at a time where the CIA said they suspect Libya will commit terrorist acts in the US. More like Al CIAda.

pcosmar
03-31-2011, 08:20 AM
This is bullshit, and releasing this "letter" is deliberate.
It gives them Carte Blanche to investigate and search any and everyone.

Correction,
100% chance of violated Rights.

:mad:

specsaregood
03-31-2011, 08:22 AM
I certainly hope this is just a hoax, but who on Earth would find that to be funny is beyond me.

It is from Chicago.... I hear Rahm has a sick sense of humor....hmmmm.

RyanRSheets
03-31-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what the relevance would have been?

belian78
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM

To be a douchenozle I assume.

amy31416
03-31-2011, 08:59 AM

To be a douchenozle I assume.

My best guess is that he was all angry and couldn't come up with an insult or even a good non-sequitur. I tried to imagine how I'd possibly be offended by that, but couldn't come up with a damn thing.

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2011, 09:11 AM
This is bullshit, and releasing this "letter" is deliberate.
It gives them Carte Blanche to investigate and search any and everyone.

Correction,
100% chance of violated Rights. :mad: ^^^ Yep... The FBI justification for more funding requests, more expansion across the US and globe, and justification to continue THEIR BUDGETS in this budget cutting environment. FBI protecting their Own... at our expense and liberties

osan
03-31-2011, 09:11 AM

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent...

And here we see one of the problems - the shifting definitions of terms. "Weapon of mass destruction" has always been something of a weasel word, but in the past it was pretty well accepted to have meant a real nuclear weapon - not dirty bombs and the sort. It may also have included bio-weapons, but as I recall going back 30 or so years, even that was uncommon. WMD meant nuke.

Today, if it kills more than one person, it ranks as a WMD. This is, of course, absurd beyond the assignment of a value. Given the current usage, if I were to eat come rank roadkill and then board the A-train into Brooklyn, my farts would qualify as weapons of mass destruction.

What is still amazing to me is how well this unbelievably transparent technique still works. People never learn.

osan
03-31-2011, 09:14 AM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/03/30/Letters-say-atom-bombs-hidden-around-US/UPI-74151301530513/

160 nuclear bombs? I suppose anything is possible, but this story lies at the ragged fringes of credibility. I am being kind there.

It seems to me that this is precisely the sort of story the authorities grab on to and ride for all it is worth. The more frightened people are, the more willing they are to lay down and spread their legs wide. Anything. Anything at all. Just keep us safe. This is pathetic beyond pathetic.

osan
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Fear tactics. Fear tactics. Fear tactics. Need I say it again? Nothing to see here. Another distraction to keep our minds off Libya. If there were in fact bombs, they'd be planted by the U.S. government-controlled terrorists.

Agreed, but bear in mind that there are teeth behind this. If the people in a given population catch on, the tactics are stepped up to the next level where real bombs go off killing real people. That tends to have a most predictable effect on dissent.

These people, whoever they are, be playing hardball and are not screwing around. They would kill us by the tens of millions if it turned out to be necessary in their eyes. That they do not do it is, IMO, an indication of their recognition of the inherent and dire risks that such action courts, particularly when the population in question remains sufficiently vital to present a credible threat.

But if perchance the population in question were to be slowly sapped of their vitality to the point where there no longer remains a credible defensive threat - economically reduced, morally reduced, motivationally reduced, materially reduced, and even physically reduced - then those who would have their way become far more free to act with impunity. Sound like anything familiar?

osan
03-31-2011, 09:32 AM

This is a joke.

Now there's a fatal error in thinking from which we all may learn.

Have you ever read Quran? It is no more bullshit than the Judeochristian bible. Probably no less, too.

If you think a person is not mentally competent by virtue of their subscription to Islam, then you are not thinking reasonably at all. Iran, for example, is full of Muslims who comprehend nuclear physics plenty good.

I say this not only to you, but to everyone including myself: gotta have your head OUT of your asshole in order to be able to see what is going on in the real world. Emotionalism such as what you display will be the deaths of us all. We need to square our shit away, batten down our hatches and get our asses and our heads wired up together most righteously. The real threats out there are no-holds-barred affairs. If you want to end up more the slave than you are now, just keep on thinking this way. Otherwise, cut the shit, grow the fuck up, and learn what is real, what is important, and what all else that is bullshit.

Either you are in this for real or for kicks. Doesn't matter to me either way, but it should matter to you. Just my opinion, of course.

Fire11
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
160 nuclear bombs?
They must be small nuclear bombs with damage range of 300 meters or so. Also 160 is too high.

Pericles
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
160 nuclear bombs? I suppose anything is possible, but this story lies at the ragged fringes of credibility. I am being kind there.

It seems to me that this is precisely the sort of story the authorities grab on to and ride for all it is worth. The more frightened people are, the more willing they are to lay down and spread their legs wide. Anything. Anything at all. Just keep us safe. This is pathetic beyond pathetic.

There are only 3 sources for 160 nuclear bombs, Russia, PRC, and the USA. Not even the Brits or French have that many.

Fire11
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
There are only 3 sources for 160 nuclear bombs, Russia, PRC, and the USA.
and Hollywood movies.

specsaregood
03-31-2011, 10:05 AM
There are only 3 sources for 160 nuclear bombs, Russia, PRC, and the USA. Not even the Brits or French have that many.

I thought it was estimated that Israel had around 250. just saying

jmdrake
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
My best guess is that he was all angry and couldn't come up with an insult or even a good non-sequitur. I tried to imagine how I'd possibly be offended by that, but couldn't come up with a damn thing.

lolz!

jmdrake
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM

This is a joke.

You realize that the term "algebra" was coined by the Arabs right? Do you think nuclear physics would have ever been worked out without it? And of course Pakistan (a Muslim country) has nuclear weapons.

Stupid arguments aside, if Al Qaeda really had nukes in the U.S. they would announce that by setting one off.....unless their NWO handlers didn't want them to do that.

doodle
03-31-2011, 10:24 AM

lol economy is tight.

Pericles
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Best guess is divide that number by 3 or 4.

RyanRSheets
03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
- They hate us for our freedoms.
- We have enough freedom that it is possible to hide 160 nuclear bombs.
- They're willing to lay down their lives to kill us.
- They have 160 nuclear bombs hidden around the country.
- An idiot could kill a huge chunk of people with 160 nuclear bombs.
- They're smart enough to smuggle 160 nuclear bombs.

I feel like this all makes perfect sense.

Aratus
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM

in the 1970s and 1980s "carlos the jackal" was said to have
ended up with 100 post-1965 tech soviet "suitcase" nukes...

someone thinks Al-Qaeda got the nukes and then elongated the
radioactive materials into 60 more semi-crude post-1944 tech devices?

Aratus
03-31-2011, 12:11 PM
most curious is the 250 verses 125 verses 50 or 100 inventory debate thusly
about ONE of the SPY services that was competantly traipsing around after
the legendary egotistical self~styled "JACKAL" who was a "DAY OF THE..." fan!
http://cns.miis.edu/stories/020923.htm http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=16250

Zippyjuan
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah- right. Iran can't get enough materials to make one bomb yet somebody claiming to be Osama says they have enough technology and materials to make 160 of them and smuggle them all into the US?

Freedom 4 all
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
That one is pants on head retarded. The TSA won't let a pair of toenail clippers into the country, they are a bunch of incompetent jackasses of course, but I doubt they'd let 160 nukes slide. The threat was probably mailed in by some douchebag fan of 24 who was pissed about the show being cancelled. Or it was straight up made up by the government to remind Americans how much we "need" them.

AZKing
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Does anyone think a hoax like that is really funny?

I remember in school there was bomb threats on the regular basis. It got so tiring. It really isn't a funny joke, at all.

TNforPaul45
03-31-2011, 01:39 PM
I heard that there was a fleet of Al Qaeda Starships headed here from Wolf 359 to Assimilate the Earth and add our biological and technological distinctiveness to their own.

I think Janet Napolitano told me that.

ds21089
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Will we hear tomorrow "APRIL FOOLS" >.>

LibertyRevolution
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
They have been handing Mexicans $20 bills to carry suitcases over the border and then dropping them in that park in AZ that the government said they lost control of, to be retrieved later by drug cartel people using those guns sold to them by the us government?

LibertyRevolution
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM
I honestly cant see the reason to try and pull off a nuke attack on the U.S.
Our response would be to turn the middle east and north africa into glass.

A smart terrorist would just infect themselves with a deadly airborne pathogen and get on a plane to NYC.
Just hang out for 2 days at the airport, then go wander around grand central for a few days.
By the time we knew what happened, infected people be all over the country.

Freedom 4 all
04-02-2011, 12:16 AM
bump for reminder that the U.S. hasn't been nuked into a small radioactive griy and retarded fearmongering claim was retarded fearmongering.

tangent4ronpaul
04-02-2011, 12:33 AM

Low estimate.

The KGB, durring the cold war did smuggle in and cache a SMALL number of tactical nukes (suitcase ones), they have a shelf life. The problem is that they booby trapped their caches, so the issue is not a nuke explosion, but rather a dirty bomb now - if one is discovered.

Zippyjuan
04-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Two problems with stashing suitcase nukes. One is that they have a very small- minimal- amount of fissable material. This does not take long before it degrades into too small of an amount to reach critical mass and become a nuclear explosion. Second problem was that the fuses used batteries which don't last that long either so they were abandoned in the 1960's- deemed not worth the cost and effort of maintaining them.

LibertyEagle
04-02-2011, 02:04 AM
This is the terrorism of the home grown variety that we hear so much of from the "pundits" and "experts". It just so happens that the FBI is doing the terrorizing. Be afraid, be very afraid, it helps with the tax extraction process.

What exactly is the difference if Bin Laden makes statements like these or the people who claim to protect you? Nothing, the fear allows the Beast to grow with little resistance; the price of security can be raised.

The Soviet threat was the terror used to grow the monster in its time. Now terrorist extremists living under every ones house with a nuke is the modern day equivalent. The war industries, to sustain their gargantuan size , need the constant manufacturing of "evildoers" and outside threats.

Yes, that is probably what this is and you're right that this is done quite a lot to convince people to give up liberty for perceived security. BUT, that does not mean that there are NO outside threats and I'm sorry, I don't agree with you that the Soviet threat was one that was just dreamed up. Given that one could watch their actions; not just their talk.

tangent4ronpaul
04-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Yes, that is probably what this is and you're right that this is done quite a lot to convince people to give up liberty for perceived security. BUT, that does not mean that there are NO outside threats and I'm sorry, I don't agree with you that the Soviet threat was one that was just dreamed up. Given that one could watch their actions; not just their talk.

agree

LibForestPaul
04-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Terrorism? Sounds more like McNamara is back. Guess we don't have a JFK to say this is a bad idea.

devil21
05-02-2011, 02:32 AM
timely little BUMP

iGGz
05-02-2011, 03:10 AM

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/zawahiri-weapons-mass-destruction/2011/02/14/id/386055

lol that is a tad bit disconcerting...

I have a feeling blowback on this one is going to be a bitch. We need to get the hell out of these wars, I'm so sick of our government.

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 03:29 AM
I've seen articles where the gvmt called a pipe bomb left in a public place a "weapon of mass destruction". Note that other article where the coast guard guy called something serious a "weapon of mass effect". Same old BS. Re-define terms or what is reported and you change everything. Kind of like leaving food and fuel prices out of economic statistics.

Noob
05-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Al-Qaeda terrorists have threatened to unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" on the West if their leader and world's most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden is nabbed.

A senior al-Qaeda commander has claimed that the terror group has stashed away a nuclear bomb in Europe which will be detonated if bin Laden is ever caught or assassinated, according to new top secret files made public by internet whistleblower WikiLeaks.

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_nuclear-hellstorm-if-osama-bin-laden-is-caught-or-killed-al-qaeda_1535969