PDA

View Full Version : Ron called it... "Wal-Mart CEO Bill Simon expects inflation"

svobody
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
"U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

Here we go...

Matt Collins
03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Wal Mart has creeped up their prices recently. They are no longer the cheapest on the block.

trey4sports
03-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Wal Mart has creeped up their prices recently. They are no longer the cheapest on the block.

Yeah, I just read an article that a major consumer group did their yearly test and Target actually came out cheaper than WM

RSLudlum
03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Last week, Bob Wenzel posted an article from Financial Times on Li & Fung, one of Walmart's big suppliers, saying that higher prices are here to stay.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/03/prepare-for-inflation-era-of-cheap.html

The era of cheap goods from China is coming to an end, one of the biggest suppliers of Chinese goods to western retailers warned on today, according to FT.

Li & Fung, which supplies products for companies like Walmart and Gap in the US and Debenhams in the UK, said “a new era in sourcing with higher prices” has begun as manufacturers pass on the rising costs of raw materials and Chinese labour to customers.

newbitech
03-30-2011, 10:35 PM
"U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

Here we go...

welcome! So tell me, is seeing Ron Paul validated (once again) by a headline line this from a large publicly held company something that validated Dr. Paul in your eyes? Or have you been following along for a while now and decided this would be a good first post?

Good first post by the way. I am just curious what brought you here etc etc..

TheNcredibleEgg
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is? I just purchased this 46" RCA LCD from the electronics department for $549.00. With quality adjustments, the prices of televisions have dropped 50%. So even with 25% increases on pesky items such as food and clothing, just head to the electronics department after you finish grocery shopping, and you will see all is well.

Your public servant,

Ben Bernanke.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Meh, Wal Marx will just find another prison society to produce their shit, and keep dollar devaluation (inflation) in check for another 20 or 30 years.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh, and welcome, to the OP new member.

Agreed, good first post.

svobody
03-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm 22 and was on board in '08, but not active - too busy with other stuff to really get involved. I think 2012 is going to be a great chance for us to make a big push so I am planning on devoting a lot of my time this summer (as I will be graduated and unemployed) to getting the word out.

DXDoug
03-31-2011, 01:54 AM
prices already have been going up for years just look at a 20oz coke!

Everything is gonna be six flags prices before you know it.

BarryDonegan
03-31-2011, 01:56 AM
I got an extremely good price on a desk chair at Target today. It was about half the price of those I found online.

Michigan11
03-31-2011, 02:35 AM
Isn't WalMart's prices going up because the Chineese are raising their wages and consumption a bit, like Peter Schiff said?

I read wages their are rising on average 10-15% again.. maybe Africa is our last refuge for cheap products next?

Icymudpuppy
03-31-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm 22 and was on board in '08, but not active - too busy with other stuff to really get involved. I think 2012 is going to be a great chance for us to make a big push so I am planning on devoting a lot of my time this summer (as I will be graduated and unemployed) to getting the word out.

Are you a fellow Veggie Oil burner? SVO is often abbreviation for Straight Vegetable Oil as opposed to Biodiesel...

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Are you a fellow Veggie Oil burner? SVO is often abbreviation for Straight Vegetable Oil as opposed to Biodiesel...

LoL - I was thinking he was refering to this:

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/07/medium_2010-Mustang-SVO.jpg

svobody
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
actually, it's a czech word - roughly translated ''freedom'' or liberty

Romulus
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
LoL - I was thinking he was refering to this:

Ha.. same here.