PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz Gets Pounded Into The Ground On Libya By Jeremy Scahill

Immortal Technique
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDZ2AogetA

Airing Date March.30, 2011

Ed Schultz Gets Pounded Into The Ground On Libya By Jeremy Scahill

Qdog
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
That was amazing. I think we just found Ron Paul's running mate.

HOLLYWOOD
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I see smoke billowing out of 30 Rockefeller Center...

Shows you the Fascist Corporate Main Stream Media and their hacks like Ed Schultz are puppets for the state.

Another PROPAGANDA show

LudwigVonMisoSoup
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Ed: Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

Taken to the woodshed in this one. Total shill for the Obama administration. Have some principles, Ed.

goldencane
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Partisan politics are great, aren't they?

freshjiva
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
The hypocrisy is nauseating. If there isn't a better demonstration of the Left/Right illusion, I don't know what is.

Fuck both parties and these partisan opportunists. Ed Schultz is a hypocrite, just like most of the people on the Right.

Jesus Christ, we need to implode this government. I think I'm growing more and more anarchist each and every day, seeing this utter nonsense.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!!!

Now I want to see it and my goddamn connection is so slow it will take a month.

Then again, maybe it's better I don't watch.

The hypocrisy is nauseating. If there isn't a better demonstration of the Left/Right illusion, I don't know what is.

Fuck both parties and these partisan opportunists. Ed Schultz is a hypocrite, just like most of the people on the Right.

Jesus Christ, we need to implode this government. I think I'm growing more and more anarchist each and every day, seeing this utter nonsense.

TheNcredibleEgg
03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
What a savvy, forward thinking MsNBC exec ought to done during that interview:

Swap the boxes of the two - and quickly edit the graphic from "the ED show" to "the JEREMY show."

POOF - ratings would have soared for the timeslot.

Ed could then look up at the screen at the end and see the change. The look would be priceless.

JoshLowry
03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
"We gotta go to the UN!"

- Ed Schultz

So much for our and Libya's sovereignty.

aGameOfThrones
03-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!!!

You need to watch it!

dbill27
03-30-2011, 09:51 PM
"This isn't bush talk, this is totally different." Pricelessly hilarious. This guys fan base must be pretty dumb even for liberals. Has anyone ever seen the text polls he takes? Usually something along the lines of: Do Republicans want Obama to get re-elected? 98% say no 2% say yes.

freshjiva
03-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!!!

It's probably nothing you didn't already know. :)

I guess it just hit me harder than usual that almost everyone is braindead because of this Left/Right paradigm.
It's becoming more and more apparent to me that this illusion is nothing but a system of control to keep the masses caught in a cyclical pattern of criticizing the other side when in fact there is no "other" side.

HOLLYWOOD
03-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!!!

Man AF, you're missing it... I just watched it again... even better the 2nd time ;)

Cowlesy
03-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Hoooooly shit. It's like the media has traded sides.

I mean this stuff is pure comedy gold to me.

Can you imagine what Ed Schultz would be saying if Bush did Libya like this???

lololol

Absolutely comedic gold.

bunklocoempire
03-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks much for posting this.

Gold indeed.

It's amazing.

And the difference?

Bush's mantra: "Don't wanna do it but they gonna kill us, the good ones need freedom led by the U.S. to keep us safe"

Obama's mantra: "Don't wanna do it but they gonna get killed by the one who has to go, the good ones need freedom led by the U.N. to stabilize the region."

WTF Ed!?

Come on!

Tear Jeremy a new one Ed! He's emboldening the enemy!

He ain't supporting the troops OR backing the President. How un-patriotic and dangerous!

Thought I was watching Fox there for a second...:rolleyes::mad:

Bunkloco

Anti Federalist
03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow, talk about partisan douchebaggery.

He could have been Shamity circa 2003 defending Bush invading Iraq.

And when the fuck, precisely, did we become the enforcement arm of the UN?

Oh yeah...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?285539-The-Anti-Federalists-right-again.

BenIsForRon
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Scahill is the man.

BuddyRey
03-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I used to listen to Ed Schultz all the time back when he was on Sirius radio. If you had told me back then (circa 2006 or so) that he would sell out and become a pro-war neocon-sympathizer, I never would have believed it. Even three years after it became "cool" to support whatever misguided military clusterf***s the President embarks upon, I still feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Cowlesy
03-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Today's news has President Obama, Marco Rubio, Bill Kristol and Ed Schultz all on the same side. What a lovely team.

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Today's news has President Obama, Marco Rubio, Bill Kristol and Ed Schultz all on the same side. What a lovely team.

So...do I laugh, cry, barf or what here?

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 12:05 AM
I used to listen to Ed Schultz all the time back when he was on Sirius radio. If you had told me back then (circa 2006 or so) that he would sell out and become a pro-war neocon-sympathizer, I never would have believed it. Even three years after it became "cool" to support whatever misguided military clusterf***s the President embarks upon, I still feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Amazing isn't it?

And that is precisely why myself and others constantly wheedle and pester and holler about people in media like Beck for instance.

Most of these media talking heads are just puppets, parroting the party line as needed and can do a policy 180 in 2.5 seconds.

zade
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Great video! Ed is just a caricature of a partisan hack

LibertyEagle
03-31-2011, 01:05 AM
OMG, I loved that. Put a smile on my face. :)

AtomiC
03-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Whoever yells the loudest wins! lol

Jandrsn21
03-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Jeremy is trying to make another awesome point and Ed, is like wait wait wait he's not your president, wait wait he's not your president! Of course he is dumb f@#$, quit trying to change the subject and take your beatdown like a man! Wow I don't know who that guy is, but he tore him a new one!

but but but the UN, but but but the freedom fighters, but but but...... Oh I give up! hahahaha squirm!

CUnknown
03-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Ed's job is to convince liberals to support the policies of the government. It's so clear after watching the clip that that's all he's doing. He's a propagandist.

Scahill, on the other hand, is the f-ing man. He's a real journalist. He has more journalism in his little pinkie than Ed has in his whole body.

Chuck P
03-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Kudos to this Scahill. I had never been aware of this fellow before, but he was spot-on. I have good friends who are liberal, yet I am truly amazed on how some of them react to this latest misadventure of the Obama administration with either support or tacit approval, after having criticized (and rightly so) the Bush administration for its actions. As if committing acts of war is justifiable just because one is part of the "other" party. Schultz is stating all the same crap that we were given when Bush wanted to go to war, yet many liberals somehow justify it just because a Democrat is doing it now. Are we really that blinkered by our political philosophies to ignore blatant crime? And they came marching in under the banner of "Hope and Change".

acptulsa
03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
And when the fuck, precisely, did we become the enforcement arm of the UN?

Along about 1950, when the U.N. was three or so years of age.

MRoCkEd
03-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Jeremy Scahill is a great foreign policy analyst.

eduardo89
03-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Reading all these comments makes we want to watch it so bad! Too bad I've exceeding my 1gb full speed limit on my iPhone and I'm stuck with a slooooooow connection till I get home!

Mike4Freedom
03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Jeremy Scahill wrote a book called Blackwater. It is a pretty good book, I read it a few years ago. He definately is a smart man.

AdamT
03-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Goddamn get this ass clown off the air. Unbearable.

specsaregood
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
but but but the UN, but but but the freedom fighters, but but but...... Oh I give up! hahahaha squirm!

It was worse, it wasn't even "Oh I give up!" it was, "I support the president"
If it had gone on much longer Ed would have been reduced to chanting "USA, USA, USA".

classic clip, saving locally for posterity.

Tal
03-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah right mister Ed Schultz, you support ''live free or die'' but you also support taking away the economic freedom of the american people in order to give money to the military so that they can fix whatever problem you think exists elsewhere in the world, I guess when he says ''live free or die'' it only applies to non-americans.

kpfareal
03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Great clip. I would like to see Scahill on a show like "Freedom Watch" so that he can expound on his views without being interrupted and yelled at.

roho76
03-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Somebody should make a video of Ed and Rush and the comparisons. It's getting hard to tell the difference.

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Great clip. I would like to see Scahill on a show like "Freedom Watch" so that he can expound on his views without being interrupted and yelled at. There are many ways to contact Judge Napolitano and I suggest all contact him... I usually always forward good reports to the Judge, but the more the merrier.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Judgenap
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano
Show Page: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/freedom-watch/index.html
Email: Freedomwatch@foxbusiness.com
Judge's LIVE CHAT during his show: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/freedom-watch/live-event/freedom-watchers

Jandrsn21
03-31-2011, 08:34 AM
It was worse, it wasn't even "Oh I give up!" it was, "I support the president"
If it had gone on much longer Ed would have been reduced to chanting "USA, USA, USA".

classic clip, saving locally for posterity.

Agreed! We need a word to describe these people, neocons, neoliberals don't do it justice anymore. Also they have now officially merged into a ???? Hack, sellout, globalist, fraud, phony, ......?

I Don't Vote
03-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Does Ed even know who the rebels are?

I don't and quite frankly I don't care. Those in the muslim world living in Africa and the Middle East have been third-world-uncivilized for the longest time. If they want to be successful and prosperous, they are going to have to make that change THEMSELVES. There is nothing we can do to change that.

And I don't think the rebels are freedom fighters. They're fighting for power and control, not for freedom. You can be sure of that.

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
AMAZING!! and disgusting, and saddening, and heartening, all at once.

Ed sounding exactly like all the Bush-ites. "This is totally different from Iraq" HAHAHA!! Who do you think you're kidding? What is it about sticking our collective noses where it doesn't belong don't you get? What is it about no Congressional approval nor constitutional authority don't you get? What is it about UN=NATO=USA don't you get? What is it about "Obama's gone back on his foreign policy stances before, but oh, this time is different" don't you get?

Oh, and THE US MILITARY WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A TOOL FOR REVENGE-SEEKING-BLOODLUST.

Wow, the full-court press is on when "both sides", are all singing the same song, using Iraqi Freedom talkiing points wrapped in a UN wrapper. Whereas I used to think "hmm, both sides agree with this, it must be ok somehow", now I know instead something very very wrong is going on and everybody's covering everybody's asses. I wonder where Olbermann is coming down on all this.

Mr. Jeremy Scahill, major respect on this one. I wasn't aware of this guy before, but I'm gonna be from now on. That, and our, esp. my, ability to finally see through all this is the heartening part. :)

Chester Copperpot
03-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Jeremy Scahill is now going to be joining Richard Ney as the only other guy ever banned from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. HAH!

acptulsa
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
And I don't think the rebels are freedom fighters. They're fighting for power and control, not for freedom. You can be sure of that.

Of course we can be sure of that. The U.S. doesn't support freedom fighters. The U.S. sticks its sticky fingers up the butts of puppets.

osan
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Ed Schultz Gets Pounded Into The Ground On Libya By Jeremy Scahill

"...no doubt, gotta run..."

I'd call Schultz a pimp, but it would be unjust to elevate him to such a lofty level compared with his proper station in the scheme of things.

Scahill spanked him good. Some of the best of it came around the end where Schultz has that pained expression on his face.

All I can offer here is the recommendation to all that you unplug your TVs and forget about all that noise. It helps you not.

osan
03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
"We gotta go to the UN!"

- Ed Schultz

So much for our and Libya's sovereignty.

Yeah, priceless, eh?

The tacit bit here is the presupposition that the UN is in fact the arbiter of that to which we should or should not respond. Who the hell died and left them in charge? I don't give a shit what the UN says.

osan
03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

Don't be a douche. Watch it. Trust me, it's worth the time. Use a cell phone if you must. That's how I watched it.

osan
03-31-2011, 10:00 AM

Some may call this "odd bedfellows". I don't see it as such at all. Makes perfect sense when you dispense with the bullshit and get down to pure brass tacks. "Whatever it takes" is the basis of pure pragmatism. The'd spread their cheeks for Bush if they thought it would get them what they want.

AGRP
03-31-2011, 10:02 AM
"I am a Liberal, I am a Progressive..."

Now THAT is a giant red flag of a statement. In other words: I am YOU. YOU are ME.

YOU ARE PROPAGANDA FOR THE STATE.

osan
03-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Most of these media talking heads are just puppets, parroting the party line as needed and can do a policy 180 in 2.5 seconds.

The new chips have reduced the u-turn transaction time into the nano-seconds. Gotta keep up with the technology.

SamuraisWisdom
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Ed Schultz is the new Bill O'Reilly. In fact, I think you could find old O'Reilly interviews leading up to the Iraq War that match that one almost word for word.

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Of course we can be sure of that. The U.S. doesn't support freedom fighters. The U.S. sticks its sticky fingers up the butts of puppets.
You don't hear anything about the militas in Libya... they're the civilians that support the Qaddafi/Libyan government, and their sovereign nation. You don't hear much about that, and every town the government troops get close the Libyan civilian population are attacking the rebels.

One way to unite the people, just hear that your nation has been invaded with foreign imperial terrorist agents and the invaders are bombing the hell out of your nation. The Fascist neo-whack jobs outta Washington DC just don't care. The Propaganda Machine will denied everything and spew their garbage right to the very end through their public relations firms of US/UK corporate media.

Ron Paul posted via Twitter that the House Foreign relations committee was holding their hearing with Admiral Mullen and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. C-SPAN put it on C-SPAN3, while on C-SPAN (one) they broadcasted a repeat of Washington Journal. :rolleyes:

One of the Republican representative exposed the time correlation of when did the US authorized military forces to Libya and Congress' session timeline. Besides admitting none of them EVER holding a briefing/consultation/approval from Congress/House of Representatives... Obama, Hillary Clinton, Admiral Mullen, and Secretary Gates were exposed of approving and conducting operational military and federal forces to bombing and covert invasion orders/directives while CONGRESS was STILL IN SESSION.

They all LIED/COVERED-UP... The "TIME TAGGED" classified Telex/messaging operations directives to attack/invade with US agents/Military will confirm their UNCONSTITUTIONAL and Perjury actions.

Not surprising another day with the Imperial Regime.

Romulus
03-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Obama/Kristol 2012
Bring the troops home

acptulsa
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Obama/Kristol 2012
Bring the troops home...

...in boxes.

puppetmaster
03-31-2011, 11:59 AM
just had to watch this again.......ahh good with coffee

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
The new chips have reduced the u-turn transaction time into the nano-seconds. Gotta keep up with the technology.

L:collins:L

...in boxes.

L:collins:L L:collins:L L:collins:L

libertyjam
03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Ed Schmuck the Schulz

ravedown
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
bump- because its that good. schultzy had to realize at some point how ridiculous he sounded.

Jeremy
03-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Ed sounded mad when he said the word "country". "coun-TRY"

puppetmaster
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM
funny thing here also.....watch his eyes, all his tells--he knows he is lying. He does not even believe his own BS

Watch this POS Hunter lie also.....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4618420/response-to-libya-hearing-in-congress

outspoken
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
It is completely assinine and hypocritical to profess to be for 'freedom fighters' in foreign lands and then be a staunch supporter and worshiper of the Almighty State over the rights of individuals in the motherland. I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or reach through the youtube and slap Ed. I believe that truly enlightened and conscious solutions are found ultimately through non-violence but when you hear and see this kind of rhetoric one has to wonder if this debate of mankind's ability to govern himself will come to blows.

McBell
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
I really don't think Schultz understands how discussions work. If you're just going to keep saying "That's all well and good, but I disagree" and not provide any arguments, you may as well not talk at all.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhti7t8bxS1qhhat5o1_400.jpg

Theocrat
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Scahill brought up a great point about the civil unrest and death tolls in other Arab nations like Bahrain and Yemen. How come Obama isn't going to war with those countries, too? Doesn't he care about the slaughter of innocent civilians in those places?

Liberty_Mike
03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
I had a top rated comment on the video for a good part of the day. Hopefully some liberals voted it up along with Libertarians. I hope true liberals think Schultz is a fraud!

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Scahill brought up a great point about the civil unrest and death tolls in other Arab nations like Bahrain and Yemen. How come Obama isn't going to war with those countries, too? Doesn't he care about the slaughter of innocent civilians in those places?

Be careful. Dick Durbin, in his reply to Rand Paul on the Senate floor regarding Obama's going into Lybia without Congressional approval, said that looking back he wished we had gone into Rwanda to stop that slaughter and that we wouldn't make that mistake with Libya.

SimpleName
03-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Strange. I am 100% certain Saddam killed more than a handful of US soldiers over the years. By Ed's logic here, Iraq is a perfectly just war as well, despite explicitly saying it was a different ordeal. All a nation has to do is kill a few soldiers of ours and that makes it ok to go to war. On top of that, the reasoning given for going to war in Iraq was that they were attempting to build nuclear weapons that would put us in imminent danger and could very well take out hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans. Saddam was not only oppressing his people as Qaddafi was/is doing, he was also threatening the US and other nations with nuclear war (or so the govt line went) and had been antagonizing other countries (including the US) for years. Gee. Who should we be more worried about?

Anti Federalist
03-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Shut up! Shut Up!! SHUT UP!!!

Iraq was wrong, Bush lied people died!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAyCdfOXvec

Strange. I am 100% certain Saddam killed more than a handful of US soldiers over the years. By Ed's logic here, Iraq is a perfectly just war as well, despite explicitly saying it was a different ordeal. All a nation has to do is kill a few soldiers of ours and that makes it ok to go to war. On top of that, the reasoning given for going to war in Iraq was that they were attempting to build nuclear weapons that would put us in imminent danger and could very well take out hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans. Saddam was not only oppressing his people as Qaddafi was/is doing, he was also threatening the US and other nations with nuclear war (or so the govt line went) and had been antagonizing other countries (including the US) for years. Gee. Who should we be more worried about?

Eric21ND
04-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Agreed! We need a word to describe these people, neocons, neoliberals don't do it justice anymore. Also they have now officially merged into a ???? Hack, sellout, globalist, fraud, phony, ......?
I call them liberal interventionists. It really scrambles a neocons brain when you call them that and show them why this is a utopian liberal pipe dream.

vita3
04-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Getting Jeremy Scahill & other well researched anti-war folks on the team, is how Ron Paul can WIN in 2012.

acptulsa
04-01-2011, 06:36 AM

Sure. But for strategic reasons we're not going in until the CIA finishes the charters of their new central banks.

I call them liberal interventionists. It really scrambles a neocons brain when you call them that and show them why this is a utopian liberal pipe dream.

And don't forget to show the liberals that this type of arrogance and the arrogance of totalitarianism in the name of humanity at home is all very, very closely related in function, modus operandi and net effect. Totalitarianism is totalitarianism, and now is the time to completely strip the stuff of camoflauge.

Getting Jeremy Scahill & other well researched anti-war folks on the team, is how Ron Paul can WIN in 2012.

And there were people during the primary saying lay off the antiwar stuff, it's going to lose us the primary. As if warmongering, or anything else, could have won us this primary.

Democrats are changing their registrations so they can vote in Republican primaries. Pissing the neocons off last time is going to win us this Republican primary, people. It's going to win it for us or the nation is doomed, so if you love your country, get busy.

osan
04-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I really don't think Schultz understands how discussions work. If you're just going to keep saying "That's all well and good, but I disagree" and not provide any arguments, you may as well not talk at all.

Yes, of course. The truly disturbing aspect of this is that most people do not appear to understand this tidbit.

At all.

eduardo89
04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Ed Schultz is such a stupid douchebag. I really commend Jeremy Scahill on keeping a cool head, I dont think I'd be able to argue with this idiot.

"My President Obama?! Is he not your president too?!"...What an idiot.