PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will be on C-SPAN's Washington Journal Thursday morning @ 7:45 am ET

jct74
03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Ron Paul's twitter:

Scheduled to be on CSPAN's Washington Journal tomorrow at 7:45am ET to talk budget issues. I'll be taking viewer questions.

http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/status/53132680975491072

jct74
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
bump

BuddyRey
03-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Didn't Ron Paul first announce on Washington Journal back in '07?

Eric21ND
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Awesome! Wish he'd go on here more. :)

CaseyJones
03-31-2011, 06:00 AM
watching now he is doing great

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Ron is tearing it up big time. That first caller he had was a total moron.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Ron was just asked about Libya and he hit a giant home run... I hope someone gets a tube of this because his rant on Libya was phenomenal.

BuddyRey
03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah, please tell me someone's tubing this! No CSPAN in the land that cable forgot. :(

cswake
03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
The show will be archived here:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/298768-4

ds21089
03-31-2011, 06:22 AM
"I'm a Democrat and I'd vote for you"
"I'm an Independent and I'd vote for you"

THIS IS AWESOME TO HEAR ON CSPAN!!

It gives me hope because 2 of those people were from MD, and MD is a HIGHLY Democratic state.

If we can get this tube'd and get a lot of views, maybe people from all sides of the political spectrum will realize they aren't alone in thinking Ron Paul is our only hope and they'll jump ship even quicker.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Ron just said he was very close to forming an exploratory committee not long ago but backed off of it. Goes on to say that he has time and if he feels like he has a good opportunity to push his message than he will be really tempted to run. He also said that for practical reasons he will decide in the next couple of months.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-31-2011, 06:24 AM
Ron is getting lots of love on the phone lines from all sides.

yatez112
03-31-2011, 06:34 AM
I thought Dr. Paul kicked ass this morning! Gives him so much more time than other interviews. And the majority of the callers agreed!

georgiaboy
03-31-2011, 06:54 AM
great to hear about this interview, can't wait to watch the replay. people are catchin' on, because the Ron's predictions are coming true all around them. The momentum is there.

In addition to C-Span's video archive, Washington Journal is frequently replayed on C-Span later in the day.

PermanentSleep
03-31-2011, 08:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJ8V17rziE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlzp8O1ew7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N04AmrsXmrE

jct74
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
thanks Permanent Sleep, here's the last youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ns2sIoskSA

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
It was a good 30 half hour plus by RP. That charlatan rep. Xavier Beccerra followed for the DEMS... that guy brought charts that were such BS.

PermanentSleep
03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
thanks Permanent Sleep, here's the last youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ns2sIoskSA

Sweet, thanks!

tangent4ronpaul
03-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Bump

Dave Aiello
04-01-2011, 12:50 AM
"I was considering forming an exploratory comittee a few months back, but I backed out"

!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Dave Aiello
04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
---- duplicate post ----

Eric21ND
04-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Awesome!

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Another good one...

I think the housing bubble is tough to understand.

I like:

Look at WIC. Low income mothers get food for themselves and their babies. That's wonderful! I would never dream of attacking that or starting off with a drastic cut in that funding, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the militarism and empire and policing the globe which costs trillions of dollars and far too many lives.

Or:

Look at WIC. Low income mothers get food for themselves and their babies. That's wonderful! But ultimately it isn't the fairest way to solve the problem, for several reasons.

First, when the people can't be taxed enough to pay for it anymore, the money will be printed out of thin air to cover the shortfall. This inflation is what is causing the collapse of the dollar, and causing our purchasing power to go down. Ultimately this hurts the very people the program tries to help - low income families.

Second, bureaucrats and corporatist special interests bargain over what products people can spend the coupons on - you have a few companies who lobby to get food items included in the program, and all the rest are left out of the loop. Inevitably the debate among bureaucrats as to how the program will be implemented moves from 'what products are healthy for babies' to 'what corporations will get a piece of the pie.'

endwellmom4RON
04-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Another good one...

I think the housing bubble is tough to understand.

I like:

Look at WIC. Low income mothers get food for themselves and their babies. That's wonderful! I would never dream of attacking that or starting off with a drastic cut in that funding, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the militarism and empire and policing the globe which costs trillions of dollars and far too many lives.

Or:

Look at WIC. Low income mothers get food for themselves and their babies. That's wonderful! But ultimately it isn't the fairest way to solve the problem, for several reasons.

First, when the people can't be taxed enough to pay for it anymore, the money will be printed out of thin air to cover the shortfall. This inflation is what is causing the collapse of the dollar, and causing our purchasing power to go down. Ultimately this hurts the very people the program tries to help - low income families.

Second, bureaucrats and corporatist special interests bargain over what products people can spend the coupons on - you have a few companies who lobby to get food items included in the program, and all the rest are left out of the loop. Inevitably the debate among bureaucrats as to how the program will be implemented moves from 'what products are healthy for babies' to 'what corporations will get a piece of the pie.'

Third, WIC artificially raises the demand for formula and other food products which results in raising the prices for everyone else who has to actually pay $. Did you know a can of formula costs around $25? I can only afford generic formula for $12. I always get upset when I see people with their WIC checks grabbing 3 or 4 cans of $25 formula and realize that I'm paying for their babies to have the good stuff while I can only afford the cheap stuff for my baby.

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Third, WIC artificially raises the demand for formula and other food products which results in raising the prices for everyone else who has to actually pay $. Did you know a can of formula costs around $25? I can only afford generic formula for $12. I always get upset when I see people with their WIC checks grabbing 3 or 4 cans of $25 formula and realize that I'm paying for their babies to have the good stuff while I can only afford the cheap stuff for my baby.

The artificial changes amount to a market distortion. I imagine they are predictable, at least somewhat, and could then be called a market manipulation. But I believe being upset at folks who use the checks is usually unfruitful and possibly somewhat misguided.

To most people who use them, I doubt it crosses their mind that they are doing anything wrong. If it goes beyond 'this is what I'm supposed to do when I'm pregnant,' I'm guessing it is often thought of as a small portion of what they have paid into the system that they can get back. You're right it's not fair, and it's more honorable to have planned and worked to provide for your children. But by now we can expect that human nature is such that these policies incentivize and attract folks to take advantage of them. And in the modern political climate, I believe it's more important to direct effort/anger at policies and bureaucrats than our fellow citizens.

Also, I'm not sure it's true anymore that the rest of us really pay for it - at least not directly. I say this because our taxes are such a small portion of revenue. As I understand it our federal taxes essentially just pay the interest on the national debt, and that the rest is literally printed money - or electronically created money - in the form of numbers changed on a computer. For example telling a card somewhere there is now welfare money available.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Also, I'm not sure it's true anymore that the rest of us really pay for it - at least not directly. I say this because our taxes are such a small portion of revenue. As I understand it our federal taxes essentially just pay the interest on the national debt, and that the rest is literally printed money - or electronically created money - in the form of numbers changed on a computer. For example telling a card somewhere there is now welfare money available.

Inflation is still a tax.

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Inflation is still a tax.

I agree, but it affects different people differently. So one might say if you hold your wealth in dollars, you are paying for it more than people who hold their wealth in silver, and moreso than those who hold their wealth in 20% palladium, 80% gold, etc. In other words, it is not a 'fair' tax, so it's not fair to say 'we' pay for it, for some of us do not.