PDA

View Full Version : DIRTY COPS - I could use some help...

DrN0
03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
We had a couple of local cops assault and falsely arrest a local business owner. It happened in 2008, the business owner was eventually cleared of all charges, he filed a civil suit, and judgment was finally levied against the cop last week.

Our city self-insures, so they have to pay $80k in judgment, and $20k+ in legal fees.

Meanwhile the Chief of Police has come out stating that he still supports the officers in question.

I wrote a letter to the editor and have posted several comments of outrage over the whole thing.

Here's how I could use help. Please don't comment in the comments section on the opinion page (we should keep that local and informed), but it would be helpful if ya'll would go in and rate the opposing comments as negative so the opposing team can't get my comments buried.

Thanks for your help All.

Here's the link...

h x x p://www2.newsadvance.com/news/2011/mar/30/letters-editor-wednesday-march-30-2011-ar-936266/#comment_form

Icymudpuppy
03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
bump

fisharmor
03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Bump
I'm in NoVA... I know that's not local but maybe some "hey you guys hate it when the huge population center up here tells you what to do, so maybe you should clean up your act and make it unnecessary for us to do so."

Anti Federalist
03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
///