PDA

View Full Version : Nov.5th Fundraiser Causing October goal not to be met

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:09 PM
I was just looking at the fundraising, and the campaign was expecting 3 million this month. We still might make it, but we might not even make it to 3 this month.

If the people donating to the 5th of November fundraiser donated their $100 this month instead of next we would be close to actually making the entire goal.

Something to think about how you people persisting with not changing the date are causing this month's fundraising not to be anywhere close to what it could be.:mad:

paulitics
10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I was just looking at the fundraising, and the campaign was expecting 3 million this month. We still might make it, but we might not even make it to 3 this month.

If the people donating to the 5th of November fundraiser donated their $100 this month instead of next we would be close to actually making the entire goal.

Something to think about how you people persisting with not changing the date are causing this month's fundraising not to be anywhere close to what it could be.:mad:

well I think changing it now will do more harm than good, there are 10,000 people signed up. Thats a ton of people. I had originally thought the money bomb should have been planned sooner, but whats done is done. Now that the controversy is taken out, I hope the media does report on it. I think if a couple million is raised in one day, it will create a buzz.

work2win
10-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I understand the concern, but I think the excitement of the massive 5th drive will bring in more money than if donations were spread out.

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
How is the controversy out?

Its still a dark creepy revolutionary/terrorist looking site.

Its still Nov.5th date greatly emphasized in the violent movie Vendetta.

There are still Vendetta/Paul/Nov.5th videos on youtube.

The controversy is far from gone, and unless this has some sort of drastic change made the media already has what it needs to slam Paul if it realizes it can.

And we have already had bad media coverage about this event anyway, which is a very bad sign of whats to come after it happens.

Zydeco
10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Why don't people leave the Nov. 5th event alone? If it's going to be so successful that's it's actually poaching off nearer goals, then it's successful enough not to fuck with.

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Original_Intent
10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Justinc,

In complete friendly constructive criticism...

you have some control issues.

Ron Paul has backed the Nov 5th drive.

SwordofShannara has bent over backwards to appease the naysayers and the bellyachers.

It is time for you to realize that everyone in the campaign is not going to conform to get unanimous approval from the forums to do a project nor should they.

Personally, I know three people who have been "supporters" but have not donated yet that are going to donate on the 5th.

If we didn't do anything that the media could twist and use against Ron Paul,
we wouldn't get anything done.

Just relax. This issue has caused enough friction here.

Trance Dance Master
10-24-2007, 10:40 PM

The controversy is far from gone, and unless this has some sort of drastic change made the media already has what it needs to slam Paul if it realizes it can.

And we have already had bad media coverage about this event anyway, which is a very bad sign of whats to come after it happens.

The media slam Paul over a connection to a movie that the media created and promotes? What are you smoking...and why aren't you sharing?

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
The media doesn't make movies... the movie industry does.;)

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 10:49 PM

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I just posted in another topic I'm going to start promoting it again since a compromise on the site has been reached.

However, I strongly feel this compromise needs to carry over to the people putting up youtube videos as well, and that the ones with vendetta need to be removed.

I have no problem linking this to Fawkes, but vendetta is a risk not worth taking.

SwordOfShannarah
10-25-2007, 12:33 AM
I just posted in another topic I'm going to start promoting it again since a compromise on the site has been reached.

However, I strongly feel this compromise needs to carry over to the people putting up youtube videos as well, and that the ones with vendetta need to be removed.

I have no problem linking this to Fawkes, but vendetta is a risk not worth taking.

Then you need to make that happen.

NewEnd
10-25-2007, 12:48 AM
double post

NewEnd
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
so, did you ever hear the one about teh horse on the side of the road?

There was a horse on the side of the road, and a guy was just kicking the piss out of it.

A guy walked up and said. "why are you beating a dead horse"

Perry
10-25-2007, 01:16 AM
This is what I have expected all along. 2milion oct 4mil nov & 6mil dec. 12 mil. Sofar we are ahead of my schedule.

argounova
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
This is what I have expected all along. 2milion oct 4mil nov & 6mil dec. 12 mil. Sofar we are ahead of my schedule.

i agree, i thought that 4mil was a monsterous overshoot (for all of us empty-billfold'ed liberty-lovin money-donatin' fools) but that little 400k boost made my day :D

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM

The best way to deal with this is to get in direct contact with those who uploaded the youtube videos. Hop on it! hop on it!

angelatc
10-25-2007, 06:42 AM

Stop it.

constituent
10-25-2007, 06:43 AM

yuuuuuuhhhhp.

constituent
10-25-2007, 06:44 AM

The controversy is far from gone....

yea it is, you're just the only being a little bitch about it.

angelatc
10-25-2007, 06:45 AM
The media slam Paul over a connection to a movie that the media created and promotes? What are you smoking...and why aren't you sharing?

Exactly. We can just forget about making a political campaign acceptable to everyone.

As long as we don't top Rudy's $9.11 fiasco, we're good.

unklejman
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Yes Nov. 5th is taking away from this month. Just like voting for RP is taking away from the neocon votes we would all normally cast....right?

Seriously, I've committed to giving $50 per paycheck. Nov 5 is an additional $100 on top of that.

Man from La Mancha
10-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Remember, Remember, Paul's 5th of November
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

koob
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM

NO KIDDING. i hate the site. i'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way.

libertarian4321
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM

I hate to keep having to say this to people on this board, but:

Settle down, Beavis.

There are far too many people on these forums who just go wild over silly stuff- whether its something the official campaign is doing or something an individual or meetup group is trying to organize.

Relax. Back away from the caffeine. The sky is NOT falling.

You do not agree with the 5th of November thing. Others, obviously, disagree with you. Its fine to voice your opinion once or twice. But to continue to go beserk isn't productive.

Use your energy for something productive- grab a Ron Paul sign, find a corner, and wave it!

If you do insist on carrying on about this, at least make it beneficial and send $10 to www.ronpaul2008.com every time you do :)