PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson to announce in New Hampshire

Echoes
03-30-2011, 12:26 PM
http://politicalscoop.wmur.com/former-nm-gov-johnson-to-announce-presidential-run-in-nh

madfoot
03-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Cool.

JoshLowry
03-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Cool.

No wonder you hate RPF.

:p

Bman
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Cool. I'm really looking to see a stage that isn't one friend of liberty vs a group of establishment war mongers who see no end to government powers.

eduardo89
03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
As good as it'll be to have another liberty minded individual in the debates (if Gary is even invited) I can't help but wonder why he's bothering to run if he knows he has no chance and most of the people who would vote for him would vote RP first. He should be running for senate and then in 2016 possibly run for president. People just don't know who he is right now and he has no national or foreign policy experience.

Mallory
03-31-2011, 08:35 PM
On one hand, I think this will be good in that it will get two Libertarian candidates in the GOP race. They can't just shut down Ron or call him "that guy," etc for being the only Libertarian. Having Gary in there too will raise attention and get the ideas debated, which is a good thing.

On the other hand, I'm worried that this will split the Libertarian vote between Ron and Gary and leave some statist, surveillance-loving, big-government neocon with the GOP nomination.

I hope they've got a master strategy. Either the less successful of the two will drop out and support the other (Most likely Gary endorsing Paul), or they team up for a Paul/Johnson or Johnson/Paul ticket.

emazur
03-31-2011, 11:28 PM
As good as it'll be to have another liberty minded individual in the debates (if Gary is even invited) I can't help but wonder why he's bothering to run if he knows he has no chance and most of the people who would vote for him would vote RP first. He should be running for senate and then in 2016 possibly run for president. People just don't know who he is right now and he has no national or foreign policy experience.

Hardly anybody knew who Obama or Palin were before the '08 election, but look how quickly their popularity skyrocketed. I'm glad he's running but my prediction is that Paul also will and will completely swamp the libertarian interest in Gary, and that he will drop out fairly early and endorse Paul.

Matt Collins
04-01-2011, 09:24 AM
On one hand, I think this will be good in that it will get two Libertarian candidates in the GOP race. They can't just shut down Ron or call him "that guy," etc for being the only Libertarian. Having Gary in there too will raise attention and get the ideas debated, which is a good thing.EXACTLY!!!

It will FORCE the debate about the direction of the GOP; towards more government, or less government.