PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Speaks at American University (Short Video)

LibertyForever
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I was in the front row for this event, started at 8pm, i got there at 6:15. Dr.Paul started speaking at about 8:15 it was crazy, we were all packed into a small room, there had to be at least 200 people there, i could barely move towards the end. Great experience. :D

When i was talking to ron i told him i'd be at the philly rally on the 10th? he told me it was the 7th? can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks, Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIlrrtuQBB8

American
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Was this from tonight?

edit: Cool is there any other videos from tonight?

LibertyForever
10-24-2007, 10:34 PM
yeah in DC

American
10-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Ron sounds like he is tired, but it looks like a good showing, how many people do you think was there?

LibertyForever
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
between 200-300, it was really packed. the guy organizing the event said he got emails from close to 800 people but he had to start turning them away. the room capacity was only about 250-260 i believe.

Primbs
10-25-2007, 02:46 AM
He was very friendly tonight.

In the debates he gets more worked up which may or may not work to his advantage. Only polls and focus groups of his performance will tell if that is a good presentation style during the debates.

Geronimo
10-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for posting the speech. It sounds like you had a great time.

constituent
10-25-2007, 05:57 AM
He was very friendly tonight.

In the debates he gets more worked up which may or may not work to his advantage. Only polls and focus groups of his performance will tell if that is a good presentation style during the debates.

i think it was a strategy, and it was a useful one to combat the "weak" connotations
floating around at the beginning (you know, 'weak' on security blah, blah, blah) and
for demanding the audience's attention/focus/memory.

he has that now, and it'd be great to see him shift into sage wisdom mode.

not a change in person or personality, but a slight shift in style.

wgadget
10-25-2007, 06:00 AM
At the last debate, he seemed much more calm and collected. Lower pitched voice...My opinion.

LibertyForever
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah everyone there seemed to be ron paul supporters except the few kids i brought, and they're leaning ron paul now!

Pete
10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
It does me a lot of good to see RP get such a warm reception at this school, no doubt full of young people planning a career in public service. I can't think of a better example for them, as a standard against which future contacts with cynical and world-weary pols can be compared.

Primbs
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
i think it was a strategy, and it was a useful one to combat the "weak" connotations
floating around at the beginning (you know, 'weak' on security blah, blah, blah) and
for demanding the audience's attention/focus/memory.

he has that now, and it'd be great to see him shift into sage wisdom mode.

not a change in person or personality, but a slight shift in style.

Good point.