PDA

View Full Version : positive thread: Lets unite and bury the Nov 5th hatchet!

work2win
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
As a previous Nov 5th detractor, I'd like to thank SwordOfShannarah for replacing the the last V video on the november 5th site. This really made my day! I was starting to get depressed about the grassroots split that was happening over this, but I think we now have the compromise that will bring us together!

I still don't agree on the dark style and date, but the main concern, the V video, has been replaced as suggested. The only content left on the site, is Ron Paul and his issues, with a little Michael J. Fox who is universally non-threatening [joke alert].

Since the requested compromise has been implemented, I will be donating on the 5th (and also the 11th since I backed that as well).

I started this thread because I wanted to thank SwordOfShannarah, but the other thread got buried in negativity. Disruptive negative posts in this thread will be reported and ignored. If you still do not agree, I understand, but I ask that we all end this topic in this thread on amiable terms, and we all pledge to get back to the fight!

Admin note- posts have been deleted for violting the following forum guidelines:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:31 PM
If we can get the majority of the Vendetta videos off of youtube as well I will agree to compromise for the sake of Paul's grassroots being organized, and I don't want to cause dissent.

This is a case of Huckabee's "If we make a mistake we make it together" philosophy, but oh well, what can I do, I'm only one person.

I haven't checked the number of people signed lately but if we're at or make it to at least $1 million I will join in and donate $100. If not then I'm donating on a different date because I'm very afraid of this event because of all the vendetta stuff associated with it.

But I'm glad the vendetta videos are at least off of the site. Thats better than nothing.

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 10:34 PM

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Yes I have seen the movie, it was great, but horrifying for a political campaing. Revolutionaries/terrorists (which it is depends on perspective) and political leaders don't mix.

I'm fully behind pushing a big donatation day, but not Vendetta. I think emphasis needs to be put on anything else for this event.

But Paul approving of it makes me feel a little better, I hope he knows the details and has seen some of the videos on youtube about it though.

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
This too shall pass. :)

justinc.1089
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm going to start pushing this again despite it horrifying me because of potential media blowback.:(:o

work2win
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Have you seen the entire movie and pondered the message. I think it's good symbolism to use in our struggle for liberty, and it will boost donations. Paul said he was fine with it on Curry today, so I got no beef now.

I see the sense of struggle that the V people are in favor of using, and I think the new video gets that across using symbolism from our country and our times. Good compromise IMO.

If you want to approach the youtube people, go for it, but I think we've reached the best compromise we'll get as far as the site and this forum is concerned. Thanks for keeping it positive!

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Everything's money, this November 5 fundraiser is going to be great! Thank you so much to those who were willing to compromise to make it a better project!

kylejack
10-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I'm going to start pushing this again despite it horrifying me because of potential media blowback.:(:o
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday, and all is well.