PDA

View Full Version : Obama Gets Lowest Approval, Reelect Score Ever

tangent4ronpaul
03-30-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1575

American voters disapprove 48 - 42 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing and say 50 - 41 percent he does not deserve to be re-elected in 2012, both all-time lows, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

ONE TERM PRESIDENT!

W00T

Koz
03-30-2011, 11:17 AM
There's a long way to go before election day and a lot of crappy neocon possibles trying to win the Republican nominee. My money is on Obama, unless Paul gets the nomination.

TheNcredibleEgg
03-30-2011, 12:08 PM
ONE TERM PRESIDENT!

W00T

Be careful what you wish for.

Think about what will likely happen if Obama loses. (This assumes a neocon-esque wins instead.)

First - the economy is not going to get any better under the Republican. Deficits will still be ridiculous. The wars will not end. Keynesian will remain the rule. And then - conservatives (which includes the fiscal ones) will be blamed. (And hell will have no fury for the Party in the White House when the debt crisis hits.)

That will likely lead to Republicans being swept from the Congress in 2014. So the Dems regain Congress (circa 2006.) And set up strong to win the White House again in 2016.

So - basically - from my point of view - I prefer Obama in the White House for another term and the Republicans in the Congress - unless Ron Paul or someone Paul-esque wins. Because if a neocon wins - nothing will change - except Ron Paul will be tagged with guilt by association with the Republicans being blamed for the economy again.

Seraphim
03-30-2011, 12:14 PM
QFT.

Spread the seed of liberty in the minds of the people. There is a collapse coming and we must ensure the correct ideas are to blame. The collapse cannot be stopped. Only deffered to the next term- at best (or worst depending on your vantage point).

So long as the collapse is hyperinflation- we will be ok.

An educational foundation will lead to an organic change in philosophy that will at worst case scenario serve as protection for the astute.

Think about what will likely happen if Obama loses. (This assumes a neocon-esque wins instead.)

First - the economy is not going to get any better under the Republican. Deficits will still be ridiculous. The wars will not end. Keynesian will remain the rule. And then - conservatives (which includes the fiscal ones) will be blamed. (And hell will have no fury for the Party in the White House when the debt crisis hits.)

That will likely lead to Republicans being swept from the Congress in 2014. So the Dems regain Congress (circa 2006.) And set up strong to win the White House again in 2016.

So - basically - from my point of view - I prefer Obama in the White House for another term and the Republicans in the Congress - unless Ron Paul or someone Paul-esque wins. Because if a neocon wins - nothing will change - except Ron Paul will be tagged with guilt by association with the Republicans being blamed for the economy again.

Maximus
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
It really all depends on who the Republicans nominate.

It is lost for Obama, but the Republicans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

sailingaway
03-30-2011, 12:55 PM
There is nothing at your link that I can see. I really WANT to see it....

Also.... generally the US rallies around the flag when we go to war.

Is this the first time a president's popularity has DROPPED on such an occassion? :D

But his opponent would have to be both against these wars and have a real economic plan.

Sounds like a Paul, to me.

Zippyjuan
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Reagan and Clinton both had very low popularity ratings during their first term- and were re-elected. Doesn't really mean much right now. Only one popularity poll counts- and that is the one taken on election day.

ds21089
03-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Reagan and Clinton both had very low popularity ratings during their first term- and were re-elected. Doesn't really mean much right now. Only one popularity poll counts- and that is the one taken on election day.

Yeah, but it's not like we even have elections fairly. I remember reading various articles of people in specific counties within states claiming that they alone knew for a fact more people voted for Ron Paul than what had been reported. The votes are obviously being tampered with and now that we have voting machines, it's easier than ever to manipulate the results.

I wish somebody was able to contact these people and make a video out of it. It would be very helpful in showing how we need less government in our lives and to end this corruption.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/010908_widespread_fraud.htm

"The New Hampshire town of Sutton admits that it voided every vote Ron Paul received. The Congressman got 31 votes and yet due to a "human error," Sutton reported zero votes for Ron Paul. How "human error" can explain not counting 31 votes in succession for one single candidate is beyond the pale and Ron Paul's campaign should ask for a recount across New Hampshire immediately.

As soon as people went public with the fact that their votes in Sutton had not been counted, other districts where Paul had supposedly received zero votes, such as Greenville, suddenly changed their final tallies and attributed votes to the Congressman."

SilentBull
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Except those same morons that voted negative will quickly forget what they were thinking about when they voted in that poll, and will, once again, vote for Obama.

Freedom 4 all
03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
If the alternative is Mitt Romney, a number of those may reconsider.

NewRightLibertarian
03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Most likely Obama will be reelected by a small margin against one of the Republican bums (probably Huckabee).

Ron Paul probably stands the best chance against Obama in the election next year, but he'll face the most fierce opposition from both sides because he's an actual threat against the power elite. It will be interesting if he runs.

Fredom101
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't think this poll means much. Hopefully I'm wrong. But if we have a terrorist attack here next year, his rating will skyrocket because that's how people think, even if the economy is in the shitter.

Stary Hickory
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Obama is as good as gone, if the HC law is not neutered or shot down by the SC, Obama will not get a second term. I will personally lead a charge to get him out of office if this is the case, and I won't be alone. Obama stands between us and our health care freedom, and is ushering in the deterioration of any hopes of having a decent health care in this country.

How a person cares for his own body is sacred, and not subject to the whims of Obama, come 2012 he will find this out. Guaranteed.

tangent4ronpaul
03-30-2011, 04:26 PM

I hate to say it, but you make some good points.

Lets make sure he's running against a Paul!

-t

Stary Hickory
03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
With Obama in office we cannot get rid of Obamacare, he has to go before this nightmare is a reality. Now is the time to end it before it starts. If the liberty movement cannot bring me liberty then I will find it elsewhere.

Obama must go just like Bush had to go before him. I wonder the same people who support Obama despite what he did...did they also support Bush despite what he did? I must say I do feel a bit betrayed when I go out of my way to oppose Bush to the point I give anything else the benefit of doubt(even Obama), to see people now coming in supporting a sitting president who has done so much wrong to this country.

It amazes me, I will at the very least be consistent if the next POTUS is like Obama or Bush I will oppose him too, I will not look at the letter next to his name. God forbid their be a small government Democrat, I would happily vote him in.