PDA

View Full Version : the only card left to play for the Rotten Establishment

AuH20
03-30-2011, 08:38 AM
As if we didn't know this was the endgame. Out come the experts with their scripts...err I mean analysis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/29/government-shutdown-economy_n_842262.html

An extended federal government shutdown could devastate the U.S. economy by dealing a blow to Americans' confidence, experts said Tuesday.

I think M.I.T. stands for Mired in a Trance:

"Even though the actual direct effects of a two-week government shutdown may not seem like such a big deal, it could trigger a mass panic or sell-off, or other types of market dynamics that could be really hard to predict or control," said Andrew Lo, professor of finance at the MIT Sloan School of Management.

He added that Americans might "start wondering whether or not government works at all."

Kludge
03-30-2011, 08:49 AM
In what fantasy world do gov't reps stubbornly deliberating and reining in spending trigger a "mass panic"?

Oh - I forget who these analysts are actually speaking to -- kind of like how "terrorism" in the MSM only implies the USG administration is being terrified.

I suspect the author is really trying to say General Dynamics, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin are in danger of seeing selloffs.