PDA

View Full Version : If we lead, they will follow! (Viral video project - please participate)

Matthew Zak
03-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Here's the idea:

Everyone (who can) on this forum creates a short video explaining the moment they woke up. That "AH HA" moment where everything fell into place. That moment where apathy had been cured.

All you need is a webcam with microphone, and a few minutes of time. Record a video with just the basic information explaining simply the facts (where, when, what was said). Example: "I was laying on the couch watching one of the debates around september of '07 when a candidate I hadn't noticed before said 'I believe in no secrecy in government'. I literally shot to my feet." <--that sentence should take no more than 20 seconds to say.

-Bookmark this thread.

-Position the camera in front of you as close to eye level as possible.

-Write/rehearse what you want to say and record a clip that is under 25 seconds.

-Upload to youtube.

-Link video to this thread.

The reason I think this will be effective in mobilizing AND recruiting is because each clip stands on it's own as a reminder of the feeling we each had that brought us here. But more importantly, I plan on creating a massive video collage of people who are INSPIRED, and ready to lead this country out of a recession because of a message. I want to emphasize how the message lit the brushfire of freedom in the minds of men. The moths will come.

You're all encouraged to use the same clips for any video project you'd like to create.

This will be more effective than volleying points on various topics back and forth on message boards and blogs, in my opinion. All it will require from you is a few minutes.

THANK YOU to anyone participating.

Matthew Zak
03-30-2011, 05:01 AM
If you think this is a good idea will you give it a friendly bump so it doesn't get buried? Thanks. :)

Matthew Zak
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Is this a BAD idea? :confused:

acptulsa
03-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Hard to say. Are you after a list reasons to not believe in the status quo, or a demonstration that we're likable, or heartwarming stories of excitement and an end of apathy, or all of the above so you can string it all together, or...?

Matthew Zak
04-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I find it really hard to believe that I'm the only one without the equipment to make this happen... all I DO have is Adobe Premiere Pro and a little bit of time. :P

Come on.... someone... anyone? :D