PDA

View Full Version : Re-cutting "FOR LIBERTY" to be used as a RP/R3V 2012 campaign tool - View within

AdamT
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM
In anticipation of RP/R3V2012 Corey and I have taken our original film and re-cut it, creating a much much shorter version which can be more easily taken in. We plan on mass producing this new version in minimalist packaging (which will in itself be RP2012 informational lit), and making them available in bulk on a new website for dirt cheap to be used as grassroots campaign handouts. Obviously we are waiting for RP to announce, but wanted to get a jump on this as we all know how crazy it will get once this thing kicks off!

Right now with the re-cut we're sitting at just under 60 minutes when the final credits roll. In the original the roll was around 110 mins, so so far we've shaved off almost 50%. But the shorter the better really. We want people to watch until the very end since there are some really emotional and powerful scenes there.

http://forlibertymovie.com/images/forliberty960.jpg

Those of you familiar with the original 110 minute version of the doc (http://www.forlibertymovie.com/) may notice some things right away.

1) the Walk for Freedom journey is gone. They still arrive in MN at the end but appear as just attendees of the Rally along with everyone else. While the touching story of their walk is fitting in the film's original structure, it serves less purpose when wanting to use the film as a quick educational tool promoting RP2012. Cutting W4F shaved 30 minutes right off the bat. Sorry to Michael and crew :(

2) Less detail on grassroots projects. Most still remain in some form or another, but are now just touched on vs giving all the backstory, etc. The purpose now is to give information about Ron Paul and why he is deserving of your Primary & General vote!

3) Some of the later debate clips were consolidated into a general section about half way through, focusing on how the media attacked RP and how he differs from the neocons in foreign policy, etc. Liberty vs Tyranny.

4) Many clips were removed that served no purpose in the re-cut, or helped generally speed things up and save on time.

5) There is an updated serif font for name tags vs the hard edges of the original one. Some people's subtitles were updated, like Kokesh for example.

6) There is a Red Giant filter on the whole film that pops the colors more, blurs the left-right edges, and adds a gentle vignette. Purpose is to add a bit more beauty and eye candy people are used to seeing in movies and TV shows.

7) The end credits crawl (text over black) is still the original version. We'll be updating that a bit for the final re-cut and with updated websites at the end.

8) Thinking of the idea of a permanent lower right watermark with "RonPaul2012.com" or whatever the official campaign site is. Open to suggestions if that's a good idea or not.

9) There is a burned-in timecode window to help better reference possible edits or changes.

We were thinking of putting up a title card in the very beginning (currently not in) with a couple short sentences like: "This is the story of the Ron Paul's 2007-08 Presidential campaign. We hope it helps you better understand Dr. Paul's unique and exceptional qualities as a candidate in the upcoming 2012 election." This is an important card since it's literally the first thing people will see when viewing. We are open to everyone helping work on that card to make it the best it can be.

We're still looking for places to shave off minutes to make it even shorter if possible. We've opened the cut up to anyone with the password, so feel free to view it and offer any suggestions. We hope by taking some time with this it can be a powerful tool to be used during the upcoming campaign.

Password: 2012

[Edit] - this is the latest version after critique from this thread, however the DVD version may differ slightly.

http://vimeo.com/25365071

Edit - The disc will have about 45-60 mins available for bonus/ancillary material to be included - which can be recent speeches, new Avaroth vids, things like the "What If" video, or whatever. Looking for the best stuff to put on there! Surely new vids will start getting cranked out once he announces. Open to what to include in this available disc space, and we can even update these in future DVD pressings as the campaign rages on. May have to open a new thread for that when the time comes.

trey4sports
03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
great idea Adam. 12on Paul!

sailingaway
03-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Thank you! That's terrific!!

Ron's inspiring people to do and be more is big. I hope you left in some of the grass roots effort, even if not details of all the projects (Mary Ruwart's interview was good for example.) Unfortunately, I'm more coming up with stuff to add (like parts of Gunny's speech last night saying how Ron banished his apathy and prompted him to register, and a year later run for the state office he won), but I do understand the purpose of shortening it. I'll look forward to the end result to go with the For Liberty DVD I have!

AdamT
03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
...I'm more coming up with stuff to add (like parts of Gunny's speech last night saying how Ron banished his apathy and prompted him to register, and a year later run for the state office he won), but I do understand the purpose of shortening it.

I don't think we can add new material to the film, but there will be about 60 mins available on the DVD for bonus/ancillary material to be included. Should almost start a new thread just about that! But yeah, I forgot to mention that (will edit above).

sailingaway
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I know you can't add new, that was just an aside. Don't worry about it! I was just commiserating on the difficulty of cutting anything when there is so much to say.

trey4sports
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Just watched the full chopped down version. It's really good, and I think this will be a winning asset in 2012. My plan would be to add this DVD to every lit drop i do.

speciallyblend
03-29-2011, 01:32 PM
thanks adam for all your work. we are all proud of you :) Ron Paul 2012 , any chance you have aravoth involved in making new 2012 videos?:) hint hint;) edit i saw your edit with aravoth in it :)

Dave Aiello
03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
The new cut is FANTASTIC.

One suggestion: The guy that is interviewed at 8:10 could be done without. His mere appearance gives that fanatical image that I think we should really try to stay away from. All others who are interviewed help the campaign's perceived credibility.

Sweman
03-29-2011, 05:22 PM
One suggestion: The guy that is interviewed at 8:10 could be done without. His mere appearance gives that fanatical image that I think we should really try to stay away from. All others who are interviewed help the campaign's perceived credibility.

I think you're totally wrong. Are you an elitist?

KramerDSP
03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Adam, will there be subtitles for this new version?

Dave Aiello
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I think you're totally wrong. Are you an elitist?

objectivist

eduardo89
03-29-2011, 05:40 PM
How can I check out the new cut?

AdamT
03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Adam, will there be subtitles for this new version?

Yes! Forgot to mention this, but we are definitely planning on it once it's locked. At half the length it'll be much easier to transcribe and get everything in sync.

How can I check out the new cut?

Go to the Vimeo and put in the pass: 2012
http://www.vimeo.com/21630145

eduardo89
03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks

Thomas
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM
this is awesome!

+rep and rated

KramerDSP
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes! Forgot to mention this, but we are definitely planning on it once it's locked. At half the length it'll be much easier to transcribe and get everything in sync.

Awesome! The video looks great from the skimming I did through it. The quality is phenomenal, and I think a lot of people will be swayed positively by the movie.

rutgerscamdenYAL
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
If you can let us know how much it costs asap, our YAL chapter can purchase a ton with our budget to screen on campus or hand out.

civusamericanus
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
My eyes start watering everytime I watch this... I agree making it slightly shorter will help get the point across to the masses much better.

Is it possible to get this on the Biography or History Channel? They wouldn't have any problem with viewership and ratings.

nayjevin
03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I actually did something similar about a year ago.... I got it down to about 20 minutes if I remember right and have a DVD arch file ready to go.... but I don't have means to mass produce and wasn't sure the producers would like that I did it... so glad you're on it! I'll move on to other things :)

Thomas
03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Can we get the original onto Amazon Video on Demand, Zune Marketplace, and iTunes Movies?

Dave Aiello
03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Can we get the original onto Amazon Video on Demand, Zune Marketplace, and iTunes Movies?

Getting on Amazon is simple. They should look into it. I've got some products on amazon in the past, and I have some friends who got their independent films on Amazon with no problem. I believe you just need a unique UPC code.

R3volutionJedi
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
awesome! This will be great as a tool.

Eric21ND
03-30-2011, 02:03 AM
This was vitally important to have a high quality, concise overview of the Ron Paul movement. This will bring the general public up to speed very quickly. Now we just have to put it in the hands of every republican in Iowa and NH. Certainly will be a Herculean task, but if anybody could do it, it's us!

trey4sports
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
This was vitally important to have a high quality, concise overview of the Ron Paul movement. This will bring the general public up to speed very quickly. Now we just have to put it in the hands of every republican in Iowa and NH. Certainly will be a Herculean task, but if anybody could do it, it's us!

Agreed. This DVD needs to be part of our lit drops

AdamT
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM

We looked into iTunes, which costs about $1000 to get it up there. You have to go through one of their "approved aggregators". Haven't looked into Amazon VOD or Zune. We do have the original DVD on Amazon, so I assume that's half the battle getting it on VOD?

trey4sports
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
We looked into iTunes, which costs about $1000 to get it up there. You have to go through one of their "approved aggregators". Haven't looked into Amazon VOD or Zune. We do have the original DVD on Amazon, so I assume that's half the battle getting it on VOD?

Is there any update on Netflix instant? How does that work, is it just a long process or are there costs involved?

AdamT
03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Netflix has to get a demand. People should keep adding it to their Queue as a "saved title".

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/For-Liberty-How-the-Ron-Paul-Revolution-Watered-the-Withered-Tree-of-Liberty/70148642

Eric21ND
03-31-2011, 05:37 AM
I have many ideas for extras. What's the criteria for adding them? Do you want them strictly about Ron Paul? How many extra can we have length wise? I would include interview/lectures by some people who support Ron in certain areas. Thomas E. Woods on economics, Michael Scheuer on foreign policy, etc. Is this going to be DVD format or can we get high quality Blueray 1080p?

AdamT
03-31-2011, 07:48 AM
I have many ideas for extras. What's the criteria for adding them? Do you want them strictly about Ron Paul? How many extra can we have length wise? I would include interview/lectures by some people who support Ron in certain areas. Thomas E. Woods on economics, Michael Scheuer on foreign policy, etc. Is this going to be DVD format or can we get high quality Blueray 1080p?

Blu-ray would be amazing but is a lot more expensive and not everyone has players. No macs play them. DVD is way more common.

There would be about 45-60 minutes available for the bonus stuff. Needs to be quick, interesting, and well-done videos that won't bore people to death. Avaroth kind of things. They would have to add to wanting to learn more about Ron Paul and to get people to vote for him.

TIMB0B
03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
If you have the space on the bonus materials, I think the John Stossel 20/20 interview with Dr. Paul is his best most informative video on the issues and his reasons for those positions.

TIMB0B
03-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Btw, what will be the cost for a DVD?

JoshLowry
03-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Watched the shortened version the whole way through.

I don't have any criticism, sorry. I think it's near perfect. Really good job Team For Liberty.

Emailed this thread to Frank at www.HollywoodRepublican.net (http://www.HollywoodRepublican.net)

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 12:34 AM
10:14 - I'd cut 'they were in belgium, they were everywhere' (the map shows this idea) and possibly slow the map pan to cover the time gap?
26:31 - 'get the kids in so you can get the parents in' then at 27:03 Ron makes the same point about his campaign, seems a bit odd waddya think?

JoshLowry
04-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Bump

MRoCkEd
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I've always hated the part at 47:33 where the Ron Paul sign with his face on it goes up in flames. A sign falling over, crumbling, or blowing away would have been better.

That aside, great job editing this down!

nayjevin
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I've always hated the part at 47:33 where the Ron Paul sign with his face on it goes up in flames. A sign falling over, crumbling, or blowing away would have been better.

Yeah I could never relate to the downer part at all... I think addressing it is probably good, if the film recovers properly, and I think it does. But I more relate with Josh's comments 'what can we do? don't trust the machines.'

satchelmcqueen
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
good job man!

Dave Aiello
04-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah I could never relate to the downer part at all... I think addressing it is probably good, if the film recovers properly, and I think it does. But I more relate with Josh's comments 'what can we do? don't trust the machines.'

Actually, I'm not quite fond of the "don't trust the machines" line (no offense at all to Josh for saying it). That would be one of my VERY few criticisms. It makes it look like we were coming up with excuses.

GOOD SUGGESTION: Edit the opening sequence (the montage of all the the candidates) to include Pawlenty, and some other possible 2012 candidates.

Also, why was this thread moved to Gen Politics?! It's going to get lost!

TNforPaul45
04-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I just watched the re-cut version. I forgot how much I truly liked this film, and seeing faces to all the names. The only suggestion I would have would be, maybe, if possible, some "Ron Paul was right about..." footage could be included towards the end, really drive home the message that in the period of even the last 3 years, Ron Paul knew exactly what he was talking about, how the GOP voters made a terrible mistake not nominating him in the primaries, and show that the other GOP potentials have nothing to add to this debate other than "I'm Not Obama."

Thank for for this labor of love!

Working Poor
04-02-2011, 05:41 PM
This video gave me a very uplifted feeling. I loved the song at the end thanks for sharing it.

Thomas
04-02-2011, 06:22 PM

agreed

Nate-ForLiberty
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
just watched it. really nice job!! Great tempo all the way through! If you wanted to shave a few seconds off here or there I'd do it with some of the footage showing grassroots posting up signs. It's very good stuff, but how much do you really need to get the point across in a small amount of time?

TomtheTinker
04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
+rep

While the walk for freedom was one of the most touching and best parts in "for Liberty" this re-cut version is just as informative and almost as moving as the original in half the time. Good job.

tnvoter
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
No offense when I say this: I couldn't make it through the first 5-6 minutes of the original version of For Liberty. I've been glued to the first 9 minutes of this version, and going to finish it-

good job

UtahApocalypse
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Have not watched the re-cut yet. Looking forward to it. One thought is to be sure to include details about the original cut and where to get it.

Lothario
04-02-2011, 10:59 PM
So here's my take on this:

I watched the first 3 minutes of this maybe 5 times, and thought cool, this is good to have something like this.

I just now finished watching the film in it's entirety and it's absolutely beautiful. I literally spent the last 10 minutes in tears - I somehow didn't know who Ron Paul was in 2008, but I have spent the past few months watching every video clip of him, listening to every audio file, reading every book, and studying every influence of his like the Mises Institute - I had no idea so many people shared my new found passion.

This film is a beautiful tribute to Ron and to everyone who was part of the 2008 movement that inevitably led to my conversion to a Ron Pauler just a few months ago.

Having said that, I developed a tinge of lingering uncertainty about half way through - if the grassroots movement was this powerful and with this level of momentum and commitment, and it all ultimately resulted in Ron barely cracking the top 5 in the republican primaries - what can we possibly do different this year? People's heart and souls were completely committed in 2008, so what can be added this year? Is media support the missing ingredient? I would love to see at the end of the film not only a call to action (which is unnecessary, as the action is inevitable as the film demonstrates), but some sort of answer that can inspire a new found hope for 2012 - perhaps all the favorable news clips of late that demonstrate a reversal of media opinion, and/or the fulfillment of Ron's predictions as another poster has mentioned above?

Anyhow - superb work on this project.

AdamT
04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the great comments everyone, we really really appreciate people taking the time to view and post! We're keeping an eye on this thread and will be taking all opinions into consideration when making the next pass in the coming weeks. We've also gotten some great feedback via email. Aside from cutting out more (voting machine clip will be gone haha) and making other changes, we'll definitely be updating up the ending after the Rally with new relevant 2012 campaign info, maybe a killer quote (Margaret Mead comes to mind) and listing places & sites interested parties can go to learn more.

I am loving this new campaign logo. I really hope the official campaign goes with something like this.

http://i55.tinypic.com/9u6vjp.jpg

Who designed that anyway?

BLS
04-03-2011, 01:31 AM
So it's 2:30 am now, I'm sitting on my couch and I just re-lived the most influential year of my life.
To whoever created this, you captured everything I remember about the Revolution. Everything from remembering how I felt during his first debate all the way through Super Tuesday and the inescapable feeling of being lost, confused and broken inside. It's an excellent film.

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep at all. I will probably sit up all night thinking of ways to make it happen this time (if we have another chance).

Dave Aiello
04-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the great comments everyone, we really really appreciate people taking the time to view and post! We're keeping an eye on this thread and will be taking all opinions into consideration when making the next pass in the coming weeks. We've also gotten some great feedback via email. Aside from cutting out more (voting machine clip will be gone haha) and making other changes, we'll definitely be updating up the ending after the Rally with new relevant 2012 campaign info, maybe a killer quote (Margaret Mead comes to mind) and listing places & sites interested parties can go to learn more.

I am loving this new campaign logo. I really hope the official campaign goes with something like this.

http://i55.tinypic.com/9u6vjp.jpg

Who designed that anyway?

Skylar Hartman. He made an elaborate site describing the logo project. I hope the campaign adopts this, or something as polished as this. Their last logo looked like something you could have done in microsoft paint lol... Anyway, here's the site: http://www.hartmancollective.com/1199325/Ron-Paul-2012-Brand-Proposal

A few new small suggestions, after watching it for a second time:

1) The child saying "we put up signs everywhere.. spreading the message". I don't think this sends across the right message. To me, it says that this kid was forced to do something for which he doesn't understand. It's like he was brainwashed. A cute idea, but it didn't sit well with me, nor do I think it would with many viewers.

2) 43:16 - The clip of the 2 guys running on top of the snowbank and planting the sign - this doesn't really add much to the narrative, is a bit silly, and may give the impression that some supporters are a little loony. Maybe this could be done without.

3) 29:35 - After Ron says "what's going on here?", let that clip play through for the next few seconds, so we can hear the crowd's applause after that comment.

4) 31:00 - Instead of having Kokesh speaking to inform the viewer that Ron Paul raised the most money from our troops, maybe first show Ron's response to McCain's statement, FOLLOWED by Adam reiterating that point.

5) I agree with the few people who suggested eliminating the burning sign. It is a very effective clip, though I think there are less dramatic ways to convey the message of defeat. The burning sign may be a bit too extreme.

6) ** I Think this one's important** - at around the 45:00 mark, when the narrative is regarding Fox not inviting Ron to the debate, highlight that Thompson was invited, and Ron ended up receiving more than 3x as many votes as him in the NH primary, in spite of Fox setting the narrative that "one of those men would be the republican nominee". I don't think enough emphasis was put on this, and the fact that Ron out-polled Thompson, and finished almost even with giuliani even after not being included in the debate. The viewer is left looking for a solid answer as to why Ron didn't do so well, and this is a perfect example of clear media bias which the viewer can see as the major factor for Ron coming in 5th. May be able to find a good clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMzxD8ffZ4E . Goldwater, Jr. makes the case for Ron pretty well, and you might be able to get some good sound bytes out of Meg Kelly.

Can't thank you guys enough for the impeccable work you've done. This needs to be aired on TV. Period.

nayjevin
04-04-2011, 03:11 AM

I don't agree with #2 but these are great ideas, and without having watched it again, I think I agree with all the rest. Good input.

Eric21ND
04-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Blu-ray would be amazing but is a lot more expensive and not everyone has players. No macs play them. DVD is way more common.

There would be about 45-60 minutes available for the bonus stuff. Needs to be quick, interesting, and well-done videos that won't bore people to death. Avaroth kind of things. They would have to add to wanting to learn more about Ron Paul and to get people to vote for him.
I agree. 45-60 mins isn't much time to work with. I would like more of this "meet & great" type of politicking. People know who Ron Paul is somewhat, and realize he's a budget cutter. I believe some people (elderly and women) don't actually know or see the soft-hearted side of Dr. Paul, all they see is the staunch libertarian firebrand. That works well with men, especially younger men(18-35), but I would like to see the campaign and the grassroots focus a bit more on Ron Paul the person, the doctor, the family man. People like experiencing folksy charm, Ron indeed is a rather charming individual in the proper settings. The people that are timid of supporting Ron Paul for his "slash & burn" spending cuts need to know Ron isn't the ice cold, uncaring libertarian people sometimes take him for or expect him to be. We need more videos like this one below, and I'd like to see it added to the DVD extras.

Also please looking into the Blueray options and report back a per DVD/Blueray dollar figure comparison. I think the grassroots could vent some of our pent up presidential angst and flex our fund raising muscle and cover the cost differential.

More personal "down home" type stuff like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSFdVHOuu4

Lothario
04-06-2011, 12:36 AM
my hispanic roommate noted the absence of hispanics and blacks in the video - just a note.

Bossobass
04-06-2011, 06:02 AM
my hispanic roommate noted the absence of hispanics and blacks in the video - just a note.

Tell your roommate he had to be there to be in the film.

I was at nearly every event in that film, but I don't appear in it once.

Should I be whining about me?

The film is awesome. Everything can always be better, but I tend not to rewrite, re-edit or re-direct when I review
a documentary. I just look for its merits or otherwise, as-is. I like this one. 2 thumbs up.

Bosso

s35wf
04-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Just watched entire hour or so. Great Job. Made me cry, especially the middle & the flag burning. The fact that we "failed/lost" along with the state that our country is in now. So much hardwork & $ for naught. But we MUST continue....Let's Do It Again!

Knightskye
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Around 8:30, it sounds like someone's blowing into a microphone.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Around 8:30, it sounds like someone's blowing into a microphone.

That's Michael exhaling on the "is". I can try and fix that up.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 10:56 AM

This was not by intention, just the way it ended up. If anyone has Tube links to non-white supporters link them here and we'll see about fitting something in somewhere. I remember a really well spoken black lady from an early event, can't find it though.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Skylar Hartman. He made an elaborate site describing the logo project. I hope the campaign adopts this, or something as polished as this. Their last logo looked like something you could have done in microsoft paint lol... Anyway, here's the site: http://www.hartmancollective.com/1199325/Ron-Paul-2012-Brand-Proposal

Awesome, thanks for the link. This is an astounding logo and well thought out from a design/marketing perspective. By far the best so far, I would run with this in a second. Unless anything better comes along, this will be featured in the final version of the re-cut.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM

1) The child saying "we put up signs everywhere.. spreading the message". I don't think this sends across the right message. To me, it says that this kid was forced to do something for which he doesn't understand. It's like he was brainwashed. A cute idea, but it didn't sit well with me, nor do I think it would with many viewers.

2) 43:16 - The clip of the 2 guys running on top of the snowbank and planting the sign - this doesn't really add much to the narrative, is a bit silly, and may give the impression that some supporters are a little loony. Maybe this could be done without.

3) 29:35 - After Ron says "what's going on here?", let that clip play through for the next few seconds, so we can hear the crowd's applause after that comment.

4) 31:00 - Instead of having Kokesh speaking to inform the viewer that Ron Paul raised the most money from our troops, maybe first show Ron's response to McCain's statement, FOLLOWED by Adam reiterating that point.

5) I agree with the few people who suggested eliminating the burning sign. It is a very effective clip, though I think there are less dramatic ways to convey the message of defeat. The burning sign may be a bit too extreme.

6) ** I Think this one's important** - at around the 45:00 mark, when the narrative is regarding Fox not inviting Ron to the debate, highlight that Thompson was invited, and Ron ended up receiving more than 3x as many votes as him in the NH primary, in spite of Fox setting the narrative that "one of those men would be the republican nominee". I don't think enough emphasis was put on this, and the fact that Ron out-polled Thompson, and finished almost even with giuliani even after not being included in the debate. The viewer is left looking for a solid answer as to why Ron didn't do so well, and this is a perfect example of clear media bias which the viewer can see as the major factor for Ron coming in 5th. May be able to find a good clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMzxD8ffZ4E . Goldwater, Jr. makes the case for Ron pretty well, and you might be able to get some good sound bytes out of Meg Kelly.

Can't thank you guys enough for the impeccable work you've done. This needs to be aired on TV. Period.

Thanks for this.
1) this has come up from others too, no problem on cutting, we're indifferent on it (this is Bishu BTW, ie Corey's son. See him here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NAJn6nMDxI) in Corey's "commercial" for the doc haha.)

2) We left this in just to get a laugh and show how much fun people were having while freezing their asses off.

3) Can do.

4) Will have to look at this in the timeline and see what can be done.

5) I know a few others have brought this up, but this really is powerful imagery of absolute defeat, and planned as an emotional rollercoaster moment that touches people. Within minutes of this, the beat changes to "screw it, we're not giving up" and we launch into the upbeat DC March and into the Rally/ending. I can't really see removing this or the low/high arc is ruined.

6) Not sure making the point RP was out-polling Thompson is worth the extra editing this would involve. Although we do have a full interview with Goldwater we never used. Hmmm.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Also please looking into the Blueray options and report back a per DVD/Blueray dollar figure comparison. I think the grassroots could vent some of our pent up presidential angst and flex our fund raising muscle and cover the cost differential.

Have looked into it and BR is approx 3x the cost to manufacture vs DVD. There are other problems though.....authoring one of these is vastly more complex, right now I don't own a BR burner or any of the software that would be needed to author. Just not sure it's the right time for a BR, especially considering these are meant for handouts.

Another thing is acquiring 720p or better version of the bonus material sections would be really difficult. People make these as web videos and probably aren't thinking about HD. Some might not even be sourced in HD, so the benefits of the BR format would be moreless wasted. The Doc is sourced at 720p 24p, so that would look beautiful. But the rest....

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
This was not by intention, just the way it ended up. If anyone has Tube links to non-white supporters link them here and we'll see about fitting something in somewhere. I remember a really well spoken black lady from an early event, can't find it though.

This is who you are probably looking for, will have to look for a better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqIP0Ma7fyI

and she is still in it:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180053_485506556414_583466414_6332515_478985_n.jpg
Jordan Page "Liberty" Album Release Party. 2011

:D

Nate-ForLiberty
04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMIPTu3YdBQ

AdamT
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMIPTu3YdBQ

Yes, this was it. The "just war" soundbyte is golden, also the one at the very end. May have to try and work this in. Thanks for finding.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVUiaj4C24&NR=1

6:27

D.L.H.: "You don't seem like a Republican to me. You seem so reasonable."

*I forgot how great this interview was!

UtahApocalypse
04-06-2011, 12:19 PM
More personal "down home" type stuff like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSFdVHOuu4

Not sure how I missed this video in the past!! One of the best "get to know Ron" video's I have seen.

Dave Aiello
04-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Another suggestion to make the video more 2012-friendly:

I think it would be very effective to include the clip where Ron is interviewed about polling even with Obama in a hypothetical 2012 race. This will give people the impression that Ron is someone who is a viable candidate, and worthy of their support in 2012.

Clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jyYpYgOeE

nayjevin
04-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Just saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9e4f7bi8tU

s35wf
04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Heres a Suggestion: Louis Farrakahn a Black Muslim exposes the Fed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZkR1nMw1E0

put a small clip of this & then Ron on the Fed!

might want to get his permission???

Dave Aiello
04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Just saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9e4f7bi8tU

He mentions Ron briefly at 4:50... though he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb, and many don't know who he is.

AdamT
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Just worked on this a bit and added in the Fox clip, and a small bit from our unused Goldwater interview. Is this what you had in mind?

http://vimeo.com/22055211

Dave Aiello
04-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Just worked on this a bit and added in the Fox clip, and a small bit from our unused Goldwater interview. Is this what you had in mind?

http://vimeo.com/22055211

Man, you guys rock. This is fantastic. It's great that you have the interview footage to follow up.

goRPaul
04-06-2011, 07:25 PM
This is truly fantastic. Thank you! The short version still has all the very important clips. It flows beautifully, and the picture is stunning. I can see this being a massively valuable campaign tool. I wouldn't change a thing.

Chieppa1
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I want to share this immediately

truthspeaker
04-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Whoa, no offense Adam, but if you were planning on doing an educational DVD about Ron Paul, I'd cut it down to the first 15 minutes or so to focus on his positions. Too much airtime for his supporters if the goal is to introduce Ron Paul to someone who has never heard of him before.

By the way...someone I work with said that they planned to support Ron Paul today. Too cool.

Great work on the video by the way.

nayjevin
04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
He mentions Ron briefly at 4:50... though he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb, and many don't know who he is.

I thought it was relevant, don't know if it's good material for the video. But this is the kind of honest realization Ron awakens in people, because his philosophy is rooted in individualism. To judge the guy embodying that eye-opening misses the point, IMO. Seems to me a clear view shows humanity in a way no Ivy League intellectual scholar could. In that way videos like that are more encouraging/convincing to guys like me than Goldwater for instance (but I'm in no way criticizing the changes so far).

Dave Aiello
04-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Whoa, no offense Adam, but if you were planning on doing an educational DVD about Ron Paul, I'd cut it down to the first 15 minutes or so to focus on his positions. Too much airtime for his supporters if the goal is to introduce Ron Paul to someone who has never heard of him before.

By the way...someone I work with said that they planned to support Ron Paul today. Too cool.

Great work on the video by the way.

I think distilling it to 15 minutes would be a great tool for those with short attention spans, and I think they should definitely look into doing that for sure, but the hour-long video really gets people engulfed and excited about the movement.

Dave Aiello
04-07-2011, 03:21 AM
bump

Sentinelrv
04-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I watched the original and loved it, but I felt this version along with the shorter running time held my attention better. There are major improvements I wanted to suggest though. Let's discuss the current shorter version first. It starts off by immediately separating Ron Paul from the establishment Republican candidates. It shows the GOP candidates as being all the same, saying the same things, arguing about the same petty issues and their massive support for more war. It basically paints them as offering no real change whatsoever. Ron Paul on the other hand is shown to have a deep knowledge about the issues and how doing what the governement has been doing has gotten us the results that we're facing at this moment. It shows that he's a principled and truthful person that cares deeply for the country, the constitution and the liberty and freedom of everyone and that he stood up to those war mongers on national television and spoke about the things he believed in without backing down.

It then goes on to show that these debates ignited a major grassroots campaign in support of his presidency, showing all the supporters, how they each contributed in their own way through all the various projects that were taken on, especially the massive money bombs that took place, earning Paul millions of dollars. We also see though how the establishment was against a principled and truthful person like Ron Paul interfering with their election, how the establishment candidates made fun of him to his face and how the media discounted him as a serious contender for the presidency, ultimately ending with the nomination of John McCain and Ron Paul dropping out of the race.

What's spectacular though is that it doesn't end with Ron dropping out of the race. Instead, it shows Ron's supporters pushing on without him running for president. It goes on to show their protest of McCain's nomination, the Rally for the Republic and their dedication to freedom, liberty and the ideas that Dr. Paul has taught them over the course of his campaign. Instead of just fading away, Ron's supporters have only just started in this battle.

I think this is a good ending for a candidate who isn't going to run anymore. It shows the story of someone that sparked a revolution, but ultimately failed to conquer the establishment and the media that turned against him. To somebody not familiar with Ron Paul, watching this should help to convert them into a fan of Ron Paul, but it doesn't do anything to ingrain the belief that Ron Paul has a very good chance to win in 2012. The belief that he can win is one of the most important, if not the most important thing that we need to communicate to people. I know plenty of people that like him but wouldn't vote for him because they don't believe it will make a difference. This belief will allow people the freedom to act on their support of Ron Paul. If any of you guys here read my huge self-development thread on this forum a while back, in order to accomplish any goal, you need both "desire" for the goal and the "belief" that it can be accomplished. If either one is lacking, people will not act to accomplish that goal. It's as simple as that.

With the video in its current form, you ignite a very strong desire in people to see Ron Paul as president. What you need to work on now is the second half of the equation, figuring out how to develop that belief in people watching it that he can win. Here is my suggestion. Leave everything the way it is now, except for the edits you planned to incorporate to make it better. What you need to do is take the ending as it is right now at the Rally for the Republic and expand it. This might require you to cut some more unnecessary parts from the first part of the film in order to keep the running time the same. In expanding the ending, what needs to be added are the accomplishments of Ron Paul's grassroots movement since his campaign ended, the Audit the Fed bill gaining mainstream acceptance, the rise of the tea party triggered by Ron's campaign, his son Rand Paul's election to the senate, his massive acceptance and newfound exposure in the media as a ratings powerhouse, our back to back wins at CPAC and finally ending the film with Ron announcing his 2012 bid for the presidency, the viewer's new goal to look forward to. Hopefully you'll have your footage of Ron's announcement within the month.

This might seem like a lot to cover in the short amount of time allowed, but I think it can be done. We don't need to have a full focus on each of these events, maybe a minute to two minutes or even less on each event just glossing over what happened, but they need to be shown back to back, each event propelling Ron even further into the spotlight and the acceptance of the media. There's a lot of acceptance from the media to be shown, such as the hosts of some of these shows begging him to run again, like Dylan Ratigan's recent interview with Ron, or even acceptance from the general public, such as his rise in the polls or his hypothetical tie with Obama. All of this will help to create the perception or belief in the viewer that Ron has accomplished much since the campaign and really can win now. I'd like a comment from you guys on my suggestion if possible. I believe it's probably the most important thing you still need to convey within the film, the belief that he can win in 2012. Then we can mass produce this thing and get it out to potential voters!

Dave Aiello
04-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I actually agree with this, and have mentioned this earlier in the thread. One suggestion to achieve this is to show footage from when Ron polled neck-and-neck with Obama in a hypothetical 2012 campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jyYpYgOeE

You might be able to get a good clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRXzVC_E5s

nayjevin
04-09-2011, 12:08 AM
With the video in its current form, you ignite a very strong desire in people to see Ron Paul as president. What you need to work on now is the second half of the equation, figuring out how to develop that belief in people watching it that he can win.

Great suggestions IMO. You mentioned these, I've added some ideas to it:

-Audit the Fed bill gaining mainstream acceptance
number of cosponsors, Ron as Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy, bernanke hearings

-the rise of the tea party triggered by Ron's campaign
Faneuil Hall tea party in Boston in 2007 (rand spoke), montage of 'tea party'... 'tea party'... 'tea party' from several media pundits and prominent politiicans in succession?

-his son Rand Paul's election to the senate
Rand with his posterboards in the house, his speech to Iowa republicans

- his massive acceptance and newfound exposure in the media as a ratings powerhouse
Perhaps some quotes from GOP leaders in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina? some numbers on media time, appearances, perhaps google news mentions bar graph - mentions in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

-our back to back wins at CPAC and finally ending the film with Ron announcing his 2012 bid for the presidency
Answer the queston what is CPAC? and drive it in that Ron has won the last two

ForLibertyFight
04-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Great video.
It reminded me of the first time I heard the message of liberty. Truly inspirational.

I do want to offer some constructive criticism:

- CPAC victories in 2010 and 2011 need to be included. It will show how the movement has progressed from almost nothing to winning the biggest conservative conventions two years in a row. It will also show people who are exposed to Ron's message for the first time that we HAVE a shot at winning in 2012.
- I think more video "quotes" about Ron Paul need to be included. Things that tell the new viewers about his integrity, message and honesty.
This video IMO would fit right in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38KHSPQLg1s

Continue your great work. :)

Dave Aiello
04-09-2011, 03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38KHSPQLg1s

3:50 - 4:28 is beatuiful. I've never heard a single statement which better describes exactly why we all love Ron Paul. 3:05 - 3:45 is excellent as well.

AdamT
04-09-2011, 08:50 AM

With the video in its current form, you ignite a very strong desire in people to see Ron Paul as president. What you need to work on now is the second half of the equation, figuring out how to develop that belief in people watching it that he can win. Here is my suggestion. Leave everything the way it is now, except for the edits you planned to incorporate to make it better. What you need to do is take the ending as it is right now at the Rally for the Republic and expand it. This might require you to cut some more unnecessary parts from the first part of the film in order to keep the running time the same. In expanding the ending, what needs to be added are the accomplishments of Ron Paul's grassroots movement since his campaign ended, the Audit the Fed bill gaining mainstream acceptance, the rise of the tea party triggered by Ron's campaign, his son Rand Paul's election to the senate, his massive acceptance and newfound exposure in the media as a ratings powerhouse, our back to back wins at CPAC and finally ending the film with Ron announcing his 2012 bid for the presidency, the viewer's new goal to look forward to. Hopefully you'll have your footage of Ron's announcement within the month.

This might seem like a lot to cover in the short amount of time allowed, but I think it can be done. We don't need to have a full focus on each of these events, maybe a minute to two minutes or even less on each event just glossing over what happened, but they need to be shown back to back, each event propelling Ron even further into the spotlight and the acceptance of the media. There's a lot of acceptance from the media to be shown, such as the hosts of some of these shows begging him to run again, like Dylan Ratigan's recent interview with Ron, or even acceptance from the general public, such as his rise in the polls or his hypothetical tie with Obama. All of this will help to create the perception or belief in the viewer that Ron has accomplished much since the campaign and really can win now. I'd like a comment from you guys on my suggestion if possible. I believe it's probably the most important thing you still need to convey within the film, the belief that he can win in 2012. Then we can mass produce this thing and get it out to potential voters!

I understand the need for this, and thanks for the thorough run-down. This is something I've thought about before, but the way you spelled it out was really good. I think this might be doable, but we don't have any interviews covering the storyline after the Rally. I may be able to shoot a new interview with Jack Hunter (he will be here in WI the end of April) that could cover some of it.

I am thinking this section could maybe stand apart from the rest, in that it might look different or be in a slightly different style. Could this be an Avaroth-style 3-4 min section kind of stepping through time following the Rally up until the 2012 announcement?

What I would need are the best Youtube clips that can be assembled with the best soundbytes to tell the story building up to the 2012 announcement. We can take care of the rest, but any help assembling these YTs would really help make this happen, as it wasn't something we had originally planned on doing.

Yeah, a lot has happened since 2008, and RP has been on countless programs for interviews - but we just want the best bits out of all that to effectively do the job. Much will have to be skipped over. He's given good speeches at CPAC 2010 & 2011 (have footage from both), but we need the absolute best bits of the story to do it in a speedy manner with the most impact. Then the 2012 announcement clip (when it happens lol) will be the last clip.

Need to lay out a storyboard of what clips (with timecodes) and in what order. Anyone want to assist with this?

nayjevin
04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
I am thinking this section could maybe stand apart from the rest, in that it might look different or be in a slightly different style.

I had a similar thought, kind of picturing a dvd menu with two videos, split down the middle, one side 'for liberty - the story of last election' and the other side 'the plan for this election.'

Need to lay out a storyboard of what clips (with timecodes) and in what order. Anyone want to assist with this?

I've always worked by allowing this to happen during production, I suppose I get a pretty good idea in my head of what I want, but it tends to work out organically. I'm not all that experienced though, what are your thoughts on this? Glad to help but I don't see how one person could make a storyboard then another make a video. Maybe folks give suggestions with more specific timecodes and leave the rest up to the artist?

AdamT
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I had a similar thought, kind of picturing a dvd menu with two videos, split down the middle, one side 'for liberty - the story of last election' and the other side 'the plan for this election.'

I envision the new section immediately following the last clip at the Rally where RP is waving in slow-mo. The music there might even get edited to carry a little bit over into the new section as a transition. Then a new song might start up with the new section to deliver this thing in an uplifting way. Essentially where the credits/blooper section is now. It would go there in place of that (credits/bloopers will likely be cut in it's current form).

I've always worked by allowing this to happen during production, I suppose I get a pretty good idea in my head of what I want, but it tends to work out organically. I'm not all that experienced though, what are your thoughts on this? Glad to help but I don't see how one person could make a storyboard then another make a video. Maybe folks give suggestions with more specific timecodes and leave the rest up to the artist?

Bad wording on "storyboard", meant more of a shot list of YT links with timecodes of the needed soundbytes.

Sentinelrv
04-09-2011, 11:41 AM
If you're actually thinking about doing this then you might want to start a new thread solely for getting help in creating this new section. This thread is currently dedicated to something else and many people may not be visiting it anymore because they think they already know what it's about. If you create a new thread, maybe include my quote there and then tell people what you need from them in order for this to get done, what kinds of video clips for which events. I'm sure a new discussion will evolve out of this adding a lot more ideas to how it could be done, what should be included and why. I'd also post it in the Ron Paul Grassroots Central forum, because it will get lost in General Politics, just as what's happening to this thread.

QueenB4Liberty
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I think it was a great re-cut, it gets me so excited everytime I watch it. I can't wait. I definitely think adding clips in of him polling neck and neck with Obama and other people encouraging him to run (Dylan Ratigan) are good additions.

Dave Aiello
04-21-2011, 01:23 AM
much needed bump

Eric21ND
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE1tyaNKyRU&

Not sure how I missed this video in the past!! One of the best "get to know Ron" video's I have seen.

If there was one video to introduce Ron Paul to people I would probably give them this video to watch. I love how he talks about being a doctor, his military experience, and his family. All three topics are winners and you can literally see Dr. Paul glowing when talking about delivering babies. He comes across so cute and charming. And if he comes across that way to me, women would eat this up! :rolleyes:

Vessol
04-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Excellent stuff.

Eric21ND
04-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Have looked into it and BR is approx 3x the cost to manufacture vs DVD. There are other problems though.....authoring one of these is vastly more complex, right now I don't own a BR burner or any of the software that would be needed to author. Just not sure it's the right time for a BR, especially considering these are meant for handouts.

Another thing is acquiring 720p or better version of the bonus material sections would be really difficult. People make these as web videos and probably aren't thinking about HD. Some might not even be sourced in HD, so the benefits of the BR format would be moreless wasted. The Doc is sourced at 720p 24p, so that would look beautiful. But the rest....
Good points, thanks for looking into anyway. 720p looks quite nice so no complaints. Cost is a factor as well, I know I want to be able to put these in the hands of every primary voter in Iowa.

Eric21ND
04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQpeldFJG_Y

This video doesn't get any love around here not sure why, but I think its great. If you wanted to invoke a sadness to losing the campaign in 2008, I suggest using this song, or maybe it could be used when the credits roll, either way its a powerful song.

This song was written and performed at CAMELOT CASTLE HOTEL, ENGLAND written and performed by John Mappin. It is dedicated to RON PAUL and is a tribute to the wonderful work that he is doing. More details at www.camelotcastle.com and at www.ripplesofpeace.org

Eric21ND
04-23-2011, 07:57 AM
We need more intellectuals speaking well of Dr. Paul....more Thomas Woods, more Michael Scheuer, more Daniel Hannan. Maybe we can include something on the extras. Scheuer has a great video on youtube thats 40 mins long and Hannan had an amazing exchange with Sean Hannity over foreign policy and Hannity got owned. Both pieces back up Ron Paul's position wholeheartedly.

Eric21ND
04-23-2011, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8APprYhK2g

Found another good video with a Vietnam veteran.

extrmmxer
04-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Fantastic cut version. Huge asset for 2012. Thanks for all your hard work.

Eric21ND
04-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Whats the status?

AdamT
04-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Just finished shooting a new interview with Jack Hunter to drive the addendum section. Great commentary from Jack, he walked us through the end of 2008 up to the 2012 announcement. Here's a still.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/hunter_new_corrected.jpg

Sentinelrv
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
So you're going ahead with the expansion at the end of the video then? If so, that's great because this will be a great tool used to convert people.

AdamT
04-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Yep, new 4 minute ending is what we're planning.

fj45lvr
05-01-2011, 02:33 AM
there is time restraints of course but it would be nice for the mentally challenged to engage in critical thinking to give a bit more biographical info on those commenting on Paul and the campaign.

AdamT
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Update. The new Addendum section at the end is moreless done, coming in at just under 5 minutes. Waiting on final music approvals and a couple other things and then we'll post it to check out.

Taking into account the various critiques since posting the draft Re-cut version (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?285512-Re-cutting-quot-FOR-LIBERTY-quot-to-be-used-as-a-RP-R3V-2012-campaign-tool-View-within&p=3182413&viewfull=1#post3182413), we're now making a 2nd pass through making changes.

Working on revising the original artwork into a square for the re-cut sleeve, which was a challenge since the original was a tall rectangle. We've changed the subtitle up a bit on the front to be better suited as 2012 campaign handouts. Interested in getting some opinions on the "The Ongoing Story Of" line.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/recut_front2.jpg

Here's the color sleeve template the DVDs will come packaged in. It's like a little envelope (you see these with music promo CDs a lot).

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/s100.jpg

The back isn't done yet, but will be similar to a Ron Paul lit push card with opened-ended questions as suggested by a friend.

On the back, rather than just having bullet points of statements, consider including some open ended questions for the reader. This get them to think about the issues rather than them feeling like they are just being preached to. For example, rather than just saying "Ron Paul wants to end the Fed" say, "Why should a private central bank control our currency?" The questions should be inciting, unanswerable to the Average Joe, and make them want to watch the movie to get the answers.

Need a good list of the open-ended questions, and perhaps other brief info to include on the back. Open to suggestions on all of this.

sailingaway
05-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Sounds and looks great!

QueenB4Liberty
05-23-2011, 04:48 PM
So you've only added 5 extra minutes to what you took from the old version? That's cool, I can't wait to see it!

AdamT
05-23-2011, 04:52 PM
So you've only added 5 extra minutes to what you took from the old version? That's cool, I can't wait to see it!

Yes, about 5 mins with the new Addendum at the end. Going through the 2nd pass we're cutting more as well, maybe a couple minutes total. Goal is to keep everything just under an hour.

QueenB4Liberty
05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh that is a good idea! So you'll post where we can buy/watch the DVD when you finish?

Sentinelrv
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Did you include anything about the CNN poll saying Ron has a bigger chance than any other Republican to beat obama. Also, is there anymore emphasis on the economy this time around, since that's the #1 issue for people?

Lothario
05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
This tagline is a million times better than the instantly depressing watering withering trees one.

AdamT
05-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Did you include anything about the CNN poll saying Ron has a bigger chance than any other Republican to beat obama. Also, is there anymore emphasis on the economy this time around, since that's the #1 issue for people?

Have been debating that actually. Would've been nice if he had been ahead of Obama, but he was behind him. People could take that a lot of different ways, so not sure about including it. The new Addendum section touches on the other issue you mentioned, in a subtle way.

This tagline is a million times better than the instantly depressing watering withering trees one.

Not sure why it was "instantly depressing", but the update is a fresh breath and intended for the 2012 crowd.

AdamT
05-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh that is a good idea! So you'll post where we can buy/watch the DVD when you finish?

Yes, we'll be launching a new site specifically to get the re-cut. They will be very cheap, just above cost. Something like $.95/ea in bulk quantities.

Lothario
05-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Not sure why it was "instantly depressing", but the update is a fresh breath and intended for the 2012 crowd.

Depressing only in that, while the message was intended to be positive, I personally couldn't shake the bleak and negative imagery. Kind of like a tamer effect of having a tagline: "Ron Paul - resolving all the death, destruction, and tears filling the streets." Every time I read it, my thoughts went unintentionally wandering along these lines, "Ron Paul - blah blah trees withering and dying blah blah - wait, this is supposed to be pro-Ron Paul, so what did I just read about Ron Paul and 'dead withering trees'? Oh yea, watering withered trees - ok. wait, why are we talking about withering trees? Oh, these are liberty trees, they're all dead, but not because of Ron Paul, so it's Ron Paul that needs to water them. ok. that makes sense."

So that there is the long drawn out explanation of what was essentially a 2 second mental process. Maybe it's just a result of some devastating combination of my OCD and ADHD...But props to a newer and more positive tagline - and as said before, the actual product that you've created is absolutely invaluable and historic. The fact that this video is in existence is beyond incredible.

Maybe like a combination of - 'the ongoing story of inspiration, peace, and something about the human spirit and/or reason'

dannno
05-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Woohooo! I made the final cut!!

I approve!

AdamT
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Depressing only in that, while the message was intended to be positive, I personally couldn't shake the bleak and negative imagery. Kind of like a tamer effect of having a tagline: "Ron Paul - resolving all the death, destruction, and tears filling the streets." Every time I read it, my thoughts went unintentionally wandering along these lines, "Ron Paul - blah blah trees withering and dying blah blah - wait, this is supposed to be pro-Ron Paul, so what did I just read about Ron Paul and 'dead withering trees'? Oh yea, watering withered trees - ok. wait, why are we talking about withering trees? Oh, these are liberty trees, they're all dead, but not because of Ron Paul, so it's Ron Paul that needs to water them. ok. that makes sense."

So that there is the long drawn out explanation of what was essentially a 2 second mental process. Maybe it's just a result of some devastating combination of my OCD and ADHD...But props to a newer and more positive tagline - and as said before, the actual product that you've created is absolutely invaluable and historic. The fact that this video is in existence is beyond incredible.

Maybe like a combination of - 'the ongoing story of inspiration, peace, and something about the human spirit and/or reason'

Understood. It is somewhat depressing the mass public has turned a blind eye to their Constitution and founding principles. Maybe that's what you're finding depressing? Well, we're hoping to at least play a role in correcting that :)

Thanks for the support.

AdamT
05-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Woohooo! I made the final cut!!

I approve!

Dannno, where are you at?

dannno
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Dannno, where are you at?

42:16 - 42:18

Right up front, silver sunglasses, long hair

Joey Fuller
05-24-2011, 08:51 AM
awesome job.. let's get this produced.. so we can put them in the hands of potential voters.

AdamT
05-24-2011, 10:07 AM
42:16 - 42:18

Right up front, silver sunglasses, long hair

Ha! Nice, found you.

gbozic
05-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Great Video Edit!
Can we add anything about Aime Allen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3_hDAEHLyo) - Ron Paul Music Anthem or Jordan Page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIcfjUp-HZc) - RP music, some famous people who donated to Ron Paul like Barry Manilow and others, Adam Corrola... These are just thoughts being thrown out there, otherwise I love all the proud goose bumps and RE-Motivation I'm feeling right about NOW!

12on PAUL ! :)

ronpaulhawaii
05-26-2011, 05:10 PM
This project may be in competition with this one

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/palin-readies-east-coast-tour-amid-presidential-speculation/2011/05/26/AGGhZ5BH_story.html

The announcement of the Palin tour coincides with news, first reported in Real Clear Politics, that a full-length documentary by conservative filmmaker Stephen K. Bannon charting her political rise in Alaska will debut in Iowa next month, with plans to also show it in New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina.

R3volutionJedi
05-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I was thinking about this today. I'm glad it's done? almost done? will be done!!

AdamT
06-04-2011, 01:35 AM
We worked on this a bunch tonight and are moreless finished. All we're waiting on is to clear a couple new songs in the ending addendum and we'll post the updated version to check out. We might go with a 4-panel wallet fold sleeve to give more room for graphics and RP campaign info, bullet points, etc. Waiting on a quote on the difference vs the 2-panel. Soon, stay tuned.

AdamT
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
After looking at the available print space on the original 2-panel sleeve idea (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?285512-Re-cutting-quot-FOR-LIBERTY-quot-to-be-used-as-a-RP-R3V-2012-campaign-tool-View-within&p=3294938&viewfull=1#post3294938), it seemed like having such little space on the back was not the best idea. Seeing we want these to be beautiful printed lit pieces (in addition to the film inside) we're considering changing to a 4-panel wallet fold sleeve. This sleeve gives us 2 additional panels for full color graphics and text, albeit viewable once the item is opened up.

The problem is they cost a little more, but if we run a larger quantity we can make up the cost difference. Wanted to see what people had to say about it. Go with the 4-panel wallet to get additional space? Or stick with the 2-panel?

4-PANEL WALLET FOLD

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/1094die.jpg

EXAMPLE PIECE

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/4p-wallet-sleeve.jpg

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
how much is a little more?

AdamT
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
At lower quantities the difference would be around $.11/ea. If we increase the quantity the difference becomes a wash with the 2-panel at lower quantities. So it will take a 2x larger initial investment on our end to get the price down.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I think the additional space is worth more than you'll end up paying for it. Do you think you can sell what you order?

What quantity were you going to order if you get the 4 panel?

AdamT
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the additional space is worth more than you'll end up paying for it. Do you think you can sell what you order?

What quantity were you going to order if you get the 4 panel?

4-panel would be 25,000 units vs 10,000 for the 2-panel to get the better pricing, making them essentially the same cost. A grassroots group in IA & NH contacted us a couple weeks ago wanting 50,000 to hand out in the 2 states, having chosen our re-cut as the piece they wanted to push to voters. If that happened we could run a much larger quantity and get even better pricing. I'm not too worried about moving out the stock once we get it in, and once the campaign really gets moving.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM
4-panel would be 25,000 units vs 10,000 for the 2-panel to get the better pricing, making them essentially the same cost. A grassroots group in IA & NH contacted us a couple weeks ago wanting 50,000 to hand out in the 2 states. If that happened we could run a much larger quantity and get even better pricing. I'm not too worried about moving out the stock once we get it in, and once the campaign really gets moving.

Then as long as you can handle the extra initial costs, go for it! absolutely!

4-panels would be fantastic. I really don't see the downside :) (your personal finances not being a factor in my no-downside perspective :p)

AdamT
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM
That's my thinking too. We'll need to raise a good chunk of cash to get thinks rolling. Considering opening up pre-orders soon.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
That's my thinking too. We'll need to raise a good chunk of cash to get thinks rolling. Considering opening up pre-orders soon.

You might want to consider hitting up some of Ron Paul's more distinguished (rich) supporters to help with the initial costs, too. These DVDs will be a great tool to go door-to-door with, fair booths, conference booths, pass out at the mall, etc. Business owners can even put a stack at the cash register with a sign that says "Free DVD!". There are gas stations with a dvd rack that might sell them. All kinds of possibilities for these. I bet when all is said and done, even you will be amazed at how many of these you moved.

Sentinelrv
06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
The 4 panel sleeve is a better idea not only because it contains more space, but because that extra space acts as an advertisement convincing people to watch the DVD in the first place. A lot of people will be given the DVD, but the question is whether they will actually watch it. You need to take very special care in what's included on the sleeve in order to maximize viewership.

AdamT
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
The 4 panel sleeve is a better idea not only because it contains more space, but because that extra space acts as an advertisement convincing people to watch the DVD in the first place. A lot of people will be given the DVD, but the question is whether they will actually watch it. You need to take very special care in what's included on the sleeve in order to maximize viewership.

Yes exactly. Taking very special care with this.

Eric21ND
06-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I've been eagerly awaiting these. My meetup would probably do 500-1000 units for the initial buy.

Esoteric
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Guys, I know you're probably just wanting to wrap this thing up, but I noticed a bit of a flaw with the video.

If someone who doesn't know a thing about Ron Paul watches this video, they will come away with zero idea of his knowledge of economics, or knowing that he predicted the housing collapse in 2003.

This clip is probably the single most powerful tool we have in conveying that message:

Starts at 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826q7RqTEk8

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 04:52 PM
If it's too late to add in more economic clips to the final cut, then maybe one of the panels can be dedicated to Ron Paul's economic credentials.

Eric21ND
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
That picture of Reagan and Paul should go on the inner sleeve somewhere along with text.

jmdrake
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
We should pass out thousands, no millions of copies of this DVD to the crowds gathered to watch the fireworks on July 4th.

Eric21ND
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
We should pass out thousands, no millions of copies of this DVD to the crowds gathered to watch the fireworks on July 4th. That's a simple, yet brilliant idea!

AdamT
06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
We should pass out thousands, no millions of copies of this DVD to the crowds gathered to watch the fireworks on July 4th.

You've just lit a fire under our asses to get this thing done!

Eric21ND
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
This might be a minor point, but I was wondering what paper stock you're using for the sleeve? Is it glossy paper or matte type paper?

AdamT
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
This might be a minor point, but I was wondering what paper stock you're using for the sleeve? Is it glossy paper or matte type paper?

Glossy stock #15 weight.

sevin
06-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Guys, I know you're probably just wanting to wrap this thing up, but I noticed a bit of a flaw with the video.

If someone who doesn't know a thing about Ron Paul watches this video, they will come away with zero idea of his knowledge of economics, or knowing that he predicted the housing collapse in 2003.

This clip is probably the single most powerful tool we have in conveying that message:

Starts at 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826q7RqTEk8

I tend to agree. Ron Paul's accurate predictions are what really got me on board back in late 08.

But either way, this is a great idea and I'd like to order a bunch to hand out, especially on July 4th like jmdrake said.

AdamT
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I tend to agree. Ron Paul's accurate predictions are what really got me on board back in late 08.

But either way, this is a great idea and I'd like to order a bunch to hand out, especially on July 4th like jmdrake said.

Just grabbed the clip. We can include this in the bonus material.

SilentBull
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Haven't watched the new version but did see the old. The original is a film for people who already support Paul. How will the new one be "changed" to target possible supporters? I only say this because I remember the DVD that was created and brought to the RNC in 2008, that was supposed to help convince delegates to vote for Paul, and the DVD started by whining about Paul not getting enough media attention. If it did anything, the DVD pissed off people and made them less likely to vote for him.

Some people don't understand the difference between audiences. Looking forward to watching this re-cut version.

AdamT
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Haven't watched the new version but did see the old. The original is a film for people who already support Paul. How will the new one be "changed" to target possible supporters? I only say this because I remember the DVD that was created and brought to the RNC in 2008, that was supposed to help convince delegates to vote for Paul, and the DVD started by whining about Paul not getting enough media attention. If it did anything, the DVD pissed off people and made them less likely to vote for him.

Some people don't understand the difference between audiences. Looking forward to watching this re-cut version.

The general public will be able to relate to the film because of the story it tells and the way it tells it, especially the shorter re-cut. We've heard fantastic stories. The DVD that was taken to the 08 RNC you mentioned was not done by us, I don't recall the exact story surrounding it, but I believe they tried getting RNC delegates to watch it and sway them. I don't think it was very successful in it's intent.

SilentBull
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
The general public will be able to relate to the film because of the story it tells and the way it tells it, especially the shorter re-cut. We've heard fantastic stories. The DVD that was taken to the 08 RNC you mentioned was not done by us, I don't recall the exact story surrounding it, but I believe they tried getting RNC delegates to watch it and sway them. I don't think it was very successful in it's intent.

Cool, thanks. Can't wait to watch it. I loved the original. Have it at home.

AdamT
06-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Draft artwork posted (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297535-New-Re-cut-quot-FOR-LIBERTY-quot-artwork-critique-needed). Critique needed.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Just really quick about listing grassroots websites. I wouldn't list DailyPaul.com. It might be ok to list the Forums, but I'm not sure about that. I would definitely list RonPaulFlix.com.

*Might want to list www.IowaForRonPaul.com

not totally thrilled with the inside left panel image of Ron. Looks a little....haplessly happy?

civusamericanus
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Any idea on ETA? This needs to be released before Palin's movie gets too much publicity. I know you're shooting for July 4th, but it would need to be ready by next week for people to get their orders in for handouts.

It needs to go viral, I thought about posting the old video in various places, but I know we should wait for the new release re-cut version.

trey4sports
06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
We need to get this movie in the hands of every single voting Iowan

Eric21ND
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Not just Iowa, but NH, SC, and NV too.

AdamT
06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Any idea on ETA? This needs to be released before Palin's movie gets too much publicity. I know you're shooting for July 4th, but it would need to be ready by next week for people to get their orders in for handouts.

It needs to go viral, I thought about posting the old video in various places, but I know we should wait for the new release re-cut version.

We should have copies right around the 4th. But unfortunately probably not in time for people to get them by the 4th...sorry about that. Working hard to finish up.

Eric21ND
06-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Can we pre-order the videos yet?

AdamT
06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Can we pre-order the videos yet?

Will be getting a Re-cut specific site up at the RonPaulFilm.com address, but it will likely be next week sometime. For the time being I could add them to the regular doc site (http://www.forlibertymovie.com) as a pre-order, since that is a functioning store. We're kind of debating on the quantity breakdowns we want to offer. Since these are meant for handouts we won't really sell single units.

Am thinking 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 for starters, with each one being a slightly better discount. Do those packs seem about right?

Nate-ForLiberty
06-16-2011, 02:01 AM
obviously too late, but for consideration in adding this to a future cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiW3BmiSTpg

AdamT
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Are you talking as a bonus section?

Nate-ForLiberty
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Are you talking as a bonus section?

whatever works. I just think he did a great job with such an honest and open endorsement that it deserves to get out there.

AdamT
06-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Corey and I just finished the subtitle file for the main program, so we'll have full CC on the re-cut DVD! Man that was rough. 24 hours between the both of us, basically just hammering it out.

Hella thanks to Angelatc though, she wrote the file for the original DVD but we could never get it to sync properly, so we weren't able to use it at the time. But we were able to use much of her work, adjusting it as with the timecodes to get everything in sync. And of course thanks to KramerDSP for encouraging us to do subtitles in the first place. So stoked that's finally done.

Eric21ND
06-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Are you going to upload the final product to that website so we can preview it?

KramerDSP
06-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Corey and I just finished the subtitle file for the main program, so we'll have full CC on the re-cut DVD! Man that was rough. 24 hours between the both of us, basically just hammering it out.

Hella thanks to Angelatc though, she wrote the file for the original DVD but we could never get it to sync properly, so we weren't able to use it at the time. But we were able to use much of her work, adjusting it as with the timecodes to get everything in sync. And of course thanks to KramerDSP for encouraging us to do subtitles in the first place. So stoked that's finally done.

You guys are the absolute best! Great news to come home to after winning a house game poker tournament. I can't wait. I'm glad I didnt have to sue you! (bad joke related to the Netflix lawsuit thread which I will reply to when I wake up tomorrow). I will do everything in my power to distribute the DVD's to the Deaf community.

AdamT
06-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Tease of the new section haha.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/subs.jpg

angelatc
06-18-2011, 11:03 AM

Cool. I am so glad you're able to use it. Not being able to get that to sync the first time was seriously one of my biggest disappointments, especially because I was on such a high while working on it.

AdamT
06-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Are you going to upload the final product to that website so we can preview it?

Got it up. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?299618-quot-FOR-LIBERTY-quot-re-cut-2012-campaign-tool-New-version-view-within)

Fractal_Outlook
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
59:09 (59:04-05 on the in-video timer) has a pretty severe audio edit... almost like it wasn't actually a sentence originally spoken. That's the only thing I noticed though.

Nice work.

bb_dg
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
That was wonderful, just wonderful. I'm sure if people would see this video, they would begin supporting Ron Paul.

Deborah K
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment. http://i49.tinypic.com/2ptdm34.jpg

Sentinelrv
06-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Adam, I think you should substitute the video in the first post of this thread with the new updated version. Some people may be watching the outdated version here for the first time instead of the new one.

AdamT
06-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Adam, I think you should substitute the video in the first post of this thread with the new updated version. Some people may be watching the outdated version here for the first time instead of the new one.

Done, good suggestion.

Deborah K
06-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Chris, what about making campaign commercials for primetime TV out of excerpts of this cut?

AdamT
06-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Chris, what about making campaign commercials for primetime TV out of excerpts of this cut?

Whatever you need let me know.

Deborah K
06-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Whatever you need let me know.

Thank you Chris.

Darin
06-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey, this was great. I just watched the full 2 hour 2008-campaign version a week or so ago with a friend who already seemed to like what little he knew of Ron Paul, but I think this convinced him, and was a good way to learn more.

I watched the re-cut soon after that, and I thought you guys did a great job on that. I may be commenting on a previous version... I'm about to watch the latest, so I apologize if my comments don't reflect the latest version. I have only a few.

1.) I wasn't big on was the kid that was like "spread the message!" because when I see kids say suff like that I feel it's not very genuine as kids just go along with whatever. I mean it's cool to teach kids and to see them interested, but to have them as advocates to me seems like they're being taken advantage of. It's easy for people to discount a message when they see something like that.

2.) I wish the ending would've transitioned to the current campaign. It's not easy to recognize at the end that he is running again this time. So while I like that it ends with the message that the idea and the revolution live on, and it is optimistic, it didn't leave people with a way to get involved or continue the revolution through the current campaign. It might've been nice to see his 2012 announcement, and maybe part of the straw poll speech where he talks about striving for virtue, and that the brushfires are spreading or whatever.

3.) I really liked the old intro of them handing out the constitutions at the Packers game. It was a nice way to bring people in without getting too political right off the bat. The new intro might be seen a little more as a slam against everyone else right off the bat. No big deal though.

3a.) Minor... but in the 'television' intro, I don't really care for Gravel and Kucinich being in there. Neither were part of the same rhetoric last time, and Kucinich and Paul work together quite a bit for the Constitution.

Anyway, I really like the recut. It took a lot of the 'nerdy' parts out, stayed just as (or more) interesting as the long version, and conveyed the same message. I like all of the new footage as well.

It would be cool if the HD version was included as a PC-only mp4 on the disc, although that might take too much space. Maybe provided via bittorrent, donations, or for purchase on the site. I watched the HD Youtube version (THANK YOU for putting that up on Youtube!), and it looked great!

Deborah K: Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment.

HAHA. No way! Me and my friend laughed a lot at that. I loved it! Please don't take offense with that, by the way. I thought it was a great moment because I think it conveyed the overall feeling of most people involved at that point, and I thought it helped connect people who weren't involved last time to that feeling. Everyone feels like that sometime, so I think it was something everyone could relate to.

- Darin

Darin
06-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Just finished watching the new cut. If I watched it before I posted, I'd barely have anything to comment on!

I don't know if you guys are done editing this, but I saw this clip the other day where Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams talk about the changes that have taken place since the last campaign because of Ron Paul. It's a perfect summation.

Youtube - Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams on The Age of Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5jvi4n3a4&t=20s) (about 20 seconds in)

Anyway, hope I'm not overstepping my bounds with comments and suggestions. Thanks again for the film, and I really enjoyed it!

- Darin

Deborah K
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Deborah K: Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment.

HAHA. No way! Me and my friend laughed a lot at that. I loved it! Please don't take offense with that, by the way. I thought it was a great moment because I think it conveyed the overall feeling of most people involved at that point, and I thought it helped connect people who weren't involved last time to that feeling. Everyone feels like that sometime, so I think it was something everyone could relate to.
- Darin

hehe, yeah I've heard that before, but don't you think, for campaign purposes it was best to remove it for this cut? I most certainly do! Glad you liked it though. :)

AdamT
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Just finished watching the new cut. If I watched it before I posted, I'd barely have anything to comment on!

I don't know if you guys are done editing this, but I saw this clip the other day where Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams talk about the changes that have taken place since the last campaign because of Ron Paul. It's a perfect summation.

Youtube - Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams on The Age of Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5jvi4n3a4&t=20s) (about 20 seconds in)

Anyway, hope I'm not overstepping my bounds with comments and suggestions. Thanks again for the film, and I really enjoyed it!

- Darin

Sounds like we addressed most all your concerns with the updated version then?

The Moravian
06-27-2011, 07:44 PM
As with every story, advertisement or movie production, a very important question is..."who is the intended audience?"

A video with so much material (especially right at the beginning) about ending the wars (because the main topic of the last presidential election turned out to be foreign policy, so the early clips of 2008 are about ending the wars) would mean that the most likely audience for this video is those most likely to accept the anti-war position, especially those who consider that to be the most important thing. Most of them voted for Obama in 2008, and tend to be of the younger generation.

So, with that in mind, I would tailor the music, graphics, and any other variable that can be changed, to the younger audience, and especially Obama voters, and think of how to show that Dr Paul was who they really wanted to support, but they just didn't hear about him until it was too late.

I met a lot of people like that over the past 3 years who registered Democrat to vote in the 2008 primaries because they believed the lie that "all the Republicans are for the war in Iraq" and, simply reacting to the partisan tactic, ended up supporting Obama in the primaries and certainly the general election 2008.

Whether there is enough people like that in Iowa, NH, South Carolina and Nevada is another thing, however, so I think there needs to be a second strategy running parallel to that: an economic and monetary policy message geared toward people opposed to the bailouts and Federal Reserve.

There is a great need to get an economic based message out, targeting fiscal conservatives and people who tend to be older and also more likely to vote in the Republican primaries in these states, but aren't totally committed to military interventionism or non-interventionism. That is a different audience than the most likely "For Liberty" audience, so a completely different project would be needed to reach those voters.

Most of the videos and projects we see on RP websites are made by younger people and tend to be fit for younger audiences, though this is unintentional and not a bad thing. But it may take some intentional audience-based targeting to make videos, flyers, and other ads that would appeal to older and/or economically concerned Republican voters.

I am a mapping person, not a video maker or marketer, and I am focusing on what I do best, geographically mapping likely voters for door-to-door canvassing purposes. I can't make videos anyone would find worth watching, nor do I have the software or hardware to do that, so I am hoping that people with video and marketing skills can take up the task.

Please, we really need some videos that highlight Dr Paul's economic and monetary policies that are made with the audience of fiscal conservatives in mind.

Thank you.

AdamT
07-03-2011, 04:18 PM
New store is up. We are now accepting pre-orders. Should start shipping on or around July 15th.

http://ronpaulfilm.com