PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Trump fails to produce birth certificate

teacherone
03-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Donald Trump made headlines earlier today when he provided what he said was a copy of his birth certificate -- but a quick check reveals it's actually not an official document.

The paper that Trump released says "Jamaica Hospital" on top and lists the date and time of what he says was his birth to "Mr. and Mrs. Fred C. Trump." The piece of paper has a seal at the bottom.

But after several New York City-based readers contacted POLITICO's Maggie Haberman, her call to city officials revealed that an actual birth certificate, which is issued by the Department of Health, would have the agency's seal and also a signature of the city registrar - neither of which the Trump document has. Officials said the city Health Department is the "sole issuing authority" of official birth certificates in New York, and that the document would clearly say so, and "city officials said it's not an official document."

It appears instead to be a hospital "certificate of birth," meaning the piece of paper the hospital gave to his family saying he was born. Such a document typically has the signature of the hospital administrator and the attending physician.

Trump lawyer and advisor Michael Cohen didn't respond to Haberman's question about the document.

Trump's mother, it should be noted, was born in Scotland, which is not part of the United States. His plane is registered in the Bahamas, also a foreign country. This fact pattern -- along with the wave of new questions surrounding what he claims is a birth certificate -- raises serious doubts about his eligibility to serve as President of the United States.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0311/Trump_fails_to_produce_birth_certificate.html

lulz

PaleoForPaul
03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
It appears instead to be a hospital "certificate of birth," meaning the piece of paper the hospital gave to his family saying he was born.

Isn't this exactly what Obama has produced? He might have done that on purpose to prove a point...

Ahh, a little googling produced this:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/03/donald-trump-releases-official-birth-certificate.html

Jump through the spin to this paragraph:

"A 'birth certificate' and a 'certificate of live birth' are in no way the same thing, even though in some cases they use some of the same words," wrote Trump staffer Thuy Colayco in a message to ABC News. "One officially confirms and records a newborn child’s identity and details of his or her birth, while the other only confirms that someone reported the birth of a child. Also, a 'certificate of live birth' is very easy to get because the standards are much lower, while a 'birth certificate' is only gotten through a long and detailed process wherein identity must be proved beyond any doubt. If you had only a certificate of live birth, you would not be able to get a proper passport from the Post Office or a driver’s license from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Therefore, there is very significant difference between a 'certificate of live birth' and a 'birth certificate' and one should never be confused with the other."

Knowing Trump's typical showmanship, this might have been a scam from the start.

specsaregood
03-29-2011, 01:43 PM
He might have done that on purpose to prove a point...

Knowing Trump's typical showmanship, this might have been a scam from the start.

Of course it has been. He is a democrat operative. He is playing the birthers for suckers.

PaleoForPaul
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Of course it has been. He is a democrat operative. He is playing the birthers for suckers.

I've read people proposing the idea before, but where is the proof? Or the evidence? Trump wanted to run as a Republican in 2000.

specsaregood
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I've read people proposing the idea before, but where is the proof? Or the evidence? Trump wanted to run as a Republican in 2000.

Yeah, because so many republicans line up to donate to Rahm Emanuel's campaign.

PaleoForPaul
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, because so many republicans line up to donate to Rahm Emanuel's campaign.

Ahh, no shit he did? This is exactly what I was looking for, without the asshole tone of course, but either way thanks.

PaleoForPaul
03-29-2011, 02:13 PM
A little googling comes up with:

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/02/donald-trumps-donations-to-democrats.html

The full list makes it much worse than just Rahm.

specsaregood
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
The full list makes it much worse than just Rahm.

Yup, he is a full-fledged no holds barred "republican" alright.

PaleoForPaul
03-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Yup, he is a full-fledged no holds barred "republican" alright.

For anyone who doesn't bother to click, here is a partial list:

Charlie Rangel
Ted Kennedy
John Kerry
Joe Biden
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

BlackTerrel
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Donald Trump was born in Kenya.... clearly.

Of course no one will make that claim... I wonder why :rolleyes:

AZKing
03-30-2011, 01:44 AM

I'll make it :>

Trump was obviously born in Kenya and this is all a big conspiracy to get us to vote in another Lizard-Kenyan.

Wait, what?

PaleoForPaul
03-30-2011, 09:42 AM

Maybe because his parents weren't from there? If you need help with anything else, just ask.

amy31416
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Because we're all racists who recognize that there aren't many white people born in Kenya?

Do I win?

Here, I'll double-down--not many black people are born in Iceland. :p

BlackTerrel
03-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Because we're all racists who recognize that there aren't many white people born in Kenya?

Do I win?

Here, I'll double-down--not many black people are born in Iceland. :p

What exactly is the evidence he was born in Kenya? His dad is from there?

amy31416
03-30-2011, 09:04 PM
What exactly is the evidence he was born in Kenya? His dad is from there?

I have zero evidence of anything on Obama's birth--just like everyone else who yaps on about it.

BlackTerrel
03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I have zero evidence of anything on Obama's birth--just like everyone else who yaps on about it.

And just as much on Donald Trump's birth.

But no one says Donald Trump was born in Kenya... Or Ireland.

amy31416
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
And just as much on Donald Trump's birth.

But no one says Donald Trump was born in Kenya... Or Ireland.

It's a joke, man. Though it is more reasonable to think that Obama could have been born in Kenya than Trump, given his background--which I don't think is in dispute. Trump's dad isn't a black man from Kenya. And the implication you seem to be making is that to recognize that makes a person a racist. Now if Trump's dad was a whiskey-swilling Irishman, perhaps similar charges could be leveled at him--is his dad Irish?

I'm not a "birther" so I'm not going to get tangled up in a silly argument about it.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
It's a joke, man. Though it is more reasonable to think that Obama could have been born in Kenya than Trump, given his background--which I don't think is in dispute. Trump's dad isn't a black man from Kenya. And the implication you seem to be making is that to recognize that makes a person a racist. Now if Trump's dad was a whiskey-swilling Irishman, perhaps similar charges could be leveled at him--is his dad Irish?

I'm not a "birther" so I'm not going to get tangled up in a silly argument about it.

I have no idea. The point is I don't think someone is not American just because their dad was born somewhere else. So what?

MozoVote
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Dondal Trump is the joke candidate of 2012. Kind of like John Cox or perhaps Rudy Guliani back in 2008. (I never took Guliani seriously as a candidate, and obviously many other GOP primary voters did not either.)