PDA

View Full Version : The "tea party" online "matchup" poll

jmdrake
03-29-2011, 09:06 AM
h xxp://myteaparty.org/results/

Note, you don't just get a list of people and vote. Instead they give you "matchups". You might have to go through 10 "matchups" of people you don't care about before you get a chance to vote for Dr. Paul.

Also note. If you want to move Dr. Paul and Gary Johnson "up" in the ranks, that might mean voting for someone you don't like in the match-ups. For example, Michael Bloomberg is currently in 28th place at 12% whereas Chris Christie is in 2nd place with 77%. I don't like either one of them, but I like Bloomberg less. Still I'd vote for Bloomberg over Christie in a head to head matchup to keep for driving Christie's numbers up further. So when I vote on this (and you can vote as much as you want) I keep a results tab and a vote tab open at the same time. (Thanks to whoever invented the tabbed browser).

farrar
03-29-2011, 09:53 AM
h xxp://myteaparty.org/results/

Note, you don't just get a list of people and vote. Instead they give you "matchups". You might have to go through 10 "matchups" of people you don't care about before you get a chance to vote for Dr. Paul.

Also note. If you want to move Dr. Paul and Gary Johnson "up" in the ranks, that might mean voting for someone you don't like in the match-ups. For example, Michael Bloomberg is currently in 28th place at 12% whereas Chris Christie is in 2nd place with 77%. I don't like either one of them, but I like Bloomberg less. Still I'd vote for Bloomberg over Christie in a head to head matchup to keep for driving Christie's numbers up further. So when I vote on this (and you can vote as much as you want) I keep a results tab and a vote tab open at the same time. (Thanks to whoever invented the tabbed browser).

You can also hit the refresh button until paul or johnson shows up. that way you don't affect the other candidates.

sailingaway
03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't even recommend voting in it. Out of about 100 selections I got to vote for Ron only about 6 times and ended up picking De Mint about 15 times. Gary Johnson came up more than Ron, but not by much, which in itself is saying something. The results are entirely a matter of the selections you are given, since you aren't given the ability to vote for anyone you want almost all the time. While that, depressingly, does mirror real life, in this election I intend to have someone I actually want to have win.

sailingaway
03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
You can also hit the refresh button until paul or johnson shows up. that way you don't affect the other candidates.

Oh.

but even so, the fault in the poll is pretty major. I mean Ron comes up BARELY AT ALL next to ANY of the others. Obama and Clinton come up more. Johnson came up a lot more, even, although much less than haley barbour or Paul Ryan who seemed to be on every other screen.

jmdrake
03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh.

but even so, the fault in the poll is pretty major. I mean Ron comes up BARELY AT ALL next to ANY of the others. Obama and Clinton come up more. Johnson came up a lot more, even, although much less than haley barbour or Paul Ryan who seemed to be on every other screen.

Yeah. It does seem rigged.

Chester Copperpot
03-29-2011, 01:04 PM
this vote was dumb.. I voted for 10 people and never once got to Ron Paul.