PDA

View Full Version : Met Dr. Paul Today!

kpfareal
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Just got home from the YAL event at NC State. I got there pretty early (5:30) and somehow wondered my way into a private meet and greet with Dr. Paul put on by YAL. I'm a member of YAL, so I didn't feel bad at all about walking in...

Met Dr. Paul, talked to him for a few minutes, got a few pictures, got him to sign my copy of "Revolution" and the Constitution... I was giddy as a school girl, to say the least.

Here's a couple pictures of me and the good Dr:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/kpfareal/RP1.png

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/kpfareal/RP2.png

I saw Gunny, but every time I tried to walk up and talk to him, someone else beat me to it. Maybe some other time Glen!

I also saw the Southern Avenger walking around.

Great speech by Dr. Paul! He's the first politician I've heard ever mention St. Augustine and ending the war on drugs in the same speech... AMAZING.

This was my first ever "political" event/anything I've ever been to, now I'm hooked.

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Excellent! The media is saying there were about 1000 people there, does that sound right?

tpreitzel
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
nice

Carehn
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
wow. thats would be cool. i once got to ask butch otter my guv what he thought the proper role of government should be. In public as well when he was taking questions. Talk about a deadly question. that would be my top moment at a political event.

kpfareal
03-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Excellent! The media is saying there were about 1000 people there, does that sound right?

I would say AT LEAST that. The hall was pretty big and it was packed out. Jeff Frazee (I think that's how you spell his name) said that they had to add a couple more hundred chairs to accommodate everyone. During the middle of Dr. Paul's speech, I looked in the back and there were probably at least 30-40 standing without seats.

Gunny killed his speech/intro of Ron Paul. Hopefully he can post the text here if he gets a chance.

LibertariaNole
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
damn, over 1000 at NC State? Looks like we've got to work here at FSU. Can't let them beat us

pcosmar
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Very Cool.
:cool:

still waiting for the announcement. ;)

trey4sports
03-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Just got home from the YAL event at NC State. I got there pretty early (5:30) and somehow wondered my way into a private meet and greet with Dr. Paul put on by YAL. I'm a member of YAL, so I didn't feel bad at all about walking in...

Met Dr. Paul, talked to him for a few minutes, got a few pictures, got him to sign my copy of "Revolution" and the Constitution... I was giddy as a school girl, to say the least.

I saw Gunny, but every time I tried to walk up and talk to him, someone else beat me to it. Maybe some other time Glen!

Great speech by Dr. Paul! He's the first politician I've heard ever mention St. Augustine and ending the war on drugs in the same speech... AMAZING.

This was my first ever "political" event/anything I've ever been to, now I'm hooked.

Ron is such a genuine person

dannno
03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Gunny killed his speech/intro of Ron Paul. Hopefully he can post the text here if he gets a chance.

Or better yet, a tube!!

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I would say AT LEAST that. The hall was pretty big and it was packed out. Jeff Frazee (I think that's how you spell his name) said that they had to add a couple more hundred chairs to accommodate everyone. During the middle of Dr. Paul's speech, I looked in the back and there were probably at least 30-40 standing without seats.

He posted a draft here for comments, if you look for a thread from this afternoon named something like 'urgent time critical'.....

I'm glad it went so well!

Sola_Fide
03-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Nice!

Got to love any politician who quotes Augustine:)

Dreamofunity
03-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Anything he specifically talked a lot about which we can use to help promote his speech at FSU?

BlackTerrel
03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
awesome! Thanks for posting.

Knightskye
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Do you remember the St. Augustine quote?

Sola_Fide
03-28-2011, 10:23 PM

Probably something to do with the just war theory.

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Sounds like Ron!

To the OP -- here is the last version of Gunny's speech that he posted, but if you look at the thread he said he had to change the last paragraph because they ended up putting Brady between him and Ron and he had to end it differently. Here's what he posted before he left to give the speech, though:

Good evening freedom fighters!!

It is a great honor to come here tonight, not only to introduce the most important American in generations, but to address you - the last, best hope for the future of North Carolina and the United States.

We stand today at the precipice of either a great tragedy, or a great victory and while the political momentum of decades is working to push us into the abyss, your presence here tonight signals a new hope for America, and for future generations to come, to know the blessings of liberty in the United States. We have seen, and we continue to see that there is no real hope in the Democratic Party, and that there is no real hope in the Republican Party - whether in knowledge or in ignorance, despite our current crisis they have continued the policies and practices that have bankrupted a generation both morally and economically.

The press, who have traditionally served as the watchdogs of a free society have failed us- given over to commercial interests which care more about shaping opinion than they do about reporting the hard news that serves to inform the electorate, and those same commercial interests have dominated the halls of Congress and our State Legislatures for over a century.

Powerful corporate interests broker power and influence in chunks of a hundred thousand dollars, and one re-election at a time. Not long ago, that was simply the way it was, and the way it would always be, but something has changed. We are here tonight, because finally, there is real hope for the future of America, and for once, for the first time in a lifetime liberty is rising again, and dawn has come, and we stand on the edge of a new day in America.

I remember learning the Constitution in school, it was I think around the seventh grade when we learned about the Founders vision of liberty and the Constitution that was intended to protect it. I remember even at that age, I believe it was in 1986, looking at the Constitution and looking at the government, and wondering "what's going on here? This doesn't look anything like the government described in the Constitution!"

And so I became a political loner. I was "that guy" who always thought the government did too much, had too much power, exercised too much control over our lives, and put way, way too many people into prison.

I refused to join any party, and I refused to get involved, as though participating was an act of endorsement for a system that I saw as hopelessly corrupt and utterly irredeemable. When I voted, I voted for the one I thought likely to do the least amount of damage, in the hopes of at least slowing our decent into totalitarianism. Yes, I am ashamed to say that I was apathetic and I voted for the lesser of two evils, but all of that changed in 2007, when I learned about the enigmatic Congressman from Texas, Dr Ron Paul.

I had always thought that it was impossible to have any impact on politics unless you were bought and sold by the special interests, that nobody who truly stood for the Constitution had any chance at elective office because the people were too trapped in what America had become rather than what America was supposed to be. I mourned the loss of the nation that I loved and that I had served in the US Marine Corps, and I had just about lost all hope in March of 2007 when a friend on an Appleseed bulletin board suggested that with my political philosophy I really ought to check out this guy running for President named Ron Paul.

I did just that.

I learned that there really was someone out there who stood for liberty, who stood on the Constitution, and who stood up for the Nation that our Founders intended. I learned that his commitment to the principles of freedom and a Republican form of government weren't just talk, but were backed up by thirty years of a rock solid voting record. but more than that, I learned about a brilliant man with an unimpeachable understanding of economics, and with the courage to stand up against all odds.

Ron Paul inspired me to drop my life and devote myself to his presidential campaign. Following his advice I for the first time changed my registration from Unaffiliated to register in the Republican Party and became active at my county level. I helped to canvass South Carolina, Alabama, and my own home State of North Carolina. I met hundreds, thousands of Americans who truly believed that our nation had lost her way, and were willing to sacrifice to do whatever it took to win back the America which once inspired a whole planet to greatness.

Finally And, I knew that I was no longer alone.

After the Campaign, and after the Rally For The Republic, I went back home and further took Dr Paul's advice on being active in the Party, ran for and won the vice chairmanship of my County Republican Party. Working there to spread the ideals of liberty and of a government that obeys the Constitution, the next year I ran for North Carolina State House - outspent seven to one and handing out thousands of US Constitutions - we won a victory that was considered impossible even in 2010.

We ran on a campaign of restoring the Constitutional Order, and we won because of the movement that Congressman Paul re-energized in America and because of people like you, who responded to the message of Constitutional liberty, and who were unafraid to stand up and make a difference in the world around them.

We have come a very long way since 2007, but we still have a long way to go. The massive ship of state is slowly starting to turn, but the movement to restore liberty to the shores of America is just getting underway.

North Carolina was once known as the State that was First In Freedom, and in the hopes of reclaiming that title it is my hope that out from among this very crowd there will be legislators, congressmen, senators, and maybe even a governor or a President of the United States.

Already, in counties across the state, establishment structures are falling to a new renaissance of American enlightenment, as freedom fighters are taking over their local Republican Parties and preparing the way to change the course of history in 2012.

Every bit of that will depend on you. Whether we sit by and watch our nation continue it's decent into tyranny, or we keep turning our State and our Nation back to the course of Constitutional Liberty, is now entirely in your hands. Every one of us has a part to play. You must become a tireless advocate for liberty, you must help to educate your peers and everyone around you as to what a Constitutional government actually looks like, why it's better, and how it's actually possible to achieve it in our lifetimes.

All it takes is one spark of inspiration to change a life, and maybe to change a whole world. Will you be that spark, igniting brushfires of liberty everywhere you go?

History will remember this period of time as either the era in which America collapsed and liberty died, or it will remember this period as the era when America stood up in strength, with bravery and took our freedom back from the special interests, from establishment politicians, from the status quo, and from the Federal Reserve. Today will either mark our descent into tyranny or our rising up to the challenge of liberty. Which history will you leave to our future generations?

With that, and with no further ado, it is my humble pleasure and great honor to introduce to you the man who inspired me to better things, who has inspired a whole new generation to American greatness, and who has re-ignited the spark of liberty in the land which saw it's birth, the man who made all of this possible, please, join me in welcoming to North Carolina the honorable Congressman from the great State of Texas, Dr. Ron Paul!

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
This tube of Glen Bradley's introduction was posted on another thread, it's great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7BST2IKL2o

Still haven't seen Ron's speech...

kpfareal
03-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the transcript and the video!

kpfareal
03-29-2011, 05:25 AM

AquaBuddha is correct, he was talking about the Christian Just War theory.

kpfareal
03-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Anything he specifically talked a lot about which we can use to help promote his speech at FSU?

Someone posted the video of the speech HERE (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?285469-Video-Ron-at-NC-State). He talked a lot about Libya and why/when/how we should go to war followed by the usual awesome Dr Paul topics (Fed, liberty/personal responsibility, Fed, debt, Fed, war on drugs, hemp, Fed, etc).

Dreamofunity
03-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Someone posted the video of the speech HERE (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?285469-Video-Ron-at-NC-State). He talked a lot about Libya and why/when/how we should go to war followed by the usual awesome Dr Paul topics (Fed, liberty/personal responsibility, Fed, debt, Fed, war on drugs, hemp, Fed, etc).

Thanks!