PDA

View Full Version : What will happen in Libya?

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Please consider in your answers:

2 European countries ready to put boots on the ground

Iraq

Most major mil infrastructure destroyed

Countries history with terrorism

"Puff" and Warthogs are in the neighborhood, so things like tanks and uniforms are now a liability.

4 European countries that are attacking are geographically close and dependent on Libya for oil.

Discussion

-t

QueenB4Liberty
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
As long as we don't put boots on the ground.

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 08:51 PM
anyone?

pcosmar
03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
What will happen in Libya?

Death and Destruction.
Lies and Misinformation.
Double cross and dirty deals.

Pretty much business as usual.

TortoiseDream
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
What will happen in Libya?

Death and Destruction.
Lies and Misinformation.
Double cross and dirty deals.

Pretty much business as usual.

Exactly correct.

Theocrat
03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
There will be peace unspeakable, such as was not seen since Libya's conception. We will also see freedom explode into all regions within Libya's borders. From there, democracy will be born, with principled statesmen representing their various territories. Free markets will emerge as respect for private property is honored and new industries rise to compete with the global markets. There will be freedom of religious beliefs common to all Libyans, so much so that Sharia law will be moot amongst non-Muslim citizens in Libya. Eventually, after multiculturalism is embraced by the nation, we will finally see foreign troops leave Libya, proud that their mission was accomplished.

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Sarcasm or did you eat the moldy rye bread?

Theocrat
03-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Sarcasm or did you eat the moldy rye bread?

I ate the moldy rye bread which, in turn, made me sarcastic.

South Park Fan
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
A protracted guerilla war by Gaddafi loyalists in Tripolitania and Fezzan against NATO occupiers. Essentially Afghanistan in North Africa.

Theocrat
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
A protracted guerilla war by Gaddafi loyalists in Tripolitania and Fezzan against NATO occupiers. Essentially Afghanistan in North Africa.

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM

A good answer! What's missing is that Gaddafi has chemical weapons, oil fields and refiners to blow up and is a stones throw from the european countries attacking him - read terrorists attacks on their home soil. Libyan ports will be mined, For a start...

This is going to be Afghanistan/Iraq on steroids!

And if you don't think we will have boots on the ground, you are delusional.

Best case scenario is one of those bombs or tomahawks gets lucky and takes out the entire royal family.

-t

BenIsForRon
03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
What I hope will happen: Rebels take Tripoli, and try to move on a democratic path similar to how many in Egypt are trying to implement true representative government.

What I think will happen: Don't know. It all depends on if the rebels have enough military might to take Tripoli, and if more soldiers are willing to defect from Gaddafi. If Gaddafi is strong enough to hold Tripoli, then I think we're going to see NATO there for a long time, with ground troops entering to protect the oil, er, civilians.

However, if the rebels do take Tripoli, what happens then depends on how strong the democratic spirit is within the people. I would guess whichever way Egypt goes over the next year, Libya is likely to go. And I'm actually somewhat hopeful for Egypt, so I guess I have a glimmer of hope for Libya.

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 10:29 PM
What I hope will happen: Rebels take Tripoli, and try to move on a democratic path similar to how many in Egypt are trying to implement true representative government.

What I think will happen: Don't know. It all depends on if the rebels have enough military might to take Tripoli, and if more soldiers are willing to defect from Gaddafi. If Gaddafi is strong enough to hold Tripoli, then I think we're going to see NATO there for a long time, with ground troops entering to protect the oil, er, civilians.

However, if the rebels do take Tripoli, what happens then depends on how strong the democratic spirit is within the people. I would guess whichever way Egypt goes over the next year, Libya is likely to go. And I'm actually somewhat hopeful for Egypt, so I guess I have a glimmer of hope for Libya.

Libya is a terrorist haven

raiha
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Gaddafi will murder all the journos in Tripoli including Nic Robertson, in a fit of pique, and THEN US boots will be in the quagmire, raising the ire of Russia.