PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Suggests Libya Should Have Kept A-Bombs

doodle
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
This seems like very dangerous advice to other mideast countries:

http://billionaires.forbes.com/article/02cFdkUc4Zc3P/quotes?q=China

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
with the us gov actions in my lifetime , it sounds like common sense!!

dannno
03-28-2011, 06:20 PM
They almost were able to secretly obtain more nuclear weapons after they voluntarily gave up the ones that the international community knew about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=croFRisONxA

doodle
03-28-2011, 06:21 PM
This just sends a very dangerous message to Mideast/African nations without nukes ; if you get nukes, US will not bomb you even if you attack other nations as UK attacked Iraq in 2003 or as NK attacked SK in 2010 or as Israel target bombed civilians in Gaza that UN investigation determined to be war crimes:

North Korea shells South in fiercest attack in decades |
Nov 23, 2010 ... INCHEON, South Korea (Reuters) - North Korea fired scores of artillery shells at a South Korean island on Tuesday, killing two soldiers, ...
LINK (www.reuters.com/.../us-korea-north-artillery-idUSTRE6AM0YS20101123)

Goldstone: Israel intentionally targeted Gaza civilian sites
Netanyahu: Trying war crimes alleged in Goldstone report in Hague would cripple peace efforts.

LINK
(http://www.haaretz.com/news/goldstone-israel-intentionally-targeted-gaza-civilian-sites-1.6956)
But if you don't have nukes like Iraq or Libya, you will get bombed for just minding your own internal business.

Price of nukes will go higher after this Obama-Sarkozy-Netanyahu mischief in Libya.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Does anyone remember the Grand Theft Auto Miami (or whatever they called Miami--Vice City or something) soundtrack which aped Rush?

They deserved to die! They didn't have a gun to defend themselves!

HOLLYWOOD
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
RPF member hazek did an excellent job putting this together, and whether you like it or not... The United States really screwed Libya and Qaddafi on the deals. How the Deal went down, the HEU to RUSSIA, the Centrifuges to the US (National Labs), dismantling and clean up of the chemical weapons plant...US stiffed Libya.

WIKILEAKS: Exposes Highly Enriched Uranium and Broken Deals by the United States on Libya
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284572-Wikileaks-Libyans-seek-renewed-commitment-from-U.S.-in-return-for-progress-on-HEU-shipmnt

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM
hmmm well if you are a country good or bad that wants to keep the corrupt us gov out of your business! I could see having an a-bomb as being the first thing you checked on a list as a country! The biggest incentive for having an a-bomb as a country is the corrupted us government!! Just seems like good advice coming from a north korea leader!!! note, not supporting north korea or bad contires just saying it seems like common sense!!

Freedom 4 all
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Honestly nuke disarmament is as hypocritical as gun control. They don't want no nukes, they want a monopoly on nukes.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Honestly nuke disarmament is as hypocritical as gun control. They don't want no nukes, they want a monopoly on nukes.

Well, considering that there's a huge difference there, I'm certainly not on the same side in both issues. Not that there's a huge difference between guns and nukes, though there is (radiation, for starters). But that there's a huge difference between governments and individuals.

I don't want individuals to have nukes. I'm all about universal non-proliferation in nukes. Can't say the same about handguns.

Maybe the have vs. have-not governments are hypocritical about it. But that suits me.

Mike4Freedom
03-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Well, considering that there's a huge difference there, I'm certainly not on the same side in both issues. Not that there's a huge difference between guns and nukes, though there is (radiation, for starters). But that there's a huge difference between governments and individuals.

I don't want individuals to have nukes. I'm all about universal non-proliferation in nukes. Can't say the same about handguns.

Maybe the have vs. have-not governments are hypocritical about it. But that suits me.

If we had nukes, do you think we would really have to pay our taxes, lol

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
You'd have to wear a lead suit to visit the Lincoln Memorial. It would be Adventure Tourism.

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
If we had nukes, do you think we would really have to pay our taxes, lol

nominates this post for a top 5 rpf year post!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

South Park Fan
03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
If you follow in the footsteps of countries that continued nuclear proliferation despite international condemnation (e.g. Israel, Pakistan, North Korea), you will not only not be attacked, but you will also receive billions of dollars in US foreign aid.

If you follow in the footsteps of countries that caved into Western pressure and ended their weapons programs (e.g. Iraq, Libya), your country will be invaded, your nation will be under foreign occupation, and thousands of your civilians will be killed.

This is Exhibit A to show that the whole Iran nuclear proliferation controversy is a sham. If the Western nations were truly concerned about safety, they would not be encouraging such a lopsided incentive system for third-world nations. This also might paint the Cold War in a different light.

ExPatPaki
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
If you follow in the footsteps of countries that continued nuclear proliferation despite international condemnation (e.g. Israel, Pakistan, North Korea), you will not only not be attacked, but you will also receive billions of dollars in US foreign aid.

Pakistan still gets attacked but through different ways: drone strikes where the Pakistani government/military is complicit and through CIA/Blackwater operations inside Pakistan.

South Park Fan
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Pakistan still gets attacked but through different ways: drone strikes where the Pakistani government/military is complicit and through CIA/Blackwater operations inside Pakistan.

The key here is that the Pakistani government is complicit.

doodle
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Those billions of dollars of bribery we give to military elite there are not for nothing.