PDA

View Full Version : What the egotist n chief will talk about tonight

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52063.html#ixzz1HvVSEGfL

What he has to do in the speech, according to Paul Begala, a longtime adviser to former President Bill Clinton, is clear: provide a “rationale — why we are involved …, a strategy — why burden-sharing is better than going it alone; and a path to success — what is victory? How and when do we disengage?”

[This is apparently how he will "address" Congress on the issue...]

Obama will need to give members of Congress, who are contemplating a series of resolutions on Libya, a clearer idea of what the ongoing U.S. commitment is — and what the rough timetable is for a pullout.

[This is otherwise known as a form of sin free birth control in some religious circles, and widely credited with the abnormally large size of Catholic families... In war or sex, we can expect similar results with such a strategy.]

[But most importantly, remember he's got to sell the American people on that old saying from Vietnam: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it". In this case, it's going to be: "This is a "humanitarian" mission - We've got to bomb the shit out of a bunch of civilians in order to save them]

[This is also a new welfare program. Providing arms to "freedom fighters". u know, terrorists like Al Queda...]

OH WOW! Lieberman is on Cavuto and it's a WOPPER! like yesterday. It should re-run later - SOMEONE PLEASE TUBE THIS!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
It was on Your World with Niel Cavuto on FOX, not FBN and it doesn't look like it will re-play. Cavuto has another show on FBN at 6pm EST and there is an outside chance he might re-broadcast the interview. Also, either channel may re-play portions as they have been doing with the McCain / Leibermann one from yesterday.

Someone please try and catch this - it was over the top again....

-t

doodle
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Expect canned talking points regurgitated with fake inflection and serious servitude aided by a pricey teleprompter. In other words, more sham words from the trained lips of a cowardly puppet without morality.

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Lets hope TELEPROMPTER XD-235 makes a cameo tonight :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSnEMV58F8

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
he is basically gonna say everyone should go buy some KY(lube bush brand) cause the us gov is about to f you!! In it's simplest form

doodle
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Puppet performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc

speciallyblend
Expect canned talking points regurgitated with fake inflection and serious servitude aided by a pricey teleprompter. In other words, more sham words from the trained lips of a cowardly puppet without morality.

he is only following gop legacy, so we all should really thank the gop for this!!

Philhelm
My prediction:

"Blah blah blah, Libya. Blah blah blah, Gaddafi. Blah blah blah, U.N. Blah blah blah, regional instability. Blah blah blah blah."

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Obamas speech here blahblahblah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyLwXhqlWU&playnext=1&list=PL4E5F753F470BA83E
My prediction:

"Blah blah blah, Libya. Blah blah blah, Gaddafi. Blah blah blah, U.N. Blah blah blah, regional instability. Blah blah blah blah."

AuH20
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
We're all humanitarian minded imperialists now. :D

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Food aid
medical aid
rebuild country
install puppet government

"transition to a "legitimate" government..." - rotglmao!

"America should not be expected to police the world" - Did TELEPROMPTER XD-235 just make a cameo?

lol - doubletalk - we shouldn't be worlds policeman ==> America can not stand by and watch...

failure to act in Libya would have resulted in a far greater cost to America.... - hu? how?

This is not regime change - uh, hu....

Doublespeak good!

AuH20
03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Which article of the constitution guarantees the credibility of the United Nations? I must have glossed over that one.

Vessol
I loved at the beginning when he said "We're leaving Iraq..fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan..and pursuing Al Qeuda all across the globe"

he also now just said "We're stopping Al Qeuda wherever they seek a foothold"

How horribly ironic, as we're fighting ALONGSIDE Al Qeuda.

angelatc
Marc Carey wrote that the media is going to portray this as a huge military victory in the 2012 elections.

heavenlyboy34
03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
We're all humanitarian minded imperialists now. :D

lolz :D

angelatc
03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
He's still big on the hope card, I see.

Echoes
03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
My goodness, it's scary how similar to GW Bush he sounds in this speech.

Vessol
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
My goodness, it's scary how similar to GW Bush he sounds in this speech.

I was thinking

"You know, all he is missing is a snazzy banner behind him"

angelatc
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Which article of the constitution guarantees the credibility of the United Nations? I must have glossed over that one. Vladimark Levin can get that for ya.

angelatc
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Whats wrong with his eyes?

tangent4ronpaul
real leadership.... - could we get some?

have other nations step up and contribute their fair share of the burden and of the cost - ROTGLMAO!

this change will make the world more complicated - no shit Shurlock - it's called BLOWBACK!

Dang! - who switched the channel to Saturday Night Live? - great skit tonight... :rolleyes:

I wonder what Mil recruiting stats are like about now....

angelatc
Where's Rand?

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7WIt9A9gA&feature=player_embedded

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Where's Rand?

On line.

What, you expected the MSM to give him prime time? Hell, they bumped him from Sunday morning.

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Where's Rand?

here is the gop establishment response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7WIt9A9gA&feature=player_embedded

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
The Judge is ripping him a new one right now....

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Rand is on Freedom Watch now

ravedown
03-28-2011, 06:09 PM
lawrence o donnell and that dude maddow are hilarious! they thought it was brilliant, lawrence is so creepy in love. the overall message on msnbc seems to be...now that obama made a speech, they can all get behind the war finally.

AuH20
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
The front page of Huffington Post makes my stomach churn.

Echoes
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Mike Lee's response on Freedom Watch was impressive and more forceful then Rand's.

Vessol
03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Tubbbess

gives us the tubessss!

KramerDSP
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Obama's eyes remind me of Michael Corleone at the end of The Godfather II.

ravedown
03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
i think his eyes say, i blew this...this is a nasty hornets nest that me and my handlers can't control and this whole thing could really blow up and shit could get very uncomfortable. he's digging himself a grave here. a lot of the dems that used to stand behind him and rally his causes sure are quiet right now.

Theocrat
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Did Obama mention that Gaddafi hates us for our freedoms? That will win Congress' approval. :D

heavenlyboy34
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
did obama mention that gaddafi hates us for our freedoms? That will win congress' approval. :d

roflol! :)

tpreitzel
03-28-2011, 06:30 PM
i think his eyes say, i blew this...this is a nasty hornets nest that me and my handlers can't control and this whole thing could really blow up and shit could get very uncomfortable. he's digging himself a grave here. a lot of the dems that used to stand behind him and rally his causes sure are quiet right now.

Unfortunately, the US Congress is complicit in one sadly hypocritical aspect of the adventurism of American POTUS, the War Powers Resolution. I'm pretty sure it's this aspect of congressional complicity that bothers Ron Paul. True, POTUS don't have to blatantly abuse the power granted them by the unconstitutional WPR, but .... it happens all the time.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Has he scratched 'Constitutional Scholar' off of his resume' yet?

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 06:31 PM

http://my.firedoglake.com/binquick/2011/03/23/update-impeach-obama-now-w-biden-video/

Update: Impeach Obama And Save The Democratic Party w/ Biden Video
(click through for vid)

”The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” Barack Obama, Boston Globe, December 20, 2007

Barack Obama sent US military forces into combat without:

(1) a declaration of war,
(2) a specific statutory authorization, or
(3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

Regardless of the US Constitution, impeachment is a political act. Since the facts are absolutely clear, this case will depend of the definition of “High crimes and Misdemeanors” ergo politics. High crimes and Misdemeanors are whatever Congress impeaches a official for violating. The Impeaching party must evaluate the political consequences, congressional schedule, and likely chances of conviction. Barack Obama’s political support among Democrats is a kilometer wide and a nanometer deep. Democrats are disgusted by Obama continuing George Bush wars, wire-tapping, and illegal acts. Politically, it won’t take much to separate Obama and Senate Democrats. The odds are against conviction but the Senate may want to make a statement and/or reassert it’s Constitutional Rights. And Joe Biden would make a terrific President, at least a better President then Barack Obama, Mediator of the Free World. Politically, there is little downside for Speaker Boehner and enormous upside. Impeach Obama now!

Theocrat
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
http://my.firedoglake.com/binquick/2011/03/23/update-impeach-obama-now-w-biden-video/

Update: Impeach Obama And Save The Democratic Party w/ Biden Video
(click through for vid)

”The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” Barack Obama, Boston Globe, December 20, 2007

Barack Obama sent US military forces into combat without:

(1) a declaration of war,
(2) a specific statutory authorization, or
(3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

Regardless of the US Constitution, impeachment is a political act. Since the facts are absolutely clear, this case will depend of the definition of “High crimes and Misdemeanors” ergo politics. High crimes and Misdemeanors are whatever Congress impeaches a official for violating. The Impeaching party must evaluate the political consequences, congressional schedule, and likely chances of conviction. Barack Obama’s political support among Democrats is a kilometer wide and a nanometer deep. Democrats are disgusted by Obama continuing George Bush wars, wire-tapping, and illegal acts. Politically, it won’t take much to separate Obama and Senate Democrats. The odds are against conviction but the Senate may want to make a statement and/or reassert it’s Constitutional Rights. And Joe Biden would make a terrific President, at least a better President then Barack Obama, Mediator of the Free World. Politically, there is little downside for Speaker Boehner and enormous upside. Impeach Obama now!

Obama just went to war on Libya to score international "Brownie points" with the rest of the Arab world. Maybe he thought that would help drive down oil costs for the U.S. or something...

Echoes
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Ron Paul coming up !

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Ron Paul coming up !

Beat me to it.

I can't believe Charlie Rangle is promoting a military draft because it would make Congress accountable to the people. That worked real well in Vietnam.... :rolleyes:

Echoes
03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
End the Fed chanting in the backround Ha !

low preference guy
03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Beat me to it.

I can't believe Charlie Rangle is promoting a military draft because it would make Congress accountable to the people. That worked real well in Vietnam.... :rolleyes:

I thought a black man would be the very unlikely to promote slavery.

heavenlyboy34
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
I thought a black man would be the very unlikely to promote slavery.

Yes, but that particular black man is bought and paid for. ;):p

Orgoonian
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Tube?

http://www.greatfunnyanimals.com/pictures/795-Dog-tube.jpg

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Ron Paul coming up !

what channel
?

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Tube?

http://www.greatfunnyanimals.com/pictures/795-Dog-tube.jpg

sweetness haha

HOLLYWOOD
03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Marc Carey wrote that the media is going to portray this as a huge military victory in the 2012 elections.
figures... I was going to post, it doesn't matter what Obama says, what does the 4th branch of government say? You know, the public relations firms of the Federal Government.

Same nonsense by corporate media and propaganda... they all continue to dish it out to the American viewers and listeners.

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
They did a Buy, sell or Hold call in from the public on what we thought about Obama's speach on Libya tonight. 94% SELL!

Later a poll - 64% Do not want us there

Guess the MSM spin machine isn't working so well.... :D

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 09:01 PM
It's quite amusing watching Google news and looking at the MSM try to spin this in the administrations favor - they seem to be on hyperdrive...

Even though the vast majority of the public isn't buying it...

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/us/29military.html

U.S. Gives Its Air Power Expansive Role in Libya

Even as President Obama on Monday described a narrower role for the United States in a NATO-led operation in Libya, the American military has been carrying out an expansive and increasingly potent air campaign to compel the Libyan Army to turn against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2011/03/29/obama_defends_libyan_intervention/

Brutality in Libya required swift action, Obama says

"swift" - hu?

ROTGLMAO!