PDA

View Full Version : Wonkette: Obama To Declare Mission Accomplished In Never-Ending Libya War Tonight

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Though Secretaries of War Adventure Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton are “leaving open” exactly how many years in Libya the United States will be fighting a war to remove a despot they say they don’t want to remove, President Obama is continuing on with a scheduled address to the nation tonight on our cute new little war in which he will “discuss how our efforts in Libya have advanced our interests and averted a catastrophe,” according to the White House. Which is interesting, because just yesterday Gates said Libya did not pose a threat to the U.S. and going to war there was “not a vital national interest.” And our military says the gains made by the side we’re supporting in this civil war could fast be reversed if we ever stop bombing the other side. So our Nobel peace laureate will simultaneously pretend he doesn’t care if Gaddafi stays as dictator, sell the lie that we won’t be in Libya for a long time, and convince America this war is in its interest while the guy in charge of its military says it isn’t. Good thing he’s so good at talking and such!

more at link...

http://wonkette.com/441484/president-obama-to-declare-mission-accomplished-in-never-ending-libya-war-tonight#more-441484

Chester Copperpot
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Did I actually just agree with something Wonkette posted??

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
They are true to their snark, even when their politicians change sides. It is refreshing.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't see anything there that makes me want to favor them with a hit. They spew the bile well, but they seem awfully intent on avoiding the meat of the matter.

But then, their view of the Constitution isn't exactly reverent. Regardless of where their right to free speech comes from.

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 08:55 AM
They are anti war. They think they are pro Constitution, but they read the restriction on govt part out of it. They are progressive, but really pissed at Obama over this.

Aratus
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
our now being at a continual war ready mode indirectly frags
our Bill of Rights and right to have a Writ of Habeas Corpus...

ClayTrainor
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H44IkuSV9qQ/TH1EkSRVDwI/AAAAAAAANtc/pp0IEgZmfRQ/s320/obama-mission-accomplished.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Did I actually just agree with something Wonkette posted??

whoops - posted this in the wrong thread....

wonkette has gotten better lately, based on the few articles I've seen posted here. Makes me wonder if their views have changed or if they hired a more friendly writer...

My view above might change if I spent any time on their site, though...

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
whoops - posted this in the wrong thread....

wonkette has gotten better lately, based on the few articles I've seen posted here. Makes me wonder if their views have changed or if they hired a more friendly writer...

My view above might change if I spent any time on their site, though...

They are relatively consistent on war and the Patriot Act etc. They even weren't terrible to Rand during the general election (not that they made no comments but they weren't that bad, and they were positively positive during the primary, particularly when Cheney endorsed Grayson.)

RM918
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
That place was a writhing mass of totally unapologetic Paul hatred during the campaign, even worse than Hot Air ever was. Visceral, disgusting stuff. Salon apparently hired one of their chief douchebags to even further turn the place into a crapheap, aside from Glenn Greenwald.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
That place was a writhing mass of totally unapologetic Paul hatred during the campaign,...

Nice to see the wind is blowing from a new direction.

That stuff from three years ago won't sell any more. They tried to say conservatives are all the same and we choked them with that one, too.

New wind a blowin'.

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
That place was a writhing mass of totally unapologetic Paul hatred during the campaign, even worse than Hot Air ever was. Visceral, disgusting stuff. Salon apparently hired one of their chief douchebags to even further turn the place into a crapheap, aside from Glenn Greenwald.

huh.

I didn't know they existed during the 2008 campaign, so I must have missed that.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah. They were actually '-ettes' back then. Bunch of guys moved in at some point in there.