PDA

View Full Version : After tonight, I am convinced Ron Paul has already won

TER
03-27-2011, 10:58 PM
So, I just got back from a dinner that my cousin holds every year this time with 5 couples (and the kids). This includes me (a Ron Paul supporter), my cuz (a liberal democrat), a distant cuz (Neo-con), close family friend (independent/leaning conservative), and my closest cousin who could care less about politics.

Invariably, every year, we spend the majority of the night discussing politics. It can get quite colorful, as you can imagine.

Anyway, the reason that I am babbling right now is that the change I have seen from them this year compared to how I have always known them to be (politically) is in a word astounding.

The liberal democrat cannot hide his disappointment with Obama (which he has always defended up until this year). Gone are the wry tea-bagging comments and the belief that government is the answer. It is like a light has finally turned on when he looks into your eyes and speaks with you.

The neocon, while in the past had always been the most stubborn and difficult to debate with, is now saying things that sound right out of Ron Paul's speeches. Even after he gave the predictable FoxNews line about the 'necessity' of the military action in Libya (to protect the rebels of course!), he easily changed his mind when the facts (as I understand them to be from being a member here) were presented to him. This would have been unheard of in the past. By the end of the night, he understood the wrongs clearly outweighed any perceived rights.

The independent was saying more libertarian talking points then I have ever heard him speak in the past.

The cousin who could care less about politics, still could care less, but he cracked some of the funniest jokes I have heard in a long time so it was all good. :D

Anyway, my point is, there is no doubt in my mind that Ron Paul has already won.

Of course, to make him into President, this will all depend on our continued work and diligence and sacrifice for the next many months. But this time, under these conditions, it seems almost certain to lead him to the White House.

Run Ron Run, and announce quickly so that we can begin our portion of the work needed to make this a reality!

silverhandorder
03-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I think from early on we would be able to demolish he can not win argument. People that know me like to tease me by telling me Ron Paul can not win. I find it more humorous now because I can hear that they don't actually believe this them selves.

TER
03-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I think from early on we would be able to demolish he can not win argument. People that know me like to tease me by telling me Ron Paul can not win. I find it more humorous now because I can hear that they don't actually believe this them selves.

Agreed, the people I know who can be described as neocons definitely have changed their impressions about Ron Paul. It was a knee jerk reaction after the 2008 media marginalization for them to roll their eyes when his name was mentioned, or make some negative comment about him fed to them from the likes of Hannity and friends. This is not the case any more (in my experience). It usually, "I agree with him on a lot of things" or "I would vote for him", etc etc. Now this only my experience, but it is my experience nonetheless.

AGRP
03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Hes been winning since 2008.

If you want to name one person with the most influence in the past 4 years, hands down its Ron Paul.

If he runs again in 2012, he will win again. Its not so much about "winning", as it is about educating the sheeple. I really look forward to his 2012 campaign speeches and debates.

TER
03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
If the 'he can't win' argument is overcome, he wins the presidency. This will not be easy, as there is sure to be great resistance against him again this time around. But this time, I think there will be many more pundits and media people who will not accept this argument.

sailingaway
03-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I think that Rasmussen poll with Ron at 41 and Obama at 42 from last April doesn't hurt, either. It is hard to laugh that away.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

They put it behind a subscriber wall, most of it, but I read it when it first came out, and the point is that Ron, over all other GOP contenders and over Obama, dominates with independents. The issue is to get them to register GOP, which might be easier if we show them the poll showing that if they did, he actually could win.

Carson
03-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I glad it went well for you.

I've been under the impression the division between peoples opinions has grown wider and more dangerous.

One thing that does seem to bring us together is we are all in the same sinking ship. Well except for the few on the top that are so busy stamping our fingers off of the ladder rungs to notice they are going down with us as well.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
I've been under the impression the division between peoples opinions has grown wider and more dangerous.

I think the widening of opinions is a good thing. Why do you consider it dangerous?

TER
The issue is to get them to register GOP...

All more reason for him to announce now. I of course have very little knowledge about political campaigns and may be extremely naive, but unless someone can convince me others, it's my opinion that it would be to his best advantage to announce now rather than later.

Carson
Hes been winning since 2008.

If you want to name one person with the most influence in the past 4 years, hands down its Ron Paul.

If he runs again in 2012, he will win again. Its not so much about "winning", as it is about educating the sheeple. I really look forward to his 2012 campaign speeches and debates.

Education! That is really where it is at.

Ron Paul! Ron Paul!

BarryDonegan
03-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Everyone I know knows Ron Paul, but that's hardly a scientific poll because everyone I know also knows me. :)

Captain Shays
03-27-2011, 11:27 PM
The whole notion that Ron Paul cannot win doesn't come from Donald Trump, it comes from the media including "conservative" talk how hosts. If Ron Paul decides to run I think we're all pretty much confident enough in his ability to win over the hearts and minds of enough Americans to beat any other candidate including Obama. Based on that knowledge we will also send him more money from individual contributions than any of the other candidates will get. This only leads me to believe that if or when he decides to run he and we won't be running against other candidates. We will be running against the corporate controlled media outlets. There is our enemy.

TER
03-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Everyone I know knows Ron Paul, but that's hardly a scientific poll because everyone I know also knows me. :)

ha! I think that too sometimes. I think maybe people just give me lip service about what they like about Ron Paul so as to not hurt my feelings! Even so, the respect towards him compared to 3 years ago is undeniable.

TER
03-27-2011, 11:33 PM
We will be running against the corporate controlled media outlets. There is our enemy.

This is why he needs to announce early. We need to make them play this game now. A battle of ideas and for the hearts of men takes time and the people have awoken up enough to understand that in life, one needs to question who they are getting their information from when they see things getting worse off all around them. This is not the roaring 90's anymore nor the blood thirsty 2000's. This is a hurting and war weary nation compared to then.

It will most certainly be the media which will be our biggest battle, and we need to face them right now so at to allow us the time to unleash the collective creative genius amongst all the patriots to draw the lines now and counteract this. They, for sure, have the greater advantage, which is why we need to start early. It is to their advantage every day that passes and he does not announce.

Carson
03-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I glad it went well for you.

One thing that does seem to bring us together is we are all in the same sinking ship. Well except for the few on the top that are so busy stamping our fingers off of the ladder rungs to notice they are going down with us as well.

I think the widening of opinions is a good thing. Why do you consider it dangerous?

Maybe read the sentence your quoting again.

Then again I've never really given much thought to wide opinions. Tall ones perhaps.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Maybe read the sentence your quoting again.

Then again I've never really given much thought to wide opinions. Tall ones perhaps.

I meant I think the widening of the division between people's opinions is a good thing. Why is it dangerous?

iamse7en
03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Winning!

It certainly hurts the neoconservatives when Obama starts acting like a neoconservative. It's quite fun watching both sides squirm. The Left doesn't know whether to attack Obama, and the Right doesn't know whether to pretend to hate a war they secretly love.

TER
03-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Winning!

It certainly hurts the neoconservatives when Obama starts acting like a neoconservative. It's quite fun watching both sides squirm. The Left doesn't know whether to attack Obama, and the Right doesn't know whether to pretend to hate a war they secretly love.

This Libya military adventurism will not end soon barring a successful assassination. It will be the albatross around Obama's neck going into the campaign season. The biggest mistake he did was authorize this action which his puppet masters have made him reluctantly do. It seems more and more apparent to me that Obama would rather NOT win the presidency again. He has made his millions and will continue to do so. His ego is way to big to allow him risk his own health and even life going against the puppet masters who control him. For him, the safe way out for him and his family is to just follow the orders he is given and be done with it as soon as he can, with the least amount of losing face as possible. This perhaps makes him a wonderful husband and father, but a very poor choice as leader.

This is a great difference between him and Ron Paul. Ron Paul would risk his life for the truth and for the defense of the Constitution as he has done so ever since he was in the military up until now. His oath of the presidency is one which the average informed political junky knows would be true. This goes a long way during uncertain times like this and works to his advantage considerably.

american.swan
03-28-2011, 05:14 AM
I think that Rasmussen poll with Ron at 41 and Obama at 42 from last April doesn't hurt, either. It is hard to laugh that away.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

They put it behind a subscriber wall, most of it, but I read it when it first came out, and the point is that Ron, over all other GOP contenders and over Obama, dominates with independents. The issue is to get them to register GOP, which might be easier if we show them the poll showing that if they did, he actually could win.

We need that poll done again THIS APRIL!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-28-2011, 05:43 AM
I have also seen a lot of people who once mocked me for always talking about Ron starting to come around. I even know a diehard liberal who recently admitted she was wrong and has been willing to listen about Ron. While those are great moments for me I also run into people almost every day who still have no idea who Ron Paul is. We have to remember that the average American could care less about politics and have voted for more reality show contestants than political candidates. We still need massive efforts at name recognition.

qh4dotcom
03-28-2011, 06:15 AM
So what does your liberal democrat "cuz" say about Obama's birth certificate?

malkusm
03-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for sharing, OP. Good to start the week off with an uplifting story. :)

speciallyblend
03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
So, I just got back from a dinner that my cousin holds every year this time with 5 couples (and the kids). This includes me (a Ron Paul supporter), my cuz (a liberal democrat), a distant cuz (Neo-con), close family friend (independent/leaning conservative), and my closest cousin who could care less about politics.

Invariably, every year, we spend the majority of the night discussing politics. It can get quite colorful, as you can imagine.

Anyway, the reason that I am babbling right now is that the change I have seen from them this year compared to how I have always known them to be (politically) is in a word astounding.

The liberal democrat cannot hide his disappointment with Obama (which he has always defended up until this year). Gone are the wry tea-bagging comments and the belief that government is the answer. It is like a light has finally turned on when he looks into your eyes and speaks with you.

The neocon, while in the past had always been the most stubborn and difficult to debate with, is now saying things that sound right out of Ron Paul's speeches. Even after he gave the predictable FoxNews line about the 'necessity' of the military action in Libya (to protect the rebels of course!), he easily changed his mind when the facts (as I understand them to be from being a member here) were presented to him. This would have been unheard of in the past. By the end of the night, he understood the wrongs clearly outweighed any perceived rights.

The independent was saying more libertarian talking points then I have ever heard him speak in the past.

The cousin who could care less about politics, still could care less, but he cracked some of the funniest jokes I have heard in a long time so it was all good. :D

Anyway, my point is, there is no doubt in my mind that Ron Paul has already won.

Of course, to make him into President, this will all depend on our continued work and diligence and sacrifice for the next many months. But this time, under these conditions, it seems almost certain to lead him to the White House.

Run Ron Run, and announce quickly so that we can begin our portion of the work needed to make this a reality!

way to go and no arguments from me, The gop better wake the f up or we do deserve obama!! Ron Paul 2012

thedude
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM

I assume something along the lines of, "it's been almost four years now and the birthers have all but been discredited in the eyes of the broader public. it's time to move on. there is about as much of a chance of getting this issue resolved than there is trying Bush Jr. for war crimes." It's time to let it go. The battle is lost. Besides, Obama is in the White House, he could commission himself a birth certificate. Even if he did present one, the issue would not be resolved. "It's a fake!" we'd hear. Let us focus on what is really important.

Sola_Fide
03-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Winning.

silverhandorder
03-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I never got a good answer from birthers why they making a stand on the birth certificate. There is a ton of other constitutional provisions that are being broken by the government and even if Obama steps down we will have Biden replace him. So what is the strategic value of this? Seems to me like it's zero.

TER
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM

While it had been a discussion point in the past couple of years (especially last year), it wasn't even brought up this time. As far as I am concerned, the more hypocritical things Obama does in the eyes of his base, the less the birth certificate issue even needs to be addressed. The fact that such an issue is still questioned, however, just further diminishes their waning faith and trust in him.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
We can't let up. He's not president-elect yet. Have we done well? It has been miraculous. Never seen anything like it. But he's not president-elect yet.

specsaregood
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Great, now how many of those people will register as a Republican and vote for RP in the primary? Without that we haven't won a thing.

TheTyke
03-28-2011, 10:41 AM
I think it's our time too. Lots of people like Ron, the barrier to break is whether he can win. We have a lot of work to do!

Here is a better link to the 41-42 tie with Obama... Here's our message: Ron Paul is the man to beat Obama! spread it EVERYWHERE!!! http://www.tinyurl.com/rpvsbo

ravedown
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
i had a visit from some friends this weekend that are politically active democrats-hard liners and huge obama fiends. we went back and forth on many issues and it was revealing to see they had lost a lot of their myopia regarding the current admin, and government in general.
they talked about how they liked ron paul, especially because a lot of his old kooky ideas seem to be making more sense and it's making them question both parties etc. he clearly is making inroads into the liberal mindset.
the problem was certain polices they would get hung up on and i think they have a point- they would say, ron paul and rand want to abolish social security and that's a deal breaker- i of course would explain what he really wants but to them- there was no way they would agree to vote for him based on soc. security etc. (they're seniors btw). i think this could be a major hurdle for RP, education is the only way to avoid this-hopefully RP's communication of this will become more focused to address people who have a major fear of losing things like soc. security/military intervention/legalized drugs etc. these are the arguments where people seem to write him off.

acptulsa
03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
these are the arguments where people seem to write him off.

'Everybody is running around in circles, announcing that somebody's pinched their liberty. Now the greatest aid that I know of that anyone could give the world today would be a correct definition of "liberty". What might be one class's liberty might be another class's poison. I guess absolute liberty couldn't mean anything but that anybody can do anything they want to, any time they want to. Well, any half-wit can tell you that wouldn't work. So the question arises, "How much liberty can I get away with?"

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give. That's my definition, but you got perfect liberty to work out your own.'--Will Rogers

//

sailingaway
03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Actually, both Ron and Rand say that because they've paid in all this time without a choice, they'd have to be covered at this point. That is where cutting the empire to get the money comes in. Rand will introduce a bill on social security and they will be able to see what is being discussed. Philosphically never having been created is best, but now you have to go with people having been forced to pay in all their lives.

ravedown
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
i realized it is very important not to take the "i told you so" position regarding obama and his foreign policy etc. trying to make people feel foolish only pushes them away from understanding what and where things went wrong with the current political climate. something i find very positive is a lot of the things currently happening with the economy, foreign wars, etc. are creating a somewhat of a perfect storm for Ron and Rand...it's getting harder for the haters to dismiss the message.

Aratus
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
someone at one point had thought candidate barack obama to be as dove~ish as the late eugene mccarthy...
i've often said woodrow wilson reluctantly entered WW1 & for syria to be a current topic with barack obama's
admin people as thoroughly as it was for the dubya's... for there not to be a full & legal declaration of war...

2young2vote
03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I can tell you that my union democrat grandparents are especially upset with Obama (one even voted for McCain in the last election, first republican vote EVER). I believe I can convince at least one of them to vote for Ron in the upcoming election, and maybe the other. I've already convinced my parents to vote for him in the last election, and I will be adding my vote this time.

Then I have been slowly introducing Ron Paul to my extremely religious friends who have Abortion as a very important issue. I tell them that Ron Paul is very against abortion, but that he thinks a small government on the federal level comes before anything else. I think they are pretty warm to him.

Maximus
03-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm more and more convinced that this war with Libya is the end of Obama. It has totally exposed him as a fraud to the left, and much of the neo-con right doesn't like the smell of the war and is having difficulty justifying it.

CUnknown
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
[...]

The neocon, while in the past had always been the most stubborn and difficult to debate with, is now saying things that sound right out of Ron Paul's speeches. [...]

The independent was saying more libertarian talking points then I have ever heard him speak in the past. [...]

Anyway, my point is, there is no doubt in my mind that Ron Paul has already won. [...]

I have seen the same types of attitude changes recently. I'm constantly shocked by the number of times I hear Ron Paul talking points being casually used in conversation by my friends, who aren't Ron Paul supporters. It's amazing. They have no idea that Ron Paul started this national conversation -- sometimes people I don't know will say things like this, and I get really excited, thinking I've met another Ron Paul supporter. But it turns out, nope, it's just that these ideas are mainstream now.

This is a huge benefit, no doubt, but it's also a hindrance because the politicians will use these talking points too, and RP will be hidden because now everyone sounds like him.

It's a very exciting time, but it's also a time that will test the extent of our devotion to this cause. If we are committed -- RP has a good shot at winning. But if we only half-ass it, we'll let a golden opportunity slip away. I'm talking mostly to myself here -- I gotta get up and get busy the second he declares. I need to psych myself up for this. It's do or die.

georgiaboy
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I have seen the same types of attitude changes recently. I'm constantly shocked by the number of times I hear Ron Paul talking points being casually used in conversation by my friends, who aren't Ron Paul supporters. It's amazing. They have no idea that Ron Paul started this national conversation -- sometimes people I don't know will say things like this, and I get really excited, thinking I've met another Ron Paul supporter. But it turns out, nope, it's just that these ideas are mainstream now.

This is a huge benefit, no doubt, but it's also a hindrance because the politicians will use these talking points too, and RP will be hidden because now everyone sounds like him.

It's a very exciting time, but it's also a time that will test the extent of our devotion to this cause. If we are committed -- RP has a good shot at winning. But if we only half-ass it, we'll let a golden opportunity slip away. I'm talking mostly to myself here -- I gotta get up and get busy the second he declares. I need to psych myself up for this. It's do or die.

Yep, gotta let people know that Ron Paul has been saying and voting this way, introducing legislation, etc., for DECADES, and is still fighting the good fight.

TER
04-01-2011, 12:33 AM
If Ron Paul wins the presidency, of I which I pray he will, it will usher a new dawn in civilization. It will give birth to an American Renaissance. A God-blessed nation! If it is His will, the rebirth of America will dawn in our lifetimes.

Plain to see, I am optimistic. :)

Of course, there are going to be trials and troubles along the way - and serious troubles at that. If our continent goes into a Renaissance, this will likely mean there is going to be regions of the world that will go into a Dark Ages. There will be unrest and revolts across the globe and wars and bloodshed would continue.

On the other hand, our nation could reach soaring heights! Enriched by the treasures of knowledge and the advancements of technology to a degree never imagined! A time of growth and stability and peace. But even as our strength grows, we should never grow complacent. For our strength does not mean that satan has been weakened. In fact, it is the opposite. The devil grows stronger every day, but that is for another thread.

When Ron Paul announces, all of us should be prepared to give monetarily as much as we can afford. Enough to make it a palpable sacrifice - it is our almsgiving to the cause of liberty and for truth and justice in the world.

By such acts of charity, we will be rewarded ten times, rather one hundred times in return! It will greatly strengthen our hope and resolve for the next step, which is by far the more important step, a step which will require even greater sacrifice and toil.

The precinct leaders need to arrange meet-ups immediately after the announcements. This is the most important step after he announces.

We would then begin our quest for delegates and the dreams and hopes of the faithful will come forth.

These are exiting times to be a patriot and defender of freedom! This generation will bring forward bright lights into the world, beacons of truth, whose legacy will be in the cause of Truth. People like Thomas Jefferson and Ron Paul.

squarepusher
04-01-2011, 12:54 AM

I agree, its becoming very easy for me to speak to nearly anyone and come up with points that they agree with Ron Paul with

Eric21ND
04-01-2011, 02:11 AM
If the 'he can't win' argument is overcome, he wins the presidency. This will not be easy, as there is sure to be great resistance against him again this time around. But this time, I think there will be many more pundits and media people who will not accept this argument.
I agree. If we win one primary, just one, it will be a total game changer and we'd be in line for the nomination I do believe. We need to go all in for Iowa.

Johnnymac
04-01-2011, 04:55 AM
I find it hard to convince my self he's going to win, It could be because I live in MA, but I look at the MA tea party page and see nothing about Ron Paul just neo support comments, and alot of people commented support for trump -_-
Someone even Recommended Paul/trump -_- commenters were saying that they didn't like Ron or didn't like trump, and sugguested other neo pairs, I hope these people come around soon

jmdrake
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Great story! My experience is that everyone I know at this point at least respects Ron Paul. He's been proven right so much now.

http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/reelwire/blog/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.png