PDA

View Full Version : Jack Hunter: Mark Levin's Constitution

jct74
03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Jack explains why Mark Levin is just like Nancy Pelosi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZFoFZsCAw8

malkusm
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Jack Hunter puts these videos together with incredible speed. Great timing.....should we post it on Levin's Facebook wall? :p

PermanentSleep
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Jack Hunter puts these videos together with incredible speed. Great timing.....should we post it on Levin's Facebook wall? :p

Oh yes!

sailingaway
03-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Excellent video!

Cowlesy
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
After watching that, some folks better subscribe to The American Conservative magazine!

Sola_Fide
03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Awesome video.

freshjiva
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
"Despite the Constitution stating explicitly that President Obama is unlawful in ordering a strike on Libya without consulting Congress, Levin finds this contention "absolutely ridiculous" in the same way Pelosi asks "are you serious?" of anyone who dares challenge Obamacare's constitutionality. No doubt both Levin and Pelosi rhetorically claim that they support the Constitution, but their personal, mostly imaginary, Constitutions are simply projections of what each respective liberal and neoconservative ideologue would like them to be, not necessarily what the Founders actually wrote and ratified. For conservatives, such Constitutional hypocrisy poses a crippling problem: American conservatives' primary critique of today's federal government is that most of what it does is not only intrusive, inefficient, and expensive, but that if we were only to follow the Constitution again, such statism would become a moot point. Liberals do not have this problem, as their philosophy is based in practical terms on an ever-expanding statism. Conservatives nearly uproot their entire argument for limited government, both domestic and foreign, when they concede the need for operating outside the Constitution in areas some right-wingers find necessary or desirable, per the neoconservatives' seemingly permanent push for perpetual war through unlimited executive power. But we either have a Constitution or we do not, and if we do not, as both Pelosi and Levin unwittingly concede from their own perspectives, there truly is no definable limit as to what destruction of liberty or imposition of tyranny our federal government is capable of."

Jack Hunter writes with such lucidity, I'm always impressed with his publications.
The above excerpt from the above video highlights the very hypocrisy we see self-identified conservatives like Mark Levin exhibit.

Mahkato
03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Jack Hunter writes with such lucidity, I'm always impressed with his publications.
The above excerpt from the above video highlights the very hypocrisy we see self-identified conservatives like Mark Levin exhibit.

Where'd you find the transcript?

heavenlyboy34
03-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Somewhat misleading of him to use Jefferson's pic in that vid so often (since TJ had nothing to do with the Constitution). I don't agree with Jack's conservatism, but his criticism of Levin/Pelosi are quite accurate. :cool:

Brett85
03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't agree with Jack's conservatism

Huh? Isn't Jack basically identical to Ron on the issues?

freshjiva
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Where'd you find the transcript?

I wrote it myself from listening to the audio :)

sailingaway
03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
bump for those who haven't seen this....it is really good.

angelatc
03-27-2011, 11:53 PM

We could do a contest - see who can keep it up there the longest. Once it's yanked, the clock restarts. (Not really, I'm just tired and goofy)

fisharmor
03-28-2011, 06:25 AM

I particularly appreciate how he associates it with his southern heritage.
The Jack Hunter package seems to say "Despite what you've heard, it is possible to be intelligent and from the south. Therefore you ought to reexamine society's seeming consensus that nothing good ever came from south of the Mason-Dixon line."

I mean seriously, we don't even call it "southern fried chicken" anymore.

Matt Collins
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
From his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TheKingDude):

Mark Levin purports to have read the debates of the Great Convention of 1787 and the ratification debates in the states and STILL conclude that the Framers of the Constitution gave explicit war making powers to the "Executive". This is wrong, wrong and wrong and Tom Woods explains it here: and I explain it here: http://www.mikechurch.com/Today-s-Lead-Story/the-phony-arguments-for-presidential-war-powers.html

Matt Collins
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Where'd you find the transcript? Every one of his videos is actually him reading his bi-weekly column which is posted here:
http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2011/03/28/mark-levins-constitution/