PDA

View Full Version : Gaddafi Bans Journalists - ‘It’s Worked for Fox’

123tim
03-27-2011, 06:07 PM
TRIPOLI (The Borowitz Report) – Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi took the extraordinary step of banning all journalists from his country today, arguing, “It’s worked for Fox.”

According to advisors to the Libyan dictator, Mr. Gaddafi has been studying the Fox News Channel closely in recent weeks as an example of a large enterprise that has thrived in the absence of journalism. (snip.)

Edit:

Apparent fake story.
Deleted thread. Didn't want to provide website with more hits..

doodle
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Fox has few good people but after Iraq, Fox should have been put on a journalism freedom probation and not allowed to cover any wars for 10 years starting from 2002.

After 2012, they should be allowed in if they show progress in accurate reporting without deliberate lies and deceit. They should also be made to reveal any ties to bomb makers.

crazyfacedjenkins
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
zing

RileyE104
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
LMAO, I don't "like" Gadaffi but he is certainly one smart mofo.

Does anyone else here think his "long war" strategy is to ultimately bankrupt our country, just like Osama Bin Laden?

He probably knew that America would fall for the bait. I'm sure all of our enemies, while condemning our actions, are GLAD that we are taking yet another step that could mean the end for us.

squarepusher
03-27-2011, 07:31 PM
lol this is a joke i think

specsaregood
03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
it is. I really dislike these fake/fiction "news" articles.

HOLLYWOOD
03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Fox has few good people but after Iraq, Fox should have been put on a journalism freedom probation and not allowed to cover any wars for 10 years starting from 2002.

After 2012, they should be allowed in if they show progress in accurate reporting without deliberate lies and deceit. They should also be made to reveal any ties to bomb makers.
Didn't CNN's Libyan correspondent go off live on the Situation Room with Wold Biltzer about the FOX NEWS garbage propaganda reporting being a sham on Human Shield PRESS? Yep.

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/03/21/CNN_Journo_DESTROYS_Fox_News_Over_Report_Libya_Use d_Reporter/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3krUGmZq8

doodle
03-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Didn't CNN's Libyan correspondent go off live on the Situation Room with Wold Biltzer about the FOX NEWS garbage propaganda reporting being a sham on Human Shield PRESS? Yep.

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/03/21/CNN_Journo_DESTROYS_Fox_News_Over_Report_Libya_Use d_Reporter/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3krUGmZq8

Fox and CNN/CBS/NBC, same thing. ABC has few God fearing Christian news executives but even they were not upto par in pre Iraq war coverage like much of MSM. MSNBC fired the only vocal critic of Iraq blunder.

Expatriate
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM

At least they force you to develop a habit of checking multiple sources before believing something.

dbill27
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Yes, the gov't should pick and choose what news stations can exist and what they can report!

dbill27
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
By the way, "its worked for fox"? Fox News banned all journalists from a country they ran?

123tim
03-29-2011, 05:55 AM

At least they force you to develop a habit of checking multiple sources before believing something.

I agree with all three of you. Forgive me for posting this. A temporary (I hope) moment of stupidity on my part.

The nurse/lipstick quote should have tipped me off. :)

My apologies to everyone. I should have researched this better before giving it credibility that it doesn't deserve.