PDA

View Full Version : Strategery

dejavu22
03-27-2011, 01:20 PM
First impression is a powerful thing and with that being said we need to make sure that when either Paul jumps into the water in 2012 they make a gigantic splash putting them on everyone's radar.

If we intend to win we need to convince the general public of 2 things. Firstly we need to convince them that we are not just making a philosophical run. In 2008 i was perfectly happy to have Paul in the debate because he got the message out. However with the advent of the Tea Party and the definite leaning of the right towards liberty and away from big government conservatism if we are ever to take a hold and make a serious run this is the time. Secondly we need to convince the general public that he is not only a candidate but a leading candidate. This is where the strategy comes in. Elections seem to be largely about momentum and with our loving relationship with the MSM we need to get as much momentum as we can as soon as possible and make sure that the election cannot be spoken about without mentioning his candidacy much like Huckabee, Romney and Palin enjoy.

I am not going to pretend to know everything about how we get either Paul elected but what i do understand is how to make a that splash.

Rand has already stated that if his father runs he will not but most if not all of us believe that one of them will run in 2012. Now with that being said we need to do what we do best and make a money bomb for either one of them the day that they announce their candidacy. With a sizable fund-raising effort the day they announce either one of the Pauls will instantly look like the biggest fish in the pond and the effort that the MSM will be unable to ignore.

Now unlike our previous bombs this one wont come with a date and at the same time we don't even know 100% which candidate is the target.

I am not very technically inclined so i am more or less just throwing out this idea but here is what i am thinking for this particular effort.

The Bomb will happen the 24 hr period immediately following either of the Pauls announcing their intention to run for president. This makes the donation difficult because it is an effort that we will not be able to build up to.

So my questions. Is it possible to make a website that will hold donations in escrow until the announcement is made and dump them all at once or in the event that neither runs cancel them?

satchelmcqueen
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
its good to know that wat least 1 paul will be in the race. id prefer ron, but id kinda like to see both. that way it puts the odds half that at least 1 will go to the end and itll give the other someone else to agree with and not look like hes by himself on the issues at hand.

nayjevin
03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Escrow isn't needed, but I agree with the larger point. It will happen organically anyway. I for one will be out rallying for donations that day and making sure everyone knows.