PDA

View Full Version : Great way to get Ron's name seen! Please read.

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Everyone - get an extra two yard signs and put them in your windshield when you park! I did it today and someone saw my Ron Paul shirt on and asked if that was my car. I said yes and twenty minutes later we have a new Meetup member, Ron Paul supporter, another vote for Ron Paul and a possible new Precinct Committeeman.

They make a huge impact and can be seen from very far away.

Just don't leave them in the window while driving please! :D

If we all do this, imagine the impact in a parking lot! Or if your car gets parked in one spot for hours, how many people will see that! They are cheap, you don't need to do anything to them, just stick them in the window. They help protect your dashboard from sun damage. This is so easy.

Plus every one you buy counts as a donation to the campaign. Many meetup coordinators even have a bunch of these. They are better than sitting on your lawn - think about this - how many cars pass your home vs. how many people pass your car at the mall?

Who's in? The more of us that do this, the stronger the impact. Plus, you can put them in your yard the closer we get to the election if you want to or put them up on the side of the road.

If you are in, please say so, so we can keep this bumped up for a little while.

me3
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
And make sure you park closest to the mall so the most people have to walk by your car!

Flirple
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
This is a must do.

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Ha, funny i just thought of that the other day and did it in practice today. Its definitely a good idea!

Akus
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Is anyone making Ron Paul windshield screens yet?

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Haven't seen any Akus. Here is a site that makes them though. http://www.extra-mile.com/decal/gl-069sunb.htm

I don't know how to do this, but can we start some kind of donation thing here for all of us to chip in some money. To make it real easy, we should just use the Ron Paul President 08 blue bumper sticker as the template. If they count blue on white as one color it is cheap. (ignore the red line. No need for it and it adds a lot of extra cost.)

Whoever does the ordering, the rest of us could buy them for 7 bucks each including shipping with the rest of the money going to the campaign.

Anyone up for a chipin sort of thing? I know nothing about making signs and can't tell if this is a decent company or not. But Lord Xar are you out there? Anyone else who has made signs before?

If we all chip in so that we can buy the max - 2500 = 2.51 each plus a 20% discount. That makes them right around two bucks each. Not only does everyone get a nice new windshield screen, but we get great publicity for the campaign, and we get money to donate. But we need to raise around 2k to do this.

Can anyone take on this project? I am house bound and cannot.

Or perhaps someone would just take advance orders at what, seven bucks a piece including shipping? 2000/7 equals around 300 orders. Can we get Meetup groups to order some of these ahead of time?

If blue with white letters is considered two colors, then we could reverse it, and have it be blue letters on a white background. Isn't there anyone here who does ebay or drop shipping things and would know how to get this started?

If they are big they will be easier to see from office buildings.

But if this is too complicated, then at least lets all just put some yard signs in our windows when we park, ok?

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Awesome idea.

Let me know who is going to do the ordering... I could do it but I'd definitely need a cooperative effort in getting the mass preorders filled.

It would go very well as an added step at www.ronpaulsrebels.com too.

A Ron Paul Rebel

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 08:46 PM
bump

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:01 PM
ok, maybe I made this too complicated.

Let's just go back to everyone put two yard signs in your windshield when you park -
OK?

Who's in?

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:17 PM
anyone?

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
anyone?

Well I am already doing it I just use one in the center.

Brutus
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
This is a STUPID idea! What happens when someone tries to drive with yard signs in their window because the signs don't have the mandatory disclaimer on them about not driving your car if you can't see where you are going???

Oh, well, actually, I love this idea.

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey, I put that mandatory disclaimer in the beginning post! I thought of that Brutus! We will just have to hope that is enough of a disclaimer! See big green grin.

Roxi
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
This is a STUPID idea! What happens when someone tries to drive with yard signs in their window because the signs don't have the mandatory disclaimer on them about not driving your car if you can't see where you are going???

ha ha thanks for the laugh :p

BUT IM IN!!! and my boyfriend works on the same grounds as the airport in a HUGE parking complex 1000+??? i have the

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
roxic, don't leave us hanging.... I have the ....

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Also think of people who work in office buildings that overlook parking lots (my old office). They will stare at those signs all day long. They are like moving billboards!

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
bump.

come on now. I thought this would be an easy one!

NoxTwilight
10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm in Thunderbolt! Great idea! Posting this to my meet up group immediately!

We might make some with out meet up information to encourage people to join us, we are currently making yard signs with that info and printing out business cards to give out to people.

c0unterph0bia
10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I do this every day when I go to work too. Park my car in the front of the lot facing out with the Ron Paul sign in the windshield. I always get notes, it's really funny. I'm trying to figure out a way to put RP business cards out . . . maybe when it stops raining every day I'll start putting them in the windshield wipers. It draws more attention than you would think, but i need to find a way to give people something to take home.

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
That is very cool Nox!

Will everyone involved in a meetup group tell the group about this idea? These signs fit perfectly side by side in my old Nissan sedan. They don't cover the whole window up to the top, but they are so easily seen! I wish I could take a pic, but don't have the technology to do so. Sorry.

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I do this every day when I go to work too. Park my car in the front of the lot facing out with the Ron Paul sign in the windshield. I always get notes, it's really funny. I'm trying to figure out a way to put RP business cards out . . . maybe when it stops raining every day I'll start putting them in the windshield wipers. It draws more attention than you would think, but i need to find a way to give people something to take home.

cool

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
I've got a Miata, one works fine for me! :D

Brutus
10-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey, I put that mandatory disclaimer in the beginning post! I thought of that Brutus! We will just have to hope that is enough of a disclaimer! See big green grin.

Doh! Good job. Was so anxious to generate some traffic so you wouldn't have to keep bumping this I forgot to review what you actually wrote.

I do love the idea.

Ann Kobialka
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I am one of the opening waitresses 5 days a week at a crackerbarrel, been doing this for about 6 weeks now. I get there at 5:30 in the morning, the parking lot is empty so I take the spot in front of the entrance door facing the restaurant so every customer that leaves walks out the door into my ron paul signs Ann

Thunderbolt
10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Doh! Good job. Was so anxious to generate some traffic so you wouldn't have to keep bumping this I forgot to review what you actually wrote.

I do love the idea.

Nah, you did have a good point. Not having it actually written ON the signs is not nearly as good. :D

Ok, new day. Time for some more folks to see this idea.

Once again - get two lawn signs. Put in car windshield when parked (and take out when you prepare to drive). Easy, cheap, creates money for the campaign because we have to buy these things, the money counts as donations, so that is cool, and they are much bigger than bumper stickers and can be seen from far away!

If we all do this, it would be a great way to spread his name recognition!

I personally like the yard signs that say he is running for President because I think a lot of people still don't know that. But, that is just my preference.

So, who is with me?

Thunderbolt
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I am one of the opening waitresses 5 days a week at a crackerbarrel, been doing this for about 6 weeks now. I get there at 5:30 in the morning, the parking lot is empty so I take the spot in front of the entrance door facing the restaurant so every customer that leaves walks out the door into my ron paul signs Ann
That is so cool! I hope all the waitresses in your place know about the tax free tips flier. Here it is just in case you don't have it: http://files.meetup.com/564287/TaxFreeTipsAct.pdf

Brian Bailey
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM
bumping a very worthy idea

ConstitutionGal
10-25-2007, 10:40 AM
This is a great idea but I saved myself the trouble of having to back into parking spaces - we bought two yard-sign size magnetic signs and have them on the rear of our cars!! ;-) Of course, they were particularly cheap but, hey!, whatever works!

I'll have to get a sign in the car, too, I guess, for those times when the windshield might be facing the right way!

LBennett76
10-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been doing this for awhile too. I live in SE Ohio, 1/2 from Wheeling, WV. Ron Paul isn't too well known around here, so I figured it would be a good idea. And since I work at a hospital, I figure who better to promote than a fellow physician who has the best plan for our nation's healthcare system. I always park facing the front entrance and emergency room so everyone can get a good look.

DrNoZone
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
This is a good idea; I've been doing this too.

Kacela
10-25-2007, 11:40 AM

It's called "natural selection" ;)

Back on topic: I have two of the signs from the New York City / Grand Central Station "rally" a couple of weeks ago, so I'll stick them in my front window the next time I go to the supermarket. Great idea!

Thunderbolt
10-27-2007, 02:50 AM
bump
And for all who plan on participating, please let us know. I can't believe we can only get a dozen or so folks to do this?

krott5333
10-27-2007, 03:33 AM
yup, ive been doing this regularly. Especially at work. I have the sign in my windshield, plus my bumper stickers, plus a button that I wear.

And when I'm working 3rd shift I hang a yard sign in the store on the wall and put slim jims on the counter

libertarian4321
10-27-2007, 04:43 AM
If you have a van, SUV, or truck with a camper shell, put Ron Paul signs in the side windows, too.

Thunderbolt
10-27-2007, 07:09 AM
bump

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I took a white Ron Paul bumper sticker and stuck it to a thin sheet of plastic. I trimmed away the excess plastic and I clip the bumper sticker to the sun visor in whatever vehicle I'm driving. It's very visible to oncoming traffic.