PDA

View Full Version : Guy freaks out after Delaware D.O.T. removes basketball hoop

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ZZHGO5sXw

TheNcredibleEgg
03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
March Sadness: Couple fights for basketball hoop
(AP) – 1 day ago

DOVER, Del. (AP) — A Delaware mom climbed atop her family's basketball hoop Friday in a short-lived bid to keep authorities from ripping it out and confiscating it.

Transportation workers and state police came to her neighborhood in Wilmington Friday morning to remove several basketball goals that officials said were too close to the roadway.

Several residents were sent letters last year warning them that the state's "Clear Zone" law prohibits trees and other objects from being within seven feet of the pavement's edge in a residential subdivision.

John and Melissa McCafferty said they'd gotten more than one warning letter, but that police cars and heavy machinery showed up without warning Friday morning to remove the hoops.

While their neighbors weren't home, the McCaffertys decided to fight back.

Melissa, 39, parked her van underneath the goal, climbed the pole and perched herself behind the backboard, risking arrest. McCafferty said she could only think about how sad her 10-year-old daughter would be about the removal.

"To be honest with you, I really wasn't thinking. All I was seeing was my 10-year-old's face," said McCafferty, who also has two teenagers who like to shoot hoops.

"They threatened to arrest me, and I told them that would be fine. I don't mind going to jail for my kids," she added.

When a news photographer showed up, police and work crews gave up trying to add McCafferty's hoop to several others they confiscated.

But they returned later, with a state police lieutenant again threatening to arrest the McCaffertys and impound their vehicles if they didn't give up the fight. John McCafferty said he was in the process of trying to get a restraining order, but that the lieutentant refused to allow him to contact a judge

A front-end loader yanked the pole out of the ground and put it in a dump truck that hauled it away.

"I have a feeling that when some of the neighbors come home, they're going to be devastated," Melissa said.

A Department of Transportation spokesman did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment Friday.

John McCafferty, 46, said the pole has been on the property since the 1950s, long before the Clear Zone law was enacted, and that he believes it is exempted from the law.

In any event, McCafferty said, the basketball hoop sits in a quiet cul-de-sac with little traffic and has never been a source of contention until now.

"It's been there for 61 years, and it's created no problem until this year," he said.

The McCaffertys said they and other residents believe the controversy stems from an anonymous complaint from an elderly neighbor upset about having to slow down for kids playing in the neighborhood.

"This is obnoxious," he said.

Great video evidence - but so sad to see - especially the lying cop.

Stary Hickory
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
That got my blood boiling. That woman needs to be locked up. Watching that video its obvious who belongs behind bars.

steph3n
03-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Your filthy lying govt at work.

AZKing
03-26-2011, 09:55 PM
You're trying to steal something off my property? Too bad.

kah13176
03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a good time to use my 2nd Amendment right. You're trying to steal something off my property? Too bad.

I don't see what's wrong with this, and why so many libertarians are against this. The non-aggression axiom permits the use of violence in defense of one's property.

jt8025
03-26-2011, 10:02 PM
I wonder what the laws were for putting the pole in what might have been a right of way.

aGameOfThrones
03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
It's not theft when the government does it. "Don't steal, the government hates competition."~Ron Paul

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a good time to use my 2nd Amendment right. You're trying to steal something off my property? Too bad.

What does she say at 3:05? I hear "....go back in the house".

I don't think I would put my life on the line for a basketball hoop.

MikeStanart
03-26-2011, 10:18 PM

The basketball pole is really a metaphor for our freedoms. You give them an inch, they'll take a mile. But yeah, I probably wouldn't shoot up people over a basketball goal; but I sure as HELL would put up another one!

sratiug
03-26-2011, 10:23 PM

Go back in the house.

Kludge
03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but that's not how peoples' emotions work. It's a bigger issue. These assholes are taking his dignity, threatening to take him and his wife to jail over a basketball hoop is insane. That's the biggest problem with government -- they supersede the will of the individual and strip him of his dignity, even when he's not doing anything dangerous.

You familiar with "nigga moments"? -- Boondocks took a shot at it, but it's much more significant when "society" aggresses against you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYd9pA8LIY

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah, but that's not how peoples' emotions work. It's a bigger issue. These assholes are taking his dignity, threatening to take him and his wife to jail over a basketball hoop is insane. That's the biggest problem with government -- they supersede the will of the individual and strip him of his dignity, even when he's not doing anything dangerous.

You familiar with "nigga moments"? -- Boondocks took a shot at it, but it's much more significant when "society" aggresses against you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYd9pA8LIY

Lol, I love Boondocks.

But seriously... pointing your gun at a cop is not a good idea. I mean they killed a deaf man for whittling... they'd kill you and be heros for it. You'd be dead or in jail for a long time and The State would cary on with its shenanigans.

BamaAla
03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I would have probably punched that blond woman in the mouth when she told me "go in the house."

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
But seriously... pointing your gun at a cop is not a good idea.

I haven't read anyone talking about pointing.

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I haven't read anyone talking about pointing.

So you're going to say, "Excuse me offer, but I'm armed and prepared to shoot you. So please get off my property." lol..

AGRP
03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
wow

TheNcredibleEgg
03-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Talking of shooting or threatening the police is just dumb. It would backfire badly - and be a counter-productive protest.

What the woman did at the beginning of the video was the perfect protest. Climbing the pole. Learn from the tree-huggers. Too bad she didn't have time to climb back up.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 10:38 PM
So, are they afraid the fire department won't be able to deploy an aerial ladder in a residential neighborhood? Or are they just militant about kids shooting hoops in the street? Because kids shoot hoops in the street around here all the time, and life goes on. I realize we don't have their traffic density, as a general rule, but damn...

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 10:45 PM
So, are they afraid the fire department won't be able to deploy an aerial ladder in a residential neighborhood? Or are they just militant about kids shooting hoops in the street? Because kids shoot hoops in the street around here all the time, and life goes on. I realize we don't have their traffic density, as a general rule, but damn...

I doubt there is a solid reason for doing it. Politicians just don't think of the people they impact with their regulations.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-26-2011, 10:53 PM
MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Get your basketball court out of the public road. I don't want stinking kids who do not pay for public roads interfering with my use of public roads. If you want public roads.... deal with it.

That looks like some fantastic government cake that has been baked in Delaware.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Get your basketball court out of the public road. I don't want stinking kids who do not pay for public roads interfering with my use of public roads. If you want public roads.... deal with it.

Oh, here we go. Next thing you know, you'll have to be sixteen, have a license, and mount a GPS tax meter to ride a bicycle in Delaware. Otherwise you'll just be a hazard to legitimate navigation.

Jeremy
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
We want our kids safely inside watching TV!

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh, here we go. Next thing you know, you'll have to be sixteen, have a license, and mount a GPS tax meter to ride a bicycle in Delaware. Otherwise you'll just be a hazard to legitimate navigation.

I raise your GPS tax meter with a GPS tax metering implant.

Are you against keeping the kiddies safe? You must be a pedophile or something because only a pedophile would oppose insuring the safety of kiddies with GPS tracking implants.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 11:12 PM
I raise your GPS tax meter with a GPS tax metering implant.

Hell, I see your implant and raise you a shock-collar-like device in it. Make it mandatory to get a driver's license so the cop doesn't have to chase you.

And may God have mercy on our souls.

kah13176
03-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Talking of shooting or threatening the police is just dumb. It would backfire badly - and be a counter-productive protest.

Well yes, obviously, but there must be certain scenarios where violence is justified. I truly believe there's a line to be crossed, and I think that line has already been crossed in the past: when government has instituted a draft. But where exactly does the line begin?

Reason
03-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Sometimes I want to say things in response & then I realize I am too afraid to do so on a public board such as this.

This is one of those times.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Hell, I see your implant and raise you a shock-collar-like device in it. Make it mandatory to get a driver's license so the cop doesn't have to chase you.

I raise your shock-collar-like device to a mandatory at birth GPS, tax metering, license tracking, sperm counting, central nervous system immobilizing implant with scoops on their way.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-26-2011, 11:28 PM
This youtube comment cracked me up

They may take our basketball goals, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

lol, youtube comments are off the chain, people started posting personal information of one of the reported individuals who initiated the complaint.

personal info deleted

AGRP
03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
This youtube comment cracked me up

lol, youtube comments are off the chain, people started posting personal information of one of the reported individuals who initiated the complaint.

Personal info? Here we gooooooooooo....

TheNcredibleEgg
03-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Well yes, obviously, but there must be certain scenarios where violence is justified. I truly believe there's a line to be crossed, and I think that line has already been crossed in the past: when government has instituted a draft. But where exactly does the line begin?

I wouldn't think it'd be wise to respond with violence to being drafted either. Just refuse to go. Choose jail instead. If enough people choose jail - perhaps the gov't would rethink whatever war they were fighting.

One action I can think of that warranted violence - the Japanese internments in the 1940s. They would have, no doubt, been decimated by the gov't - and people would probably just written them off as Japanese soldiers - but history, I think, would have justified their actions.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Well yes, obviously, but there must be certain scenarios where violence is justified.

I think enacting any law that penalizes someone who didn't commit violence against anyone else or break any contract is enough to warrant the use of violence is self-defense.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't think it'd be wise to respond with violence to being drafted either. Just refuse to go. Choose jail instead. If enough people choose jail - perhaps the gov't would rethink whatever war they were fighting.

Yeah, let's go to jail. What a fun thing to do. And if you get raped, at least you'd teach the government a lesson. It'd be worth it.

tangent4ronpaul
03-27-2011, 12:08 AM
the state's "Clear Zone" law prohibits trees and other objects from being within seven feet of the pavement's edge in a residential subdivision.

I'm pretty sure I know what this is about. Utility poles and heavy storms. When I first moved here, the tree limbs overshot the power lines, and we'd loose power up to 12 times a year. Then the county came in and really trimmed everyone's branches back, and it's now rare to ever loose power. I'm sure they found it a royal PITA to re-connect those things that often.

I'm sure the phrase "other objects" was just being vague, so they could deal with odd items. Clearly these basketball hoops would cause no threat to power lines, but like the government ban on lead, you get unintended consequences - in that case destroying children's books and putting people that make handmade toys out of business.

I think they have a case if they want to peruse it as the cop wouldn't let them contact a Judge for a restraining order. Something like that should have been grandfathered in, also.

-t

steph3n
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, let's go to jail. What a fun thing to do. And if you get raped, at least you'd teach the government a lesson. It'd be worth it.

What is the obsession some people with 'being raped' when in jail? It is damn easy to prevent. See those 2 thing hanging down? Smash em! that will remove the desire for the short term, and watch your back you may have to do it again.

This isn't rocket science.

That broom you have access to as a non violent offender, make a great defensive weapon. Plastic fork you eat with, same. They don't give you anything? You got hands. Use em. Grow your finger nails out just long enough for more effect.

nope I've never been in jail, and I don't plan to, but if I am, that won't be a concern to me.

TheNcredibleEgg
03-27-2011, 12:19 AM

You choose to respond with violence (over being drafted) then you'll either be dead or in jail for a long, long time.

That option has very little chance (if any) of getting enough people to join to be successful. But put enough peaceful people in jail - then you might sway public and gov't opinion.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:20 AM
nope I've never been in jail, and I don't plan to, but if I am, that won't be a concern to me.

I bet you're also a way above average armchair quarterback.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:21 AM
That option has very little chance (if any) of getting enough people to join to be successful. But put enough peaceful people in jail - then you might sway public and gov't opinion.

Who cares about public opinion? And about the government, it's kinda hard to sway the opinions of the worst scum in society, who are naturally attracted to the government.

TheNcredibleEgg
03-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Who cares about public opinion?

The gov't and politicians.

steph3n
03-27-2011, 12:25 AM
I bet you're also a way above average armchair quarterback.

nope, I just don't take crap from anyone, and that includes being raped. It won't happen.

It has nothing to do with this topic however since no one took it that far.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:27 AM
nope, I just don't take crap from anyone, and that includes being raped. It won't happen.

Believing in one's invincibility is great, but when you're fighting alone against a gang of 10 thugs it's possible that your beautiful thoughts won't guarantee you'll prevail.

low preference guy
03-27-2011, 12:28 AM
You choose to respond with violence (over being drafted) then you'll either be dead or in jail for a long, long time.

That's if you get caught. Also, there are other options, if you have resources. You can bribe somebody, go to live in the middle of nowhere, etc. Those options are preferable to me over losing my freedom and going to jail. The best possibility of all is of course secession, if there are enough people willing to do it.

tangent4ronpaul
03-27-2011, 12:32 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/suicidal_murder/derailed-train-derailed-thread-demo.jpg

AZKing
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
You'd be dead or in jail for a long time and The State would cary on with its shenanigans.

Who really loses from me going to jail? Let's see... I don't have to worry about debt, free medical care, free food, free showers... Yea, sounds real bad to me. In fact, if I ever got real sick I may be tempted to commit a crime just so I can get free medical care! In the meantime, that cop who just put me in jail is paying taxes so I can stay incarcerated for $25,000 a year.

Yea, put me in prison for not paying $500 in taxes. See if I could really care.

AZKing
03-27-2011, 12:36 AM
What is the obsession some people with 'being raped' when in jail? It is damn easy to prevent. See those 2 thing hanging down? Smash em! that will remove the desire for the short term, and watch your back you may have to do it again.

I would link to the real movie but I can't find a clip :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfr7YYAHlVU&feature=related

AZKing
03-27-2011, 12:37 AM
double post, sry

eOs
03-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Whatthefuck

BamaAla
03-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Who really loses from me going to jail? Let's see... I don't have to worry about debt, free medical care, free food, free showers... Yea, sounds real bad to me. In fact, if I ever got real sick I may be tempted to commit a crime just so I can get free medical care! In the meantime, that cop who just put me in jail is paying taxes so I can stay incarcerated for $25,000 a year.

Yea, but me in prison for not pay $500 in taxes. See if I could really care.

^reminds me of a scene from Arrested Development. Michael is talking about the horrors of going to jail then gets sidetracked talking about all the free time he'd have and the opportunities he'd have to get caught up on reading and begin a workout regimen.

On topic. Who was the woman directing all of this? Was she an official from DOT or what?

Kregisen
03-27-2011, 01:00 AM

You don't get raped in jail, you get raped in prison.

devil21
03-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Wow what a bunch of fucking Nazis, storming someone's property to steal their possessions without due process of law. Last time I checked, "we sent you letters" isn't due process. Some of yall are scared of the government but I have no trouble saying that I don't know how I'd react to something like that at any given time. No one is going to defend my freedom better than I am.

Dave Aiello
03-27-2011, 01:06 AM
I would have handcuffed myself to the poll. I wonder what would have came of this situation if he had done that? Good people disobey bad laws.

PS - Let's help this thing go viral.

Dave Aiello
03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Guy who made the complaint:

[Mod Note - personal info deleted ]

Philhelm
03-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Some good comments on this thread. While I agree that removing a basketball hoop isn't the greatest offense to liberty, especially with the current state of things, it's definitely symbolic and had my blood boiling with rage. This is the result of a busy-body, petty-authoritarian bureaucracy. As other's have stated, the man's dignity was taken, as well as his property...and for what? Keep in mind that the police would readily kill the man for putting up any sort of resistance; after all, every law ultimately has the threat of force behind it.

Go in the house, mundane.

Philhelm
03-27-2011, 01:15 AM
I would have handcuffed myself to the poll. I wonder what would have came of this situation if he had done that? Good people disobey bad laws.

PS - Let's help this thing go viral.

They would have taken a saw to your arm.

AGRP
03-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Disorderly conduct?

That seems to cover just about everything when you don't do what the police tells you to do; right or wrong.

Shouldn't we be able to arrest an officer when the officer refuses to enforce a law or harasses a person exercising open carry/a lawful act...for Disorderly conduct?

Philhelm
03-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Disorderly conduct?

That seems to cover just about everything when you don't do what the police tells you to do; right or wrong.

Shouldn't we be able to arrest an officer when the officer refuses to enforce a law or harasses a person exercising open carry/a lawful act...for Disorderly conduct?

Shut up and "go in the house" mundane.

Edit: And for good measure, "Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting!"

Philhelm
03-27-2011, 01:32 AM
It will be interesting to see what Anti Federalist will think of this...

*hides in bunker*

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Does anyone have any contact information for the family this happened to? I would like to get into contact with them!

tasteless
03-27-2011, 03:28 AM
They should buy one of those basketball hoops that have a base with wheels. Drive it to the police headquarters, and hold a basketball game, complete with referees in black and white striped shirts on their property. It's public property, isn't it? Alternatively, they can go to that bitch cop's house and do the same thing, since she doesn't seem to have respect for private property I'm sure she won't mind.

specialkornflake
03-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, everyone make sure to rate and comment on the video try to make it go viral, post it places!

AZKing
03-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Disorderly conduct?

That reminds me of when I was back in school and the administration would write you up for everything and anything for "defiance". I like to look back at that and think they were preparing us for real life :>

AZKing
03-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Went relatively viral on Reddit :>

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/gc864/delaware_police_lie_to_man_on_camera_and_then_rip/

AZKing
03-27-2011, 05:56 AM
edit: sorry, keep hitting reply instead of edit :<

TomtheTinker
03-27-2011, 07:17 AM
I think that would be it for me..I would go off the hinges.

This is where I draw the line..I have Zero respect for the government..zero. I know the day will come soon when something like this happens to me..and my friends I don't think I will handle it very well.

acptulsa
03-27-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I know what this is about. Utility poles and heavy storms.

I doubt it. Utility poles generally run down the back property line in neighborhoods, not the street.

TomtheTinker
03-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Guy who made the complaint:
[personal info deleted] \

Phone number???

acptulsa
03-27-2011, 07:23 AM
edit: sorry, keep hitting reply instead of edit :<

Hit the back arrow instead of 'post' to escape that trap.

This comes from a dedicated wrong button pusher, so you know it works.

idirtify
03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
One of the most effective oppositions is the video itself. It’s publication, and resulting consequences to the criminals, will work to prevent this kind of thing better than any of the previous suggestions here. Although, in a more informed world (hopefully soon), there would have been at least one more videographer who would have focused on zooming in on their faces and getting every government worker’s name and job title who was even the slightest bit involved in the seizure; starting with the leader of the “gang”, and then the supporting cops, and ending with the drivers of the equipment. Those individuals should not be allowed ANY privacy or anonymity so they can hide from accountability. In fact, I would like to have seen many camera-pointing neighbors flock to the scene and each one assigned to a single official for the sole purpose of hounding him/her for a name and badge number and job title (and in case they comply, then pester them for the addresses and telephone numbers of their workplace AND home).

newbitech
03-27-2011, 09:47 AM
i'd be sitting in jail right now if this was in front of my house

i would have hooked that basket ball pole up to a fire hydrant and given that cheep sweater wearing "officer" an enema

Philhelm
03-27-2011, 09:57 AM
One of the comments on reddit:

ethryx 5:

Now this is a story all about how
My basketball pole got taken down
And I'd like to take a moment just sit right there
I'll tell you how they snatched-up the hoop at my lair

In Wilmington Delaware, born and raised
On the sidewalk is where I spent most of my days,
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' with my spouse
Watchin' my girl play b-ball outside of my house.
When a couple old people who were up to no good
Started fussin' bout traffic in my neighborhood.
My wife climbed up our pole and pleaded 'We live on a Court!'
But the cops said, 'Ma'am, basketball is an illegal sport'.

I went through proper channels and needed time to phone my rep
But this femcop was like, 'Dawg, I suggest you just step'.
I asked the blonde dyke 'Yo, can I at least keep my pole?'
She seemed compromising, but turned out to be a troll.

They chained up my hoop n' I thought what-a fuckin' traitor
And the goofchop cop was like 'lolz, catch you later'
So I learned in this world ya gotta protect yo net
and to never trust a cop who's wearin' period sweats.

jmdrake
03-27-2011, 10:16 AM
More "sustainable development" going on.

dean.engelhardt
03-27-2011, 10:18 AM
The basketball pole is really a metaphor for our freedoms. You give them an inch, they'll take a mile. But yeah, I probably wouldn't shoot up people over a basketball goal; but I sure as HELL would put up another one!

+100

lester1/2jr
03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Honestly, It's hard for me to get behind this because I live in a thickly settled area nad I hate basketball nets. Its like living in a YMCA. If someone, anyone, came and took them away I'd be happy.

kah13176
03-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Honestly, It's hard for me to get behind this because I live in a thickly settled area nad I hate basketball nets. Its like living in a YMCA. If someone, anyone, came and took them away I'd be happy.

In this person's case, it was there for 60 years. That's a choice the person complaining made when buying the house. Also, it's appropriate for neighbors to try to work out contracts and agreements for themselves first.

acptulsa
03-27-2011, 10:25 AM
In this person's case, it was there for 60 years.

Let that be a lesson to everyone here. Go apply to have your homestead put on the local register of historic places. If they deny you, appeal. Keep it up as long as you can.

Makes it easy to get an injunction.

AGRP
03-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have any contact information for the family this happened to? I would like to get into contact with them!

Someone should set up an account for them to purchase a similar hoop with various traps around it.

dean.engelhardt
03-27-2011, 10:49 AM

I understand your feelings. But what about dogs? What if the police came to your house or your neighbors house and shot the dogs because of some local ordinance? This is the same thing.

These hoops are on private property and not harming the complainer. How does this guy use taxpayer money to damage another persons property?

tangent4ronpaul
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I doubt it. Utility poles generally run down the back property line in neighborhoods, not the street.

They are in front here. The other 2 possibilities are sidewalks that they like to put in sometimes and if the street is too narrow sometimes they like to take your land so they can widen it.

Carehn
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Just sad.

angelatc
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM

There's usually a right-of-way along the street for utilities. Water, Sewer, Gas, cable...

When you buy the land, it pretty clearly states that there's an easement that you can't do anything with but you still have to mow. Don't like it? Don't buy the house.

Dave Aiello
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM
bump

lester1/2jr
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
basket ball nets are terrible.

Philhelm
03-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Dunk

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-28-2011, 02:20 AM
I posted this on Facebook and one of my statist friends defended it on the sole principle that he works for Comcast and when he is doing installations he finds basketball hoops to be annoying to have to drive around. Sad, Sad, Sad... We may get in an uproar about this but your average person will not give a shit or will endorse this nonsense. They do not see it as a violation of property rights or as a government over stepping it's boundaries. I have just about lost all faith in humanity. I believe your average, modern American would not even take freedom if it came for free in a box of cereal.