PDA

View Full Version : Doctors: Reagan shooter is recovering, not a danger

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/26/hinckley.today/

After almost 30 years in a mental hospital, John W. Hinckley Jr., the college dropout who tried to kill President Ronald Reagan, is moving closer to the day his doctors may recommend he go free.

According to court records, a forensic psychologist at the hospital has testified that "Hinckley has recovered to the point that he poses no imminent risk of danger to himself or others."

That concerns former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova, who helped oversee Hinckley's prosecution in 1982. He told CNN, "I think John Hinckley will be a threat the rest of his life. He is a time bomb."

====
Ir's also heartwarming that the Reagan family can be so forgiving...

To: John Hinckley

My family and I wanted to drop you a short note to tell you how
pleased we are with the great strides you are making in your recovery.
In our country's spirit of understanding and forgiveness, we want you
to know that we bear no grudge against you for shooting President
Reagan.
We are fully aware that mental stress and pain could have driven you
to such an act of desperation. We're confident that you will soon make
a complete recovery and return to your family to join the world again
as a healthy and productive man.

Best wishes,
Nancy Reagan & Family

P.S. While you have been incarcerated, Barack Obama has been banging
Jodie Foster like a screen door in a tornado. You might want to look
into that.

AFPVet
03-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, the years of lithium and whatever they gave him probably turned him in to a docile, drooling mass. So yes, in short... he very well may be no threat.

PatriotOne
03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/26/hinckley.today/

into that.

hahaha :D

doodle
03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Holy Jesus, he is still in detention 30 years later?

Granted rule of law has to be upheld but crimes and prison terms need to take into account all the factors including mental state and proportianality of crime vs time served.

What about the Christian Palestinian refugee who shot Bobby Kennedy after watching his pro Israel senate run speech on TV, are they going to release him too?

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Somewhere out there is a Jack Ruby who has been waiting thirty years for this...

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Holy Jesus, he is still in detention 30 years later?

Granted rule of law has to be upheld but crimes and prison terms need to take into account all the factors including mental state and proportianality of crime vs time served.

What about the Christian Palestinian refugee who shot Bobby Kennedy after watching his pro Israel senate run speech on TV, are they going to release him too?

At a June 30, 2003 hearing, Lawrence Teeter, in an attempt to get Sirhan a new trial, claimed that Sirhan had been hypnotized into firing at Kennedy and that he may have been using blanks; that Sirhan couldn't possibly have fired the fatal shot from where he was standing; that prosecutors blackmailed his defense attorney to throw the case and that police and government agencies whitewashed or bungled investigations. The motion was denied.[13][14][15]
[edit] Imprisonment

As of 2011, Sirhan is confined at Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga, California, where he is housed in a cell by himself.[20] From 1992 to 2009, Sirhan had been confined at the California State Prison (COR) in Corcoran, California and lived in COR's Protective Housing Unit until he was moved to a harsher lockdown at COR in 2003.[21] Prior to 1992 he had been at the Correctional Training Facility (CTF) in Soledad, California.[21][22]
[edit] Applications for parole

In a 1980 transcripted interview with M.T. Mehdi, Sirhan claimed his actions were fueled by liquor and anger. He then complained that the parole board was not taking these "mitigating" circumstances into account when they continually denied his parole.[16]

On May 10, 1982, Sirhan told the parole board: "I sincerely believe that if Robert Kennedy were alive today, I believe he would not countenance singling me out for this kind of treatment. I think he would be among the first to say that, however horrible the deed I committed 14 years ago was, that it should not be the cause for denying me equal treatment under the laws of this country."[23][24]

A parole hearing for Sirhan is now scheduled every five years. On March 2, 2011, after 42 years in prison, Sirhan's 14th parole hearing was held, with Sirhan represented by his current attorney, William Francis Pepper. At his parole hearing, Sirhan testified that he continues to have no memory of the assasination nor of any details of his 1969 trial and confession. His parole was denied on the basis that Sirhan still does not understand the full ramifications of his crime.[25]

R3volutionJedi
03-26-2011, 08:24 PM
into that.

OMG. Did she write that??

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
into that.

OMG. Did she write that??

It's a joke

PatriotOne
03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
At a June 30, 2003 hearing, Lawrence Teeter, in an attempt to get Sirhan a new trial, claimed that Sirhan had been hypnotized into firing at Kennedy and that he may have been using blanks; that Sirhan couldn't possibly have fired the fatal shot from where he was standing; that prosecutors blackmailed his defense attorney to throw the case and that police and government agencies whitewashed or bungled investigations. The motion was denied.[13][14][15]
[edit] Imprisonment

As of 2011, Sirhan is confined at Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga, California, where he is housed in a cell by himself.[20] From 1992 to 2009, Sirhan had been confined at the California State Prison (COR) in Corcoran, California and lived in COR's Protective Housing Unit until he was moved to a harsher lockdown at COR in 2003.[21] Prior to 1992 he had been at the Correctional Training Facility (CTF) in Soledad, California.[21][22]
[edit] Applications for parole

In a 1980 transcripted interview with M.T. Mehdi, Sirhan claimed his actions were fueled by liquor and anger. He then complained that the parole board was not taking these "mitigating" circumstances into account when they continually denied his parole.[16]

On May 10, 1982, Sirhan told the parole board: "I sincerely believe that if Robert Kennedy were alive today, I believe he would not countenance singling me out for this kind of treatment. I think he would be among the first to say that, however horrible the deed I committed 14 years ago was, that it should not be the cause for denying me equal treatment under the laws of this country."[23][24]

A parole hearing for Sirhan is now scheduled every five years. On March 2, 2011, after 42 years in prison, Sirhan's 14th parole hearing was held, with Sirhan represented by his current attorney, William Francis Pepper. At his parole hearing, Sirhan testified that he continues to have no memory of the assasination nor of any details of his 1969 trial and confession. His parole was denied on the basis that Sirhan still does not understand the full ramifications of his crime.[25]

I assume you already know Hinkley was mk ultra'd also.....right?