PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's interview with Mike Huckabee will air tonight at 8:05 ET

MRoCkEd
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Ron Paul: (http://www.facebook.com/#!/ronpaul/posts/10150126317071686) I'll be on Huckabee on FOX News tonight at 8:05 ET. We're making up this week since last Saturday's interview was preempted.

Wait, you mean the NWO didn't start a war in Libya to prevent it from airing after all? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing004.gif

Anyway, tune in.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Wait, you mean the NWO didn't start a war in Libya to prevent it from airing after all?

Of course they did. But all those lives were wasted because we noticed and called them on it. So now they have their war and we have our interview. Everyone wins but the Libyans, those who thought Obama was a peacenik and Mike Huckabee.

TIMB0B
03-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Ron Paul: (http://www.facebook.com/#!/ronpaul/posts/10150126317071686) I'll be on Huckabee on FOX News tonight at 8:05 ET. We're making up this week since last Saturday's interview was preempted.

I see what he did there.

Galileo Galilei
03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I thought Huckabee was on Sunday nights?

EDIT:

my bad, he is on tonight!

http://tv.yahoo.com/listings?starttime=1301176800&provider=50200

Kregisen
03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Hooray!!! whoever youtubes this can have my babies!!!

Inkblots
03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
^ That's supposed to be an incentive? :D

USAFCapt
03-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Tivoed! I'm pretty sure the MSM knows that when RP is on their station, ratings double.

MRoCkEd
03-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Coming up

KramerDSP
03-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Mike Huckabee essentially is campaigning for President on his own show. If only Ron had a one-hour show on primetime live.

mac_hine
03-26-2011, 06:09 PM
I hope he comes on soon. This shit is unwatchable.

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
too short

KramerDSP
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
This was boring.

AtomiC
03-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Is that it?

spudea
03-26-2011, 06:15 PM
wtf was the point of that? 2 questions, only about impeaching obama. Huckabee is terrible or they decieded to pull the plug on the interview cuz huck wasn't getting the answers he wanted

low preference guy
I can't stand that phony preacher. Before Paul came, he said Obama should stick to sports broadcasting, because he seems good at it, and if he makes a mistake, it doesn't really matter, unlike when he makes decisions on important issues. It reminded me of an issue Huckabee made decisions which really mattered, like pardoning a rapist and a killer who went on to rape and kill after he was freed. Why doesn't he publicly repent about those decisions and commit to never ever run for office again?

MRoCkEd
Well that was terrible. I wish they didn't air it after all, lol

AtomiC
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
What a terrible interview and waste of a couple of minutes for Ron Paul.

Michael Landon
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Did I miss it?

- ML

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Ron looked tired.

Huckabee tried to get Ron to contradict himself asking him whether he would vote for impeachment if Kucinich brought it up. Paul didn't fall into the trap, so Huckabee was disappointed and ended the interview.

AtomiC
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Did I miss it?

- ML

Yeah, you didn't miss much though.

Huckabee asked him maybe 2 questions about impeaching Obama.

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Cool it guys. He had him on and was nice.

In the likely event he does not run, he might endorse Paul.

One think I didn't like was Paul saying that presidents had been too bold. I certainly hope if we can get him elected, that he will be bold. It's going to take that to fix things.

-t

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 06:20 PM
One think I didn't like was Paul saying that presidents had been too bold. I certainly hope if we can get him elected, that he will be bold. It's going to take that to fix things.

I think he meant they were too bold in violating the Constitution. I don't want Ron to be bold in that respect.

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
I suspect it was supposed to be longer but that lady passing away probably crunched his schedule.

JK/SEA
03-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Why is this Huckabee even on TV?...what a waste of time. Freaking shit going down everywhere and he dwells on impeaching Obaba....i wanna know who told Ron going on this show was a good idea. Don't they give you an idea what questions are gonna be asked or something?...geeez...

nate895
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I think he meant they were too bold in violating the Constitution. I don't want Ron to be bold in that respect.

I think it was even more specific to being to bold in our foreign policy. American Presidents seem to think that oath to protect the Constitution "from all enemies foreign" refers to imposing Western democracy wherever feasible.

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Ron has said that the president was fairly limited in what he could do.

Consider executive orders. I'm under the impression they are unconstitutional, but you can't get rid of one without signing an executive order.

How could Paul abolish a regulatory agency if Congress voted it into existence? I suppose he could veto it's funding, but Congress could over-ride him and even if he did, it would only last while he was in office.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Why is this Huckabee even on TV?

'Cause he ran for the nomination and got a lot of votes.

...what a waste of time.

Yeah, it was. But they said the same thing about Ron's campaign. And it seems like Huckabee went into the convention with more delegates.

His listeners aren't a waste of time. Dr. Paul's right to go try for their good opinion.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 06:29 PM
How could Paul abolish a regulatory agency if Congress voted it into existence?

Congress could vote it out of existence and President Paul could sign the bill.

Just in case anyone thought Congressional and Senate seats unimportant.

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Consider executive orders. I'm under the impression they are unconstitutional, but you can't get rid of one without signing an executive order.

I think it's constitutional to sign an executive order nullifying all others.

How could Paul abolish a regulatory agency if Congress voted it into existence? I suppose he could veto it's funding, but Congress could over-ride him and even if he did, it would only last while he was in office.

He could simply not make appointments. If he has an adversarial Congress, he won't be able to change much except for bringing the troops home from more than 100 countries, ending three wars, and pardoning all non-violent drug users. I wonder if he could suspend the income tax for 4 years. If he does, the effect will be that people know that the country can survive without an income tax, and make them more willing to repeal it. The consequences of that action will be felt even after Ron leaves office.

nate895
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Executive orders are constitutional. However, they are only to be for the purposes of executing the laws of the United States, which means that Congress has to have already passed a law/act pursuant to the Constitution before the President can issue an executive order to accomplish it. That is what it means to even have an executive branch.

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Congress could vote it out of existence and President Paul could sign the bill.

Just in case anyone thought Congressional and Senate seats unimportant.

That's a LOT o seats!

Personally, I think Paul shutting them down for a while and people seeing things get better would be the way to do it. Take the FDA or Dept of Education, for example.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
That's a LOT o seats!

Personally, I think Paul shutting them down for a while and people seeing things get better would be the way to do it. Take the FDA or Dept of Education, for example.

Is an interesting notion. Congress votes them into existence and funds them, while the executive is placed (at least nominally) in charge of many or most of them through the Cabinet. So, if he has his cabinet secretary shut them down, how does he keep them from spending whatever money Congress has already given them? And will Congress insist on honoring the seniority of all those civil servants?

tsai3904
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51953.html

Newt Gingrich says he could sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president, accomplishing everything from abolishing a circuit court to further tightening restrictions on federal funding for abortions.

“If we have the right election in 2012 and we elect the right congress and the right president that from day one, we can have executive orders — maybe as many as 150 to 200 of them — on the first day,” Gingrich told religious conservatives at the American Family Association's pastors' policy briefing in Iowa Friday.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 06:53 PM
'Newt Gingrich says he could sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president, accomplishing everything from abolishing a circuit court to further tightening restrictions on federal funding for abortions.'

He's an effing monarchist! So long, of course, as he wears the crown.

How can we contrast for the public this dictatorial crap from Ron Paul's true principles? If we can do that, we can finally rise above all this Tea Party astroturf noise.

sharpsteve2003
03-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Here's the YouTube
Ron Paul Interview On Fox With Mike Huckabee (03/26/2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZ6s5s9MOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZ6s5s9MOI

tangent4ronpaul
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
These don't sound that bad...

"Gingrich called for abolishing the Ninth Circuit Court, which he sees as part of an activist judiciary, abolishing all “czars” created by the Obama administration"

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
These don't sound that bad...

"Gingrich called for abolishing the Ninth Circuit Court, which he sees as part of an activist judiciary, abolishing all “czars” created by the Obama administration"

Don't sound that good, either. Neither the Drug Czar nor the Homeland Security Czar were created by Obama.

Lucille
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the tube. I deleted it because I thought they bumped him again, this time to honor Geraldine Ferraro. For some reason I was under the impression it was going to be a major segment with him in the studio (wishful thinking maybe).

Too short, but it was a good interview.

Paulatized
03-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Really, what has the real point of this interview? It came across as really strange the way Huckabee framed the whole interview. Couldn't figure out if it was an attempt to make him seem as fringe as Kucinich or whether he just had him on to increase rating or what??? I thought the interview probably didn't hurt RP with Huckabee's audience but didn't allow for much insights into his reasoning either. There was so much more RP could have added to the discussion.

FrankRep
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Really, what has the real point of this interview? It came across as really strange the way Huckabee framed the whole interview. Couldn't figure out if it was an attempt to make him seem as fringe as Kucinich or whether he just had him on to increase rating or what??? I thought the interview probably didn't hurt RP with Huckabee's audience but didn't allow for much insights into his reasoning either. There was so much more RP could have added to the discussion.

Ron Paul believes Libya intervention an 'impeachable’ offense (http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/22/ron-paul-believes-libya-intervention-an-impeachable-offense/)

The Daily Caller
March 22, 2011

Ron Paul's spokeswoman Rachel Mills confirmed to The Daily Caller via email that Ron Paul shares Kucinich’s point of view on the severity of the constitutional breach. “Yes, he thinks it is an impeachable offense,” Mills wrote.

Signal mix up?

1000-points-of-fright
03-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Ron Paul's spokeswoman Rachel Mills confirmed to The Daily Caller via email that Ron Paul shares Kucinich’s point of view on the severity of the constitutional breach. “Yes, he thinks it is an impeachable offense,” Mills wrote.

Signal mix up?

Believing it is an impeachable offense and actually calling for impeachment are two different things. As Paul said, if congress jumped to impeachment for every possible offense no president would stay in office for more than a year and congress would never get anything done. Say... we might be on to something here.

FrankRep
03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Believing it is an impeachable offense and actually calling for impeachment are two different things. As Paul said, if congress jumped to impeachment for every possible offense no president would stay in office for more than a year and congress would never get anything done. Say... we might be on to something here.

Rachel Mills gave the News Media the impression that Ron Paul supported impeachment. Can't really fault Mike Huckabee for that one.

Like I said before, a signal mix between Rachel Mills and Ron Paul.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Say... we might be on to something here.

You betcha.

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." -- Will Rogers

Like I said before, a signal mix between Rachel Mills and Ron Paul.

Nah. You know what they say about assuming things, like that Ron Paul will jump on every impeachable offense. Makes an ass out of Huckabee. Or something like that.

RileyE104
03-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Why are you guys complaining about that interview??

It was great and he got some awesome intro and exit applause!

Plus, Huckabee didn't act like an ass and did what a real interviewer is supposed to do.
Ya, he only asked two questions but I'm sure if he considers Ron for another show there will be more..

Paulatized
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
double post

Paulatized
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Why are you guys complaining about that interview??

It was great and he got some awesome intro and exit applause!

Plus, Huckabee didn't act like an ass and did what a real interviewer is supposed to do.
Ya, he only asked two questions but I'm sure if he considers Ron for another show there will be more..

Maybe it was just so totally different from what I was expecting.

Was this the only article that made a reference to RP saying something about impeachment, Huckabee did use the plural "articles?." Anybody know of another one besides The Daily Caller one?

FrankRep
03-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Was this the only article that made a reference to RP saying something about impeachment, Huckabee did use the plural "articles?." Anybody know of another one besides The Daily Caller one?

Quite a few News Sources jumped on it.

Ron Paul believes Libya intervention an ‘impeachable’ offense
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110322/pl_dailycaller/ronpaulbelieveslibyainterventionanimpeachableoffen se

Ron Paul Agrees Obama's Libya Adventure Is "Impeachable" Offense
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/03/22/ron_paul_agrees_obamas_libya_adventure_is_impeacha ble_offense.html

Ron Paul believes Libya intervention an ‘impeachable’ offense
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284511-Ron-Paul-believes-Libya-intervention-an-%91impeachable%92-offense

Ron Paul thinks warmonger Obama's meddling in Libya is impeachable
http://politifi.com/news/Ron-Paul-thinks-warmonger-Obamas-meddling-in-Libya-is-impeachable-1797580.html

VIDEODROME
03-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I only wish Huckabee had been asked if He thought it was an impeachable offense.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 08:03 PM
They all seem straightforward and not dishonest. But realclearpolitics isn't exactly real clear with the punctuation they inserted in the transcript.

I only wish Huckabee had been asked if He thought it was an impeachable offense.

'...if He thought...'? Don't believe everything you hear about him. There's nothing Divine about the guy.

Michael Landon
03-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I just watched the video and obviously they taped a new segment rather than using the segment they taped last week. Bummer, I wish I could have seen what Ron Paul said last week when the war had just started.

- ML

QueenB4Liberty
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM

yeah, me too!

Paulatized
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I just watched the video and obviously they taped a new segment rather than using the segment they taped last week. Bummer, I wish I could have seen what Ron Paul said last week when the war had just started.

- ML

Guess that was what I was expecting.

acptulsa
03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Crumbs for the Paultards.

Well, no news is good news. If Paul hadn't kept Huckster in his pwned state, they would have shown it all over and over.

scrosnoe
03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
strictly a guess here but it looks to me like the original segment was not aired when it was timely and when it would have been a strong counter to a week of war propoganda by fox/faux news

...now after a week of war machine propaganda blitz we have an edited segment of what Ron Paul actually said a week ago --

Even having said all that it still is hard to make Ron Paul look bad because he is so honest and so knowledgeable about the constitution and the ways of washington/msm

not another war please everyone!
no more money down the drain dear Congress!
no more lives lost at our hands dear humanitarians!
no more violation of the Constitution dear Republicans/Democrats!
no more imperial presidency Barack Obama!

praying for mercy from God even if we don't deserve it~

just my $0.02

BlackTerrel
03-26-2011, 10:43 PM
This was boring.

No way. This was the interview to end all interviews. This was a game changer. Earth shattering.

Which is the reason TPTB and the MSM were so terrified of letting this thing air.... or so I have heard for the last couple days.

low preference guy
03-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Which is the reason TPTB and the MSM were so terrified of letting this thing air.... or so I have heard for the last couple days.

to be fair to the posters you're referring to, they didn't air the original interview but made a new one.

BlackTerrel
03-26-2011, 11:06 PM
to be fair to the posters you're referring to, they didn't air the original interview but made a new one.

Ah good point. Just realized that.

Kregisen
03-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Was this a brand new interview or just a shortened version of last week's?

civusamericanus
03-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Was this a brand new interview or just a shortened version of last week's?
This is a new interview since Hucabee closed with talking about Geraldine Ferraro. Fox must have shelved the origial interview.

Where does Huckabee get his information? Huckabee looked like a fool, by not having accurate quotes of what RP said in regards to impeachement for Obama over the Libyan attack. In Huckabee's defense, he looked as pissed about the incorrect information as RP did, someone on Huckabee's staff will likely get fired over this.

Huckabee probably got his information from the same place as "Canada's National Igloo".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bCyy7q_ylc

Huckabee was one of the few in 2008, who didn't snear and laugh at Paul during the debates, that's the only credit I'm giving him for being a gentleman.

Trigonx
03-27-2011, 06:34 AM
interview was ok. Was expecting something different.

acptulsa
03-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Huckabee was one of the few in 2008, who didn't snear and laugh at Paul during the debates, that's the only credit I'm giving him for being a gentleman.

Don't know how much credit I give him for this. He didn't get that much more chance to be heard at all in the debates than Paul himself. Who knows what he would have done, given the time. And I expect Paul looked unhappy with the situation here because he was hoping for more out of Huckabee than Impeachment Gotcha. Why he would assume Paul would jump on every impeachable offense I'm sure I don't know, but as the man said in a bad movie once, 'Assumption is the mother of all $@&%ups.

civusamericanus
03-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Bottom line for Ron Paul, he doesn't like to waste his time on leg. that won't go anywhere. Another thing many people don't get is Ron Paul, would encourage phasing out depts. not simply ending them as soon as he took office.