PDA

View Full Version : What are we to do when....

rp4prez
10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
....RP wins the whole shoot and sa'bang? Guess there's not much of a point for grassroots forum anymore right? hm... Any suggestions on how to keep the revolution alive, growing, and a beacon after all this plays out?

CoreyBowen999
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I think we keep a grassroots forum just for other candidates running in the name of liberty.

Chrispy
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I say we keep the grassroots to make sure our message resonates through the midterm elections. We'll need to gain like minded people into congress so Ron Paul can actually get his issues passed in congress. Ron Paul is only the executive, it'll take many years to take over the legislative.

pcosmar
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Once the Federal Government is under control we work on the States.

DjLoTi
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
RonPaulradio will turn into white house/political news plus just fun and freedom :)

blamx8
10-24-2007, 05:46 PM
One of the moderators said that the plan is to keep this as a forum that encourages constitutional government and freedom on all levels.

DaronWestbrooke
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Keep him in check.

MikeStanart
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
We could always convert this into a forum to discuss current politics, Liberty, more RP-like canadites, etc....

Delaware
10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Even if we cannot win this, we should fund grassroots candidates of Conservative-Libertarian or Paleo-conservative or Libertarian like principles. With the money we've raised for Ron Paul, we could probably at least fund alot of State Representatives and State Congress members as well as possibly US Congress and Senate.

BillyDkid
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
One thing about libertarian leaning types is they tend not to be joiners and are inclined to go their own way. All that holds us together is our love for and belief in liberty.

Akus
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
....RP wins the whole shoot and sa'bang? Guess there's not much of a point for grassroots forum anymore right? hm... Any suggestions on how to keep the revolution alive, growing, and a beacon after all this plays out?

pester the shit out of your congressman when RP pushes for some govt reduction program and the Congress digs in its heels. Ron Paul winning the presidency, while necessary, is by itself alone is not enough. Congress has to work together with him, so we need to let our senators and Congressmen know we will watch them or we will elect someone else.

Jordan
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
We've got enough ground covered and enough resources to sway politics for a long time to come. I say we start the "internet" party and use our position to endorse candidates.

M.Bellmore
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
I want the DNI job :D

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I really wish RP could win but he can't. Presidential elections have a pre-determined winner years in advance by the people behind the scenes.

The winner for 2008 will be Hillary. This has been planned for many years.

Bush Sr -> Bill Clinton -> Bush Jr -> Hillary Clinton -> Jeb Bush

All my money is on this.

Daveforliberty
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
The battle between the champions of liberty and and the forces of statism has been going on literally since 1787, at least. In the last few decades, we have been reduced to a remnant.

But the remnant is awakening, and growing.

When this presidential campaign is over, the forum stays together as an information clearinghouse. The Meetups stay together to run and promote liberty minded politicians in all state and local races, and we keep going until we win over the nation.

Understand this, and take heart. Generations X and Y are already coalescing into the 21st century equivalent of the founders. These young people will have liberty and nothing less. They will fight if they have to. They will eventually take over, and freedom will be ascendant.

I am 100% convinced of this.