PDA

View Full Version : Awesome commercial that played during Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Original_Intent
03-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Talk about a well placed commercial - it ran right after Sarah Connor carves "No Fate" on the picnic table..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-LFK6fa44

MN Patriot
03-26-2011, 11:45 AM
I saw this commercial before. The Chinese have conquered us without firing a shot. We are their tax slaves. Karl Marx is smiling.

Original_Intent
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
First we will take Eastern Europe, then the masses of Asia, then we will encircle the United States which will be the last bastion of capitalism. We will not have to attack. It will fall like an overripe fruit into our hands. -- V.I. Lenin

Maybe it is a fake quote, but it sure fits.

Yieu
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Weird, people in the comment section are acting like this was racist. I think I'm pretty decent at detecting racism so as to fight against it, but I didn't see any in that video. It's not about race, it's about unsustainable debt, which can cause the ruin of a nation and has in the past.

nayjevin
03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Think of what it would be like if the same thing were done in the opposite direction:

'We own China's debt... now they work for us.'

Americans: 'HAHAHHHA'

I don't like that sentiment. Otherwise well done commercial though, and probably effective for many Americans.

osan
03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Think of what it would be like if the same thing were done in the opposite direction:

'We own China's debt... now they work for us.'

Americans: 'HAHAHHHA'

I don't like that sentiment.

What, precisely, do you mean by this?

nayjevin
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't see humor in the concept. It seems the viewpoint of the master over the slave. I'd think it might be an accurate portrayal of the sentiment of an 'overlord' but not that of a moral being.

osan
03-27-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't see humor in the concept. It seems the viewpoint of the master over the slave. I'd think it might be an accurate portrayal of the sentiment of an 'overlord' but not that of a moral being.

Still not clear. Are you saying you don't like the concept per se, or the ad that was illustrating a possible and perhaps probable instance of it coming to reality?

osan
03-27-2011, 06:22 AM

Still not clear. Are you saying you don't like the concept per se, or the ad that was illustrating a possible and perhaps probable instance of it coming to reality?

MN Patriot
03-27-2011, 06:26 AM

It is already a reality. We are tax slaves. Do you have a job? Do you pay attention to the money confiscated from your paycheck in the tax withholding section? That money goes to China to pay the interest on the national debt.

Yieu
03-27-2011, 06:47 AM

Yeah, the laughing came off as rude, that was the only part that might have looked bad.

nayjevin
03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the laughing came off as rude, that was the only part that might have looked bad.

^this

The Dark Knight
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
@ original intent. I think Kruschev, told that to Ezra Taft Benson

jmdrake
03-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Meh. It's not racist. If the Soviets had gone the way of the Chinese then that commercial could have been made with white people. It's not even really anti Chinese government. It's not China's fault our government is so screwed up.

AGRP
03-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Interesting youtube comments. Is the video linked from a Michael Moore video?