PDA

View Full Version : The best thing to do with REDSTATE blog

Dave Wood
10-24-2007, 05:00 PM
What happens when you take something away from someone that they thought they owned?

They tend to want it back! It is human nature. Salespeople use it all the time. It works. Its called "The takeaway" sale, "the puppy dog close" and other names.

People tend to want things that they think they cant have more than the things that are easily gotten.

With Redstate, I say we send out communication to every person possible who supports or is close to supporting Ron Paul and ASK them NOT to even click on a link that goes to Redstate.

We dont need them, and they dont need us. If we completely go away, a couple things will likely happen.

At first they will say good riddance, then they will begin to realize how shallow and weak the other R candidates are because there will be no talk of RP.

They will continue to see his momentum building but now they are totally on the outside of it. No communication. They will start to think that maybe, just maybe it was REDSTATE that was kicked to the curb and not the other way around.

The olive branches will start to appear but hopefully it will be too late for them as the word is now well known to all RP people that you dont talk to REDSTATE period.

That is where the feeling of the takeaway sale comes in. The people who really want a piece of RP will leave REDSTATE and come along, and be HAPPY to be included in the movement. The rest of them will endure the feeling of loss and defeat because they had something good and let it get away.

Sorry for the rant.........I hope it makes some sense to you all.

The key is showing people that we dont need them as much as they need us, even if that isnt true at that moment. its perception.

werdd
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
if we gave them no hits, they would die out quietly....

Kap
10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
The problem we have with Redstate are the idiots posting hate speech. I'm no fan of censorship and I personally hope Redstate falls apart because of it, but we're providing them with the ammo they need to attack Ron Paul.

If your going to debate 'em, debate 'em or try and get other Restate members to support you instead of ranting hate speech. Anyone can copy and paste and it doesn't help Ron Paul out in the least.

Spirit of '76
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I just registered RedWhiteBlueState.com today.

We're going to out-conservative their so-called "conservative" blog. :D

TooConservative
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
People tend to want things that they think they cant have more than the things that are easily gotten.
You mean things you can't have like posting privileges at RedState if you're a new account there?

Dude, forget them. They really aren't that important to our campaign. We have a lot of great websites, some great folks too.

The argument can be made that our campaign is better off not wasting much time on bellicose neoconservative sites generally filled with chickenhawk hysterics. It's like arguing with the old Prussian aristocracy and frightened old ladies.

We have to draw the people to our own positive message and our own candidate, not just dispute with the minor mouthpieces of the war hysterics.

RickSp
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
The problem we have with Redstate are the idiots posting hate speech.

LOL. Unless you are referring to the editors of Redstate as "the idiots posting hate speech," I think that you are naive. The Redstate folks are neocon apologists. Why should it be surprising that they are anti-Ron Paul?

Dave Wood
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=TooConservative;312508]You mean things you can't have like posting privileges at RedState if you're a new account there?

Dude, forget them. They really aren't that important to our campaign. We have a lot of great websites, some great folks too.

GOOD POINT! MY POINT EXACTLY:)

I mean things you cant have like 15,000 to 30,000 or so politically passionate "Republican" bloggers that spend the time on your site to read and post and get out on the streets with power to make things happen.

RP people are much more energetic and we like to debate the issues with other folks.

Your point of their site being apologists---good point. That has to be a really boring life.

Once ALL, ALL Rp people are GONE from that site, what is left for them?

Who can be the best apologist, and what candidate is the best of all of the evils.

Ahem! They have 2 choices, get back into the game with the Paulites and enjoy spirited debate or bury your head in the sand and get absorbed by HANNITY forums.

wgadget
10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
So if we're not allowed to talk about Ron Paul, why do they keep writing MORE ARTICLES about him? I don't get it.

Dave Wood
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
So if we're not allowed to talk about Ron Paul, why do they keep writing MORE ARTICLES about him? I don't get it.

They are still trying to get our attention...............ignore:p

me3
10-24-2007, 08:35 PM
The best thing to do with REDSTATE blog
is ignore them and get back on the campaign trail! :)

axiomata
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Whostate? ;)

JPFromTally
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I have made it a point not to click on any of their links when doing news searches.

Thunderbolt
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
They are like bullies putting little girl's braids in the inkwell to get noticed. Totally ignore them. Do not in any case click on tab that come from that site. Have you noticed they can't stop writing about him now? They are desperate to get us back.

I don't care if they call all of us Nazis. Ignore their site. Oh, you can attack them on other sites. but do not send them one second's worth of traffic. Someone keeps writing that they are really just a blog owned or controlled by the Clintons trying to discredit Ron Paul because Hillary knows Ron is the only Republican who can beat her.

That may be true.

They call us shills. I say we calls em like we sees em, they are shills for Hillary. Red? state. Funny they would choose a communist name, don't you think?

They will have nothing to say very soon because the other candidates do not speak.

Isn't there a site that tracks website activity. Why don't we post that here, see where they are right now, do a total blackout of them and tell all our friends to do the same and see what happens to their site activity?

Paul4Prez
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I've visited RedState.com for the last time. Ever.

wsc321
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I also suggest ignoring them - especially since their "Ron Paul" blog/articles seemed to have increased since their Ron Paul supporter ban. (They can now disseminate their bias without contest, as they selectively enforce their site rules and only allow hand-picked contributors to comment on Ron Paul.)

Just check their website traffic vs. this site on Alexa:

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=redstate.com&u=ronpaulforums.com&r=1y&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

It looks like this site (and Ron Paul's campaign) is saving them from extinction. So don't click on their site for any reason.

Of course, I'd recommend avoiding their site even if it were growing, but I'd hate for RP's campaign being used as fuel for the dwindling fire of their site to be kept alive.

I think the gist of the matter is this: Attacks in various forms will increase in proportion to the threat of Ron Paul's campaign. Best thing to do is decide not to let any attacks, or media bias, or anything else distract us from going door-to-door, etc, and doing the work of grassroots support. Let's focus all energy on winning the early primaries and not look back.

JAHOGS
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Just quit clicking on there stories. It seems to me since they have banned RP supporters they are writing three stories every hour. So don't give them the time of day to click on there stories.

steph3n
10-24-2007, 11:03 PM
we should censor their links here in retaliation giving them no google PR or hits! BAM! FREE MARKET! :D

speciallyblend
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
?? I thought Redstate was a piece in the new risk game??;)

Why are there links on ronpaulplanet,to this crappy site?

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Why is the daily paul and ronpaulplanet helping the redstate crap,they keep posting links on them??

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Someone needs to contact RonPaulplanet and daily paul and tell them to stop posting links to the site

American
10-25-2007, 01:09 AM
you seem pretty concerned about this I see, why dont you contact them?

:)

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 01:11 AM
F them,I'm just responding to the thread ,we can stop posting links to their dumbass site.

just sitting at work reading threads;) its almost 2 here,if there was someone at work,id being talking RON PAUL:)

Ron Pauling IT 2008