PDA

View Full Version : RPF Demographics: Which sex are you?

Edward
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Which sex are you?

Triton
10-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Which sex are you?Sex? Yes!

Oh, wait, you want my gender. Silly me. Male.:D

Edward
10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Sex? Yes!

Oh, wait, you want my gender. Silly me. Male.:DCan't remember the comedian from who I heard this:

I had to fill out a form at the DMV. Where it asked "Sex", I couldn't decide what to check. I prefer "F", but I'm usually by myself... so I checked "M".

Triton
10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Can't remember the comedian from who I heard this:

I had to fill out a form at the DMV. Where it asked "Sex", I couldn't decide what to check. I prefer "F", but I'm usually by myself... so I checked "M".That sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield line.

Matt Collins
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Is Edward the official pollster now? Ha ha...

But really this poll will yield no surprises for sure.

Edward
10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Is Edward the official pollster now? Ha ha...

But really this poll will yield no surprises for sure.I think it confirms what most of us already know. The Ron Paul campaign needs to garner much more support with women voters.

work2win
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I've been curious about this. I think we have more women on here than everyone thinks. I know one thing for sure...this forum has more women on it than any other forum I've been to.

JPFromTally
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
There's a difference between voters and fans. Guys like me will follow the campaign closely. My girlfriend on the other hand will watch a debate here or there and will vote when the time comes.

paulitics
10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
The bias in this poll is that guys are more likely to be cyber geeks. Therefore spend to much time on the computer. Women socialize more, and may vote for RP but may not be HERE, but elsewhere. That is my spin on it.

Sandy
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
That one remark sounded like Austin Powers.

Female. :cool:

Hi folks.

Abobo
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Something is very wrong with this poll... It says there are some woman on this forum. But we all know that's false because there are no chicks on the interwebs.

I'm sorry, but your poll is wrong.

Edward
10-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I've been curious about this. I think we have more women on here than everyone thinks. I know one thing for sure...this forum has more women on it than any other forum I've been to.You could be right, but I suspect that those for Clinton, Obama, and Edwards might have higher numbers and percentages of women.

There's a difference between voters and fans. Guys like me will follow the campaign closely. My girlfriend on the other hand will watch a debate here or there and will vote when the time comes.

The bias in this poll is that guys are more likely to be cyber geeks. Therefore spend to much time on the computer. Women socialize more, and may vote for RP but may not be HERE, but elsewhere. That is my spin on it.I sure hope you guys are right. The current breakdown here* is nearly 80/20. I doubt that it is even 2/1 in the general population

*As stated in the name of the thread, this poll reflects the composition of those in this forum rather than those in the general population who may support Ron Paul.

Hope
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
The bias in this poll is that guys are more likely to be cyber geeks. Therefore spend to much time on the computer. Women socialize more, and may vote for RP but may not be HERE, but elsewhere. That is my spin on it.

Cyber geeks? Come on, this isn't 1998! The stats show that men and women spend about the same amount of time online. :)

Edward
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Cyber geeks? Come on, this isn't 1998! The stats show that men and women spend about the same amount of time online. :)I would love to hear from some women as to why they think men who support Paul seem to far out number the women who do so.

Nefertiti
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I've commented elsewhere in these forums why I think the men outnumber the women in these particular forums. The reaction I got to my comments only served to confirm to me what I thought was behind it in the first place.

ronpaulfan
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
sausage fest! :mad:

Hope
10-24-2007, 08:26 PM
It's such a complex question. Why are more men into politics in general? Why are so many more men Libertarian than women? Is it society or is it biology? On that last question, the answer probably falls somewhere between both, but for our purposes I'm going to focus on the social aspect.

In my experience, there have been two main obstacles in getting into the politics game. One, I've found that the women I've known (myself included) have had a tendency to sometimes take things personally in heated political discussion. I've seen women break down crying at what appeared to be a civil, non-personal discussion where disagreement was present. I've found myself feeling attacked and angry when I shouldn't have. I'm sure men fall into the same trap too sometimes, but I don't think they do it as much. This could be because when women do enter that kind of enviornment it's not something we're used to -- even in today's society women aren't usually invited into the proverbial cigar room to discuss politics. Secondly, I've noticed that in many cases men treat the female in the room differently when politics is being discussed. Where they might make a snarky comment with another man, they yell at or talk over the woman. Women tend to feather their opinions with, "I feel" or "I think" or "I don't understand," and you'd think that'd make things altogether more agreeable...but it doesn't have that effect. I'm not sure why. In any case, the combination of these two things closes the door on politics for most women who don't want to invite that kind of confrontation. It creates a cycle that just reinforces itself over and over again.

Of the women who are involved in politics and show a more liberal leaning, I don't think it's as simplistic as, "Oh, they just want the government to take care of them like a husband or father." It's important to note that the actual disparity is only around 45/55, so despite what Ann Coulter may have told you, it's not such a huge difference as you might think.

I believe more men are Libertarians for the same reason more men are geeks. It's not necessarily that men are smarter than women (IQ tests show them at about neck and neck), but that it takes a certain level of social dissonance to seek those things out. The more mainstream something is, the more women get involved (I think liberalism is a bit more socially acceptable and in the media more, for instance, which is probably why more women are liberal). The answer is to make Ron Paul accessible and visible to women through signs, personal conversations, etc. :) Of course, it doesn't help if a woman interested in RP comes to a forum like this and finds a thread where women are shrugged off as stupid, selfish cows who should get back in the kitchen. I wish I could say I was joking about that thread...

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Haha all these polls, we have age and sex - what's next, location?

DeadheadForPaul
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Young males are the biggest demographic on the internet. Additionally, men tend to be more political than women. I'm surprised that there is more than 10% female

nbhadja
10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
This proves it, men are smarter, much smarter!!

Sergeant Brother
10-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Race! That wont be controversial at all.

Sparx
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Is this the forum version of AOL chat? What's your A/S/L/OTP?

Edward, are you just looking for some action? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Sparx0326/Smilies/59.gif

Roxi
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Cyber geeks? Come on, this isn't 1998! The stats show that men and women spend about the same amount of time online. :)

i agree... but... ive been called an internet nerd/cyber geek before because i spend a lot of time on the internet researching, making websites and using programs... my mom however who spends MORE time on the internet than I do ONLY plays games on Pogo.... so yes women do spend as much time on the internet as men but women are more likely playing games and email forwarding than doing what I do on the internet. (and i do like playing cutesy games on the internet sometimes too:D)

Sparx
10-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I'd have to agree roxic.

My Mom is also obsessed with Pogo....sometimes I feel guilty for introducing her to it, but what can I say...she likes her online bingo. :o

work2win
10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Currently almost 25% female. Considering women make up 50% of the population and that generally, men are more into politics, I think we're doing pretty good. Now if it was 5% or less, that might be something to worry about!

Remember, that isn't 25% "support", thats 25% "FIERCE SUPPORT."

Edward
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.anselm.edu/NR/rdonlyres/B9C20574-57F4-47E9-8207-42252C4FA767/11912/saintanselmcollegepoll102507data.pdf

I think this recent New Hampshire poll is good news for Paul's campaign, however, it does confirm (on page 3) that Giuliani, McCain, Romney, and Huckabee appear to have a higher ratio of women:men supporters.

Lois
10-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Female :)

Edward
10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
bump

cjhowe
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
It's such a complex question. Why are more men into politics in general? Why are so many more men Libertarian than women? Is it society or is it biology? On that last question, the answer probably falls somewhere between both, but for our purposes I'm going to focus on the social aspect.

In my experience, there have been two main obstacles in getting into the politics game. One, I've found that the women I've known (myself included) have had a tendency to sometimes take things personally in heated political discussion. I've seen women break down crying at what appeared to be a civil, non-personal discussion where disagreement was present. I've found myself feeling attacked and angry when I shouldn't have. I'm sure men fall into the same trap too sometimes, but I don't think they do it as much. This could be because when women do enter that kind of enviornment it's not something we're used to -- even in today's society women aren't usually invited into the proverbial cigar room to discuss politics. Secondly, I've noticed that in many cases men treat the female in the room differently when politics is being discussed. Where they might make a snarky comment with another man, they yell at or talk over the woman. Women tend to feather their opinions with, "I feel" or "I think" or "I don't understand," and you'd think that'd make things altogether more agreeable...but it doesn't have that effect. I'm not sure why. In any case, the combination of these two things closes the door on politics for most women who don't want to invite that kind of confrontation. It creates a cycle that just reinforces itself over and over again.

Of the women who are involved in politics and show a more liberal leaning, I don't think it's as simplistic as, "Oh, they just want the government to take care of them like a husband or father." It's important to note that the actual disparity is only around 45/55, so despite what Ann Coulter may have told you, it's not such a huge difference as you might think.

I believe more men are Libertarians for the same reason more men are geeks. It's not necessarily that men are smarter than women (IQ tests show them at about neck and neck), but that it takes a certain level of social dissonance to seek those things out. The more mainstream something is, the more women get involved (I think liberalism is a bit more socially acceptable and in the media more, for instance, which is probably why more women are liberal). The answer is to make Ron Paul accessible and visible to women through signs, personal conversations, etc. :) Of course, it doesn't help if a woman interested in RP comes to a forum like this and finds a thread where women are shrugged off as stupid, selfish cows who should get back in the kitchen. I wish I could say I was joking about that thread...

I would generally agree with this and it's generally worse in the libertarian camp. Women listen better than men. Libertarian viewpoints don't tend to be viewpoints where one listens much. If you can't explain why the government needs to be involved in certain area, there's nothing left to talk about. I think we as libertarians tend to rest on this argument a little too much, especially when we're losing an otherwise pragmatic argument.

Edward
10-30-2007, 10:55 PM
bump

Edward
11-04-2007, 11:29 PM
the daily bump

Matt Collins
11-04-2007, 11:46 PM

alicegardener
11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
female Nefertiti is right about getting our feelings hurt more easily. Even the most politically active woman I know confessed to me she has to go into hermit mode sometimes just to recover emotionally. You guys love a good fight. We would rather do anything but. But that doesn't mean we don't pay attention or don't vote. I would bet there are more than 25% out there READING the forums. You might keep that in mind when you make disparaging remarks about women.

Nefertiti
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, I didn't say anything about feelings getting hurt! I think you are confusing me with someone else.

alicegardener
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Opps, you're right it was someone else. So sorry.

Edward
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
the daily bump

derdy
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
it's a sword fight/sausage fest in here!:eek:

Edward
11-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Bumping for this thread: Where are all the women? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44919)

Edward
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Bumping for the new people.

Sola
12-15-2007, 10:41 PM
You missed out an option on the poll......undecided

:)

subdefective
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Wow! Okay, I'm pretty shocked at the low number of women. Although it seems to mirror reality; of my circle of friends, I'm the only woman who is a Ron Paul supporter.

Edward
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Bumping for the new people.

Neuromanc3r
02-07-2008, 06:14 AM
male

WilliamC
02-07-2008, 06:15 AM
You left off a choice.

Not often enough :)

wrinklepup
02-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Female

GivePeace_A_Chance
11-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Male

zach
11-22-2008, 08:28 PM
bumpin for the new people and everyone else!

oh yehhh.

sasharouge
11-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Remember, that isn't 25% "support", thats 25% "FIERCE SUPPORT."[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, it's strong women who support Ron Paul...those in charge of their destiny :cool:y.

heavenlyboy34
11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I've been curious about this. I think we have more women on here than everyone thinks. I know one thing for sure...this forum has more women on it than any other forum I've been to.

Yesh! And the most beautiful women I've EVER seen in a political discussion clique! :D:) Yayyy, us! WE ROCK! BTW, I'm a dude...in case ya haven't noticed yet. ;)

Matt Collins
11-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Agent CSL
11-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Female.

Kludge
11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Let's see if I can name all the females on here I'm aware of in one post!

agent CSL,
angelatc,
give.me.liberty,
roxic27,
amy31416,
natalie,
TONES,
Sandra & Sally,
Deborah K,
JenniF00F00,
LibertyEagle,
MsDoodahs,

Anyone else?

OH!

Erika/Melissa!
Agent Chameleon may be... I don't recall.

Ooooh... I forgot this person (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5397/borednfatkp9.jpg).... :rolleyes: ;)

Edit: Forgot Aratus too!

I<3Liberty
06-23-2013, 06:01 PM
No hermaphrodite option? Uhmm, discrimination much? :p

Also, I feel like the male to female ratio would be a little more even by now? 2007 was 6 years ago and much more diversity has been acquired since the (both sex, gender, ethnicity, and race.)

heavenlyboy34
06-23-2013, 06:05 PM
No hermaphrodite option? Uhmm, discrimination much? :p

Also, I feel like the male to female ratio would be a little more even by now? 2007 was 6 years ago and much more diversity has been acquired since the (both sex, gender, ethnicity, and race.)
No transgender option either! The audacity! :P ;)

Anti Federalist
06-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes.

BamaAla
06-23-2013, 06:19 PM
You left off a choice.

Not often enough :)

Old thread bumped, but ^^ that's a little sad. RIP

Nirvikalpa
06-23-2013, 07:12 PM

OMG. So sad to see that... :(

RIP WilliamC.

Neil Desmond
06-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm a yes man too.

Anti Federalist
06-23-2013, 07:15 PM

OMG. So sad to see that... :(

RIP WilliamC.

I had missed that...:(

RIP

oyarde
06-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Go ahead , give me the Longitude , Latitude , but most important :) , what is in the Fridge ?

Murray N Rothbard
06-23-2013, 09:33 PM
It's not an internet thing, it's a libertarian thing. Go to a Mises event, then a moveon.org event, and you'll see.

My theory...women tend to be paternalistic by nature. And, ironically, they are also more non-violent, encouraging them to delegate those responsibilities (self reliance and willingness to face threats alone) to government agencies. Men don't want to be society's nanny or big brother, and they are more self reliant.

heavenlyboy34
06-23-2013, 09:45 PM
It's not an internet thing, it's a libertarian thing. Go to a Mises event, then a moveon.org event, and you'll see.

My theory...women tend to be paternalistic by nature. And, ironically, they are also more non-violent, encouraging them to delegate those responsibilities (self reliance and willingness to face threats alone) to government agencies. Men don't want to be society's nanny or big brother, and they are more self reliant.
LOL. :D Bah, humbug. By nature, all humans prefer the path of least resistance. It's more of a cultural thing to desire self-reliance and/or (real) freedom. Even my parents prefer living on social security over doing something to earn money. (they're too old for any significant labor-late 60's, but they are able to do basic tasks)

I'm of the opinion that selling Boobus on liberty is so hard because the chains of tyranny are most comfortable than the difficulties and responsibilities that come with liberty.

amy31416
06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Let's see if I can name all the females on here I'm aware of in one post!

agent CSL,
angelatc,
give.me.liberty,
roxic27,
amy31416,
natalie,
TONES,
Sandra & Sally,
Deborah K,
JenniF00F00,
LibertyEagle,
MsDoodahs,

Anyone else?

OH!

Erika/Melissa!
Agent Chameleon may be... I don't recall.

Ooooh... I forgot this person (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5397/borednfatkp9.jpg).... :rolleyes: ;)

Edit: Forgot Aratus too!

Not many of us left.....

Origanalist
06-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Not many of us left.....

Not many to begin with.

Edit, just looked at the poll. More than I thought.

Origanalist
06-23-2013, 10:04 PM

I was around for a short time when he was here. It still burns me a little thinking about how he was treated.

heavenlyboy34
06-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Not many to begin with.

Edit, just looked at the poll. More than I thought.
+a bunch I thought we were down to a dozen or so. I am surprise :eek: but also impress :) . I miss the flightless one being around here all the time. :(

Nirvikalpa
06-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Not many of us left.....

And the ones that are are good people!! :D

heavenlyboy34
06-23-2013, 10:12 PM
And the ones that are are good people!! :D
Great and fantabulous people, y'all are, in fact! :D xoxoxo

Nobexliberty
06-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Remember the womens job is not the be libertarians, but to make libertarians. Sorry, could not hold it in myself.

EDIT: No respone yet to my outragous comment, time to fill my body with poisinus coke.

2ND EDIT: I meant coca cola,its poison.

Barrex
06-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Remember the womens job is not the be libertarians, but to make libertarians. Sorry, could not hold it in myself.

EDIT: No respone yet to my outragous comment, time to fill my body with poisinus coke.

2ND EDIT: I meant coca cola,its poison.

Choose one of my answers:

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/37664481.jpg
or:
Crowd waiting for your punchline:

http://i2.wp.com/lagosbooksclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/905144021editor_school_children_in_lagos_nigeria-e1357402731914.jpg?resize=500%2C334
or:
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/19916995.jpg

How I know? I tried them.

The Man.

Why is it not public?

Nobexliberty
06-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Choose one of my answers:

http://i2.wp.com/lagosbooksclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/905144021editor_school_children_in_lagos_nigeria-e1357402731914.jpg?resize=500%2C334

My choice,lol.