PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and California...

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
After the smoke clears in California, maybe Ron could show compassion and pay a visit to the fellow Californians. It's a tragedy when you think about the situation these people are facing right now.

American
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I think it would be a good idea when this is over to asses the situation in which organisation reacted best. Red Cross vs FEMA

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
This is a GREAT idea, no other politicians are doing this. He should hold a free Barbecue for all the displayed reisdents. He's going to be in California already for Jay Leno.

The Displaced Residents are on display ? where? how much for admission.

American
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
This is a GREAT idea, no other politicians are doing this. He should hold a free Barbecue for all the displayed reisdents. He's going to be in California already for Jay Leno.

I hope you dont mean roasting hot dogs over burning houses do you? "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....."....;)

I think a BBQ is a great idea, but I think he should be warry of this, what if FEMA does there job. I think he should capitalize if they dont.

kylejack
10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
California has proportional delegates. We only need to win one Congressional district to get some delegates.

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
California has proportional delegates. We only need to win one Congressional district to get some delegates.

Delegates aside, I think Ron could afford to have any potential support period. Ron has to rise up like the patriot he is and show he cares.

Cali4RonPaul
10-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Can someone confirm this, I thought it was a winner take all state?

kylejack
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Can someone confirm this, I thought it was a winner take all state?
It is for the general election. The Republicans were not able to pull off switching that. For the Republican primary, its proportional by Congressional district. Each individual district is winner-take-all.

Primbs
10-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Out of fifty congressional districts, there are some district that are very libertarian.

tarsus
10-25-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Duncan Hunter is doing something like this because he's from California. I think Ron Paul should be extremely careful if he decides to do this though. It may look like he's just trying to use the fires to get media attention, one of the worst things you could be accused of really. (Yes, many politicians already do it, but do we want people accusing Ron Paul of it?) I'm not saying this is a bad idea, just that he's gotta be careful.

freelance
10-25-2007, 04:17 AM
How about if the California meetups "spam" the relief efforts? Is that too "opportunistic?" I really don't know. What do you all think? I'm just thinking that they could volunteer in their T-shirts--low key--no big banners. If we want to preach independence from the Federal beast and personal responsibility, isn't this the way to show it?

tsetsefly
10-25-2007, 04:26 AM
It is for the general election. The Republicans were not able to pull off switching that. For the Republican primary, its proportional by Congressional district. Each individual district is winner-take-all.

this means that Paul has a very good chance to win the larger cities/districts...

In California must you register republican to vote in the primaries?