PDA

View Full Version : My convertions of the day.

noxagol
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
So I was playing EVE-Online and talking with my corp mates, and we got on teh subject of politics. I mentioned Ron Paul after we got done bitching about big government. and a lot said they would check him out, at least 4 or 5 guys. The rest didn't much care because they all live in the UK.

cac1963
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
So I was playing EVE-Online and talking with my corp mates, and we got on teh subject of politics. I mentioned Ron Paul after we got done bitching about big government. and a lot said they would check him out, at least 4 or 5 guys. The rest didn't much care because they all live in the UK.

I had two black people approach me while holding a sign at an intersection in a relatively black part of town, and both appeared to be impressed with Paul's positions on things.

One guy asked if Paul could beat Hillary, and when I told him to hold freedom and the constitution up in one hand and the "empire" and all its horrible ills up in another, and asked which would win, he immediately came down on Ron Paul's side. For the other one, the lady asked if I was being paid to be there and why I would volunteer for this guy. When I explained his "back to basics" get rid of the IRS and FED positions, she asked what his stance was on the war in Iraq, and the minute I said "he would bring the troops home immediately, not just from Iraq but from Germany and Japan as well" she started grinning and asked how she could find out more information about him. At that point I got to promote the Ron Paul radio show a local station owner plays every weekday from 4-7pm and told her to tune in and tell her friends to as well to help grow this freedom movement more.

I think both were seriously impressed enough to at least go home and talk about him with their family and friends, if not downright converts there on the spot.

And I am noticing more and more honks and waves from new people in traffic. But it's difficult to determine if they're waving at me or at Ron Paul because I've been doing this every day for over a month. Some of them are probably waving just because they've seen me at different intersections all over town.

DjLoTi
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
cac1963 - - you're awesome

alien
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM

People should care all around the world. Win he wins it will affect other countries as well. If they can not vote they can promote the heck out of him online. Just spreading the word around is what got us this far.

cac1963
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
cac1963 - - you're awesome

No I honestly believe if I'd not been kicked out of the meetup I was in, I wouldn't be doing half this much because I'd be waiting for everyone else to figure out when they want to get on the same page at the same point in time. Getting kicked out was probably the best thing that could have happened to someone as motivated and enthusiastic about Paul as I am.

thehittgirl
10-24-2007, 05:54 PM
No I honestly believe if I'd not been kicked out of the meetup I was in, I wouldn't be doing half this much because I'd be waiting for everyone else to figure out when they want to get on the same page at the same point in time. Getting kicked out was probably the best thing that could have happened to someone as motivated and enthusiastic about Paul as I am.

May I ask why you got kicked out? If not that's ok. I am just nosy as to what goes on in meetup groups in other areas.

ps WTG on the work you are doing too :)

honkywill
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I love when people ask me how much I'm getting paid to sign wave.

TVMH
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM

How'd you manage to get kicked out of a Meet-up group? :confused:

bbachtung
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM

How wonderfully decentralized. It is a badge of honor to get kicked out of an organization. Thanks for all of the work you do cac1963.

What state are you in?

TVMH
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
How wonderfully decentralized. It is a badge of honor to get kicked out of an organization. Thanks for all of the work you do cac1963.

What state are you in?

I should clarify...I wasn't meaning to be critical, I was just curious. :)

Adamsa
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I love you all. :D

cac1963
10-24-2007, 06:42 PM

LOL The organizer started publicly attacking the labor day Ron Paul cleanup project by declaring that she pays too much in local taxes to go out and do such work that is so beneath her, totally missing (willfully ignoring) the point of the project to begin with. I contacted her privately and told her to chill and either get behind it or get out of the way, and she comes back at me with this long self-aggrandizing scribe about how much money she donates to the Billy Graham's Crusade, among other things, so I told her to get over herself and start supporting the ideas submitted by other members of the group instead of attacking them.

She branded that as "abuse" and ejected me point blank. Cut me loose is more like it.

I started a second meetup in town at that point and hooked up with some good old boys who support Paul but couldn't stomach joining to her group because of her renowned history around here. And, though it's only been a little over a month, it would appear that with the exception of the occasional guerrilla sign-posting activities by her group she's pretty much ceded the entire city to me and my tiny band of activists, with her group focusing their efforts on surrounding towns and long-distance events.