PDA

View Full Version : Separarte church and state (except when it's political)

freedoms-light
03-25-2011, 08:31 AM
They call it "Rediscovering God in America"

Notice who is not speaking there?

hxxp://www.rediscovergodinamerica.com/

The foundation of our heritage as a nation is the Word of God, but we’ve lost sight of this in today’s culture. It’s time to learn and understand what "One Nation Under God" really means.
Join churches across America for
a FREE, national event
that will reveal how American history
and current events can only be fully understood in light of God and His Word.

Michele Bachmann, Congresswoman

Haley Barbour, Governor

Mike Huckabee, Former Governor Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House George Barna, Researcher

Dave Barton, Historian Bob McEwen, Former Congressman Larry Stockstill, Pastor
View All Speakers

If you would like to be a part
of this historic webcast and you do not have a host site near you, sign up below to watch it
on your computer!

The webcast is free for the first 10,000 to sign up. After 10,000, it is $1.99 to watch online.

Bring the truth about God and America into your home on Saturday, March 26th.

History is clear: the founders of our country drew their inspiration, wisdom, and direction from the Bible. Beginning in colonial times, church leaders spoke to their congregations about the events and issues of the day in the context of Biblical truth. Rediscover God in America will lay a foundation of critical knowledge for your congregation. They'll learn how to interpret and assess current events in light of God's Word, as our founding fathers did, and how to respond Biblically and take action that aligns with His truth.

A just and prosperous nation is born and sustained by truth, not compromise. Join with thousands of churches across the nation! Bring the truth about God and America to your congregation and community.

HOST REDISCOVER GOD IN AMERICA
VIA WEBCAST AT YOUR CHURCH!
Saturday, March 26, 2011

Become a Host Site

http://www.rediscovergodinamerica.com/images/US-Map.gif

jmdrake
03-25-2011, 08:37 AM
You do understand the difference between "political" and "state" right? There's nothing wrong with religious people being involved in politics. If there is then Ron Paul was wrong for endorsing pastor Chuck Baldwin for president in 2008.

Sola_Fide
03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
You do understand the difference between "political" and "state" right? There's nothing wrong with religious people being involved in politics. If there is then Ron Paul was wrong for endorsing pastor Chuck Baldwin for president in 2008.

Most people today have no idea that the states had their own established churches. It was only CONGRESS that couldn't establish a church. They could make "no law" establishing religion. Only the states could do that...and they did.

freedoms-light
03-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I am not sure if it just hit me as big time political pandering event, or I was ticked off that Ron probably was never invited to speak.

FrankRep
03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Separation of church and state (except when it's political)

Separation of church and state doesn't actually exist in the Constitution.
The Constitution only says Congress shall pass no law....

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I am not sure if it just hit me as big time political pandering event, or I was ticked off that Ron probably was never invited to speak.

I'm not sure he would speak there if he were invited to do so. I expect he would pass on it and recommend they get a trained minister rather than a politician. About the only Bible chapter I've heard him refer to is Matthew: 6. One of my favorites.

He doesn't wrap himself in the flag, and he doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve. And if he ever did, it would shake my quarter century of admiration of him.

freedoms-light
03-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Separation of church and state doesn't actually exist in the Constitution.
The Constitution only says Congress shall pass no law....

I guess I chose a poor title for the thread.
I was remembering how during the 2008 primary, you couldn't hand out Ron Paul slim jims at church yet in this case over 200 churches can host events with at least 3 presidential candidates pandering to them.

ChaosControl
03-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Gingrinch, multiple time adulterer who doesn't show remorse and just says he did it because he loves America being involved makes this whole thing a complete joke.

freedoms-light
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Gingrinch, multiple time adulterer who doesn't show remorse and just says he did it because he loves America being involved makes this whole thing a complete joke.

You just gave me an idea for what would have been a better title.
I should have chosen the thread's title:

Pandering event hosted by 200 churches a complete joke

would have made more sense.

silentshout
03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Yikes.

jmdrake
03-25-2011, 10:21 AM
I guess I chose a poor title for the thread.
I was remembering how during the 2008 primary, you couldn't hand out Ron Paul slim jims at church yet in this case over 200 churches can host events with at least 3 presidential candidates pandering to them.

You just gave me an idea for what would have been a better title.
I should have chosen the thread's title:

Pandering event hosted by 200 churches a complete joke

would have made more sense.

I get what you're saying now. You can PM a mod and ask them to change the thread title. I agree that it's sick that an unrepentant adulterer like Gingrich is invited to speak and Ron Paul is not. In 2007 the Home School Legal Defense Association endorsed Huckabee over Paul even though by their own measurements Paul had a 100% record on supporting homeschoolers whereas Huckabee was around 50%. Their reasoning? "Gov. Huckabee understands the threat of radical Islam". What does that have to do with homeschooling? And look at all of the pro lifers who lined up behind candidates that had flip flopped on abortion instead of behind Ron Paul who had a perfect and consistent record on that? Some of today's Christians would choose Barabas over Jesus.

TruckinMike
03-25-2011, 10:36 AM

thats^^ an understatement....

TMIKE