PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partiers plan to kick out Boehner

JohnEngland
03-25-2011, 03:38 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/397/224/boehner_mcconnell_030211.jpg

Now Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips, arguably the most vocal critic of GOP leaders, is pushing for a primary opponent against House Speaker John Boehner in 2012 for breaking his campaign pledge to cut $100 billion and for what he sees as hints that he's willing to cut less than $61 billion in a compromise with Senate Democrats.

"Charlie Sheen is now making more sense than John Boehner," Phillips wrote in his blog earlier this month.

In an interview with FoxNews.com Thursday, Phillips said he stands by his comments and goal of seeking a primary challenger to Boehner.

"Charlie Sheen still makes more sense than John Boehner because at least Charlie Sheen is winning," he said.

"This is the one message the Tea Party needs to be out there pushing," he said. "If you don't live up to your promise, we're going to throw you out."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/24/tea-party-movement-growing-weary-gop-budget-plan/

ihsv
03-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Charlie Sheen still makes more sense than John Boehner because at least Charlie Sheen is winning," he said.

Spoken like a warlock! :D

Sola_Fide
03-25-2011, 05:10 AM
Boner needs to go. Who do we have to primary him?

DXDoug
03-25-2011, 05:42 AM
"Oh thank god"-Buster .

this guy always looked Very bug eyed and welll just looking at em any idiot shuld b able tell he is a drone from the system . Like rabbits they breed em i tell you

Cowlesy
03-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I don't think anyone needs a pointer from Judson Phillips that Boehner could use some heat in his primary.

All that aside, his constituents aren't going to primary out their guy when he is Speaker of the House.

angelatc
03-25-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't think anyone needs a pointer from Judson Phillips that Boehner could use some heat in his primary.

All that aside, his constituents aren't going to primary out their guy when he is Speaker of the House.

The local GOP certainly isn't, that's for darned sure. But putting some pressure might force him to the right at little. He'll never be one of us or them, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't push him.

VBRonPaulFan
03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
he's in a really tough place. i don't really trust the guy much, but if we get more tea party support in the house/senate i think we could make things happen with him.

sailingaway
03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't mourn him.

libertybrewcity
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
they could easily primary this guy. im suprised the superpacs haven't been more vocal in threatening his candidacy. they could easily find someone more competent to run. getting him out of the house would give the tea party folks a chance to get someone even a little bit better than him. it is really not too hard to bring some good bills to the floor. he is a complete failure.

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Well, even if we can't get him out, we can get enough liberty candidates in to vote him out of the speaker's chair.

low preference guy
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Tea Partiers plan to kick out Boehner

fantastic idea

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Bad thread title. I like:

Boehnees finally fed up

low preference guy
03-25-2011, 11:19 AM

what are the chances of a democrat winning? i think it'd be preferable because then somebody else will have to be the House Republicans leader.