PDA

View Full Version : uTube: WAC gets Michelle Bachmanns opinion on the fed (wow!)

muzzled dogg
03-24-2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kex0a-ji2-k

Sola_Fide
03-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow. That was good to hear.

AGRP
03-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Meanwhile, she loves the Patriot Act.

anaconda
03-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Regrettably, I finally gave up on her after she voted to extend the patriot act. I can't imagine ever trusting her in the future.

What a bunch of self absorbed goons working with her.

Pete Kay
03-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Wow. Look at how she is being handled. Just embarrassing. It really makes her look bad.

JohnEngland
03-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Wow. Look at how she is being handled. Just embarrassing. It really makes her look bad.

To be fair, I think this is quite typical among politicians. They have busy lives and need a lot of assistance.

Dave Aiello
03-25-2011, 02:50 AM

I think we're just used to Ron Paul's awesomeness / openness.

Also something to note: If there was no Ron Paul, I doubt Bachman would answer the question with such paul-esque rhetoric, if she was able to answer it at all. I see many politicians ripping off Ron, while they don't have near the depth of understanding that Ron posesses.

JohnEngland
03-25-2011, 03:45 AM
I think we're just used to Ron Paul's awesomeness / openness.

Also something to note: If there was no Ron Paul, I doubt Bachman would answer the question with such paul-esque rhetoric, if she was able to answer it at all. I see many politicians ripping off Ron, while they don't have near the depth of understanding that Ron posesses.

I absolutely agree with this final point. If you want to change things, you've got to have some of the people pushing the boundaries of acceptable discourse. Ron has been doing that in the Congress and now, with Rand, the range of acceptable discussion is being changed in the Senate.

Feeding the Abscess
03-25-2011, 07:29 AM
I absolutely agree with this final point. If you want to change things, you've got to have some of the people pushing the boundaries of acceptable discourse. Ron has been doing that in the Congress and now, with Rand, the range of acceptable discussion is being changed in the Senate.

I would put it more like the following:

Ron is spitting truth/educating, Rand is moving the range of discussion (see: using Republican-lite rhetoric against Republicans). You need to have the education before you can move the discussion in a positive direction. If Ron ever passes the torch, Rand's going to have to give up the role of moving discussion and be more of a hardline educator. Otherwise Rand will end up being Goldwater, spawning a bunch of Reagan-esque failures.

To put it in a sports analogy:

Rand is playing Pippen to Ron's Jordan. For those who aren't in the know, Pippen was the conduit between Jordan and the rest of the team, both on and off court.

Chester Copperpot
03-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Wtf was that?

She didnt have anytime to answer the questions about the fed at all, but she had time to meet and greet with others...

As soon as the guy mentions the fed, she gets shuffled away...

wtf

Feeding the Abscess
03-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Wtf was that?

She didnt have anytime to answer the questions about the fed at all, but she had time to meet and greet with others...

wtf

Not only that, but her criticism was pretty couched, saying that the Fed Reserve Act was "too broad," not that it was unconstitutional, wrong to have a central bank, etc.

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Not only that, but her criticism was pretty couched, saying that the Fed Reserve Act was "too broad," not that it was unconstitutional, wrong to have a central bank, etc.

And I suppose some IMF-based world currency, despite being international in scope, would be 'less broad' in some technical way.

Eric21ND
03-25-2011, 08:03 AM
She's pretty awful. They only way she can save herself in my eyes is to endorse RP and STFU.

sailingaway
03-25-2011, 08:36 AM
She's been attending Ron's lunches for a couple years now, and the Fed was the first thing that she bought into that brought her to our attention. She then brought Ron to Minn to speak together on it (amongst other things). The question is would she follow through if in power? And looking at how she speaks of budget cuts but votes for the leadership version, I have to wonder. She also voted to extend the Patriot Act.

However, she has asked some pretty good questions in financial hearings.

I kind of put her views into the category of how much influence Ron's views now have...it is mainstreamed in the conservative wing of the party.

AdamT
03-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Wtf was that?

wtf

In sharp contrast to Ron Paul, who understands what he says and means what he says, a lot of other politicians really have no idea about what they say or what they believe. They say whatever is politically acceptable for the day. So any pointed questions asked result in advisers and assistants shutting it down until they can "prepare" an answer, simply because they alone might say something "not approved" or making them look clueless. Which most are.

As a side note.....Bachman may be speaking at our upcoming WI-CFL conference. Not sure how I feel about that.

Romulus
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
She can never be trusted.. not until her record proves so.

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Not sure how I feel about that.

Not sure how I feel about her, either. But I know Nixon hired people to 'drag him away' from voters. Old trick. If she's being 'dragged away' by her hired hands, it doesn't mean much. Stage play.

Romulus
03-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Those handlers ought to be embarrassed. Do you think RP would have ever put up with that? They would be fired on the spot.

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Those handlers ought to be embarrassed. Do you think RP would have ever put up with that? They would be fired on the spot.

She's the one who ought to be embarassed.

Romulus
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
She's the one who ought to be embarassed.

Judge a tree by its fruits.

anaconda
03-25-2011, 01:21 PM

I talked to an asshole in 2008 answering the phones at Ron's D.C. office.